Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by Lauri_fly
Nope, nothing.
Good to know.
"Enhancements" are happening everywhere.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Furry
Don't know if already posted but AY partnership with NoHo restaurants ending in 14th April.

https://www.finnairshop.com/fi/royal-restaurants

So buy your vouchers before if you want to dine "cheaply" before Oct (validity 6 months from issue). This has been one of the best value perks in Finnair shop.
On a related note: you can EARN on tableonline.fi, 50p/pax. I never knew that.

Still, it's unclear HOW. The AY site just links to tableonline.fi the tableonline.fi site links to the AY site. Made a dummy booking - you can enter the AY number during the process.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 10:27 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
Check in agent showed me on the screen that the mysterious XBGG ancillary service goes through as extra baggage piece.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 1:31 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by avermat
Check in agent showed me on the screen that the mysterious XBGG ancillary service goes through as extra baggage piece.
So you had eXtra load of these?

Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:53 am

Is there a way to check yearly qualifications on AY?
Silly me I have not been prudent to keep own excel about flights all these years…
I would like to make a stats and relate that to some few selected words in a note that I would like to send to AY bosses😁
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:57 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Is there a way to check yearly qualifications on AY?
Silly me I have not been prudent to keep own excel about flights all these years…
I would like to make a stats and relate that to some few selected words in a note that I would like to send to AY bosses😁
ay management does not seem to know how to write as they have never responded to a single email from me, not even had a assistant of theirs respond 😏🤷‍♂️
Old Apr 12, 2022, 1:00 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
You can get the full history via the GDPR request of stored data, but it is a pdf-file of several hundreds pages and you would need to manually transfer each data point to excel.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
I have seen many times Classic lower than Light, but never Flex. Or is this normal AY IT still?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 6:34 am

Programs: AY LUMO
How is total price after picking return leg ?
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: BA gold, OWE
Originally Posted by Jorma
I have seen many times Classic lower than Light, but never Flex.
This can happen when advanced purchase requirement is not met for lower Light fares and low buckets still available. Prices of Light and Flex do overlap depending on route.
r2d2 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Just booked my last ticket which will take me to Plathood by June. Started in November so pretty happy about the speed. Having lived in TLL for the last couple of months certainly helped with the segment runs. Spent half of the segments on ATR though. Total cost was just shy of 3500€ so 46€ per segment on average.
temppa, FFlash, Steve_Hun and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by florens
Just booked my last ticket which will take me to Plathood by June. Started in November so pretty happy about the speed. Having lived in TLL for the last couple of months certainly helped with the segment runs. Spent half of the segments on ATR though. Total cost was just shy of 3500€ so 46€ per segment on average.
Didn't one recent promo let you buy plat for a little bit more than that without all the ATR pain? Shows how good of a deal that was because 46e per segment is very impressive.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by mpkz
Didn't one recent promo let you buy plat for a little bit more than that without all the ATR pain? Shows how good of a deal that was because 46e per segment is very impressive.
Yeh, I started the endeavor in November though before the promo (though only had Gold in mind initially). And TLL-HEL is so short that I really can't complain.
And to be honest, I was never a fan of status being handed out just like this. So I would not have bought it, out of principle.
FFlash and mpkz like this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
The recent double tier point campaigns provided opportunities for super cheap status. A BER-HEL-BKK return in Economy Flex cost less than 600 e and with double tier points two of them are enough for reaching Plat.
florens, esledo, FFlash and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by florens
Yeh, I started the endeavor in November though before the promo (though only had Gold in mind initially). And TLL-HEL is so short that I really can't complain.
And to be honest, I was never a fan of status being handed out just like this. So I would not have bought it, out of principle.
True warrior idiot runs segments and utilizes all ”ancillaries” to make that journey fun. Cardbuyers are different league
kauppias likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.