Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by tulokas
Thanks for this. New info for me.
This was the routing yesterday, you can see coverage was lost around the same place.

tulokas likes this.
Old May 2, 2022, 12:41 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by finnishlad
will the crew retain the highly individual Finnair uniform, or adopt BA livery?
While I have no info, I would assume they wear AY uniforms. Just like IB does on HEL-MAD.

Do we know if ARN cabin crew is now AY crew, or still outsourced?

AY will have substantial crew bases at LHR and FRA, then. And interesting layovers at airports where AY doesn't usually fly. TPA and LAS for Eurowings, right? Which destinations will AY operate for BA?

Last edited by ffay005; May 2, 2022 at 12:42 pm Reason: TMP -> TPA :D
Old May 2, 2022, 1:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by ffay005
While I have no info, I would assume they wear AY uniforms. Just like IB does on HEL-MAD.

AY will have substantial crew bases at LHR and FRA, then. And interesting layovers at airports where AY doesn't usually fly. TPA and LAS for Eurowings, right? Which destinations will AY operate for BA?
I saw on instagram one cabin crew deadheading to ARN, flying LAX rotation and then deadheading back to HEL.
Old May 2, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Which destinations will AY operate for BA?
On 03MAY first destinations are NAP and ZAG

Still outsourced.
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 2:58 am

Where is the milestones gift thread? I can't find it, it must have some obscure title.

Anyway, 200k = 40k points, 300k = 60k points. What about 400k? 500k = no points, only vases etc.
Old May 4, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Where is the milestones gift thread? I can't find it, it must have some obscure title.
It was recently discussed in the Rimowa and other gifts to AY plats
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 3:37 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Eaten too much AY lounge veganhöpöhöpö?

Rimowa and other gifts to AY Plats
ffay005, FFlash, Steve_Hun and 1 others like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
On 03MAY first destinations are NAP and ZAG

Still outsourced.
I was a bit surprised to see OH-LZU in FAO yesterday. Presuming it's operating that for BA as well.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:17 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Actually in that case they would need 8 planes with new seats. 2 goes for JFK, 2 for SIN and DFW needs 1.

To FRA /MUC is going A350 aircraft with 10 row J (old configuration).
Friend at Eurowings Discover said that AY is not excluding the possibility to send new J birds for Eurowings Discover ops.

Front J will be J, minicabin J will be PE.
So J32W14 config.

A321s (not sure how many) also going to Eurowings Discover.
FFlash likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 3:02 pm

What are their PE fares like? My signature is more and more true every day.
TPJ, FFlash and mpkz like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:06 pm

Meta advertised me this in my feed. Suits here also i think.
Old May 9, 2022, 3:18 am

And lets keep the talk in alcoholic beverages, here is the new Finnair signature cocktail:

Finnair’s new signature cocktail inspired by the sunset takes off to the skies

From 11 May onwards, you can enjoy our brand-new signature cocktail, created together with Danish Mikropolis Cocktails. Plenty of lingonberry, a splash of gin and a dash of orange peel bring you a whole new form of enjoyment on our long-haul flights.

Sit back and relax, your long-haul flight is about to take off. Maybe admire the stunning view above the clouds, perhaps the beautiful sunset glowing in the shades of red, orange and yellow. Let us introduce you our new signature drink, Northern Blush, that got its name from this exact magical moment.

More choice with fresh, Nordic flavours

Finnair’s fist signature drink that is available in all travel classes on long-haul flights comes with real Finnish lingonberry, gin and orange peel. You might also taste nuances of citrus and a hint of juniper berry in this fresh and sour novelty. The colour of the drink is vivid red, and its smell transports you into a Finnish forest.

“Cocktails are a growing trend and have become a part of the meal service. Unlike before, people are drinking cocktails also during the meal, so we wanted to add more choice in our selection,” tells Lauri Ahonen, Concept & Category Manager at Finnair Kitchen.

The cocktail is served with ice and a slice of lemon. The drink is a ready-made quality cocktail mix in a pretty can, which label you can admire the colours of a sunset.

Seamless and Nordic cooperation

“Airplane as an environment comes with limited opportunities for preparing cocktails, so our aim was to bring in our selection a ready-made premium drink-mix,” Ahonen says. “We selected Danish Mikropolis Cocktails as our partner, as they have manufactured bar-quality drink-mixes also before. The cooperation has been agile and seamless.”

Options for the main flavour and ingredients included lingonberry, cloudberry, pine and birch – something else than blueberry that’s already very characteristic for Finnair.

“We very quickly came up with the theme of a light, lush, sparkling lingonberry cocktail reminiscing the components of the widely known Cosmopolitan cocktail. Once we were able to source lingonberries with Finnish origin, we were sure that the plan was bulletproof,” tells Morten Bruun, responsible for research and development at Mikropolis.

The project really only started in December 2021, and only five months after the new signature drink is already part of the drink selection on our long-haul flights. The cooperation with a small, Nordic operator ensures more agile development work, and as a result, Finnair’s drink selection or signature drink might be changing also sooner in the future.

Fresh and likable taste

”I believe many of our customers will savour the taste of our new signature drink. I hope people from all around the world will give it a try,” Ahonen says. Even if lingonberry isn’t your favourite flavour, it’s worth to try this cocktail.

Northern Blush will be available on all our long-haul flights as of 11 May, at the same time when the first elevated long-haul flights take off with the renewed service concepts. You can try the drink in all our travel classes. In Economy Class, it is complimentary with the first meal service, and after that you can purchase it for €8.

During 11–13 May 2022, you can also taste the Finnair exclusive drink at Helsinki Airport’s Finnair Lounges.
Few better pictures here in the actual article
Old May 10, 2022, 2:50 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I got the full plat talk, special treatment today on AY952:

- Suomea?
- Nej.

The entire plat treatment in less than 5 seconds. Understandable as they had 4 J pax on 9 rows to attend to.

Last edited by intuition; May 10, 2022 at 3:09 am
Old May 10, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: some
"During 11–13 May 2022, you can also taste the Finnair exclusive drink at Helsinki Airport’s Finnair Lounges."

So I suppose I'll need to see on Friday if that's suitable for breakfast.
Old May 10, 2022, 5:26 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Originally Posted by intuition
I got the full plat talk, special treatment today on AY952:

- Suomea?
- Nej.

The entire plat treatment in less than 5 seconds. Understandable as they had 4 J pax on 9 rows to attend to.
They must know You...

But still, subpar!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.