Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 4, 2022, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: miamiflyer8
When you reach 200.000 tier points within a tracking period. you will receive what we call a milestone gift. After this, you will receive a gift when you reach each 100.000 points level.

In May 2022:
200.000 receives 40.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
300.000 receives 60.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
400.000 receives 100.000 award points or certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
500.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
600.000 receives 100.000 award points or a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
700.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
800.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
900.000 receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
1 Million wait for it! receives no award points but a choice of certain gift items (scarf, towel set etc)
So, safe to assume this goes on indefinitely.

Print Wikipost

Rimowa and other gifts to AY Plats

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2013, 10:12 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Rimowa and other gifts to AY Plats

Onboard I've seen a silver rimowa with a recessed AY logo, a blue plastic approx 4x4 cm with the current F-logo in white, like this

Would that case belong to an employee of Finnair or has such cases been sold /given away to the public (Frequent flyers)?
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
could be both, but I have a AY branded rimowa case (not in cabin size though) via their FF programme. Plats used to get gifted upon renewal, from a selection of gifts. I think the Rimowa may have been the only gift item with AY branding, but could be wrong.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 12:00 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
It could well be the only gift with AY logo, I have two of those AY branded Rimowas from my Plat days and must say they are really robust, been is use 10 years and still going strong.

Later they introduced other Plat gifts as well but in the early years of Finnair's OW membership/Plat level the standard Rimowa cabin trolley was the only/automatic one they sent to everyone. Later you could choose other Rimowa models as well, at least pilot style case/trolley and also larger 4-wheeler (>cabin size=hold size large trolley) were included among tailor made shoes, Suunto watches etc.

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Dec 30, 2013 at 2:28 pm
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I think it must be Plat gift.

The Rimowas you could buy from the Finnair shop were the plain vanilla type, with no branding (as opposed to the very well branded Lufthansa ones from their Worldshop) and I haven't seen any crew with company Rimowas.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:57 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
OK, thanks all for answers. I hadn't seen the branded ones before and I assumed it was staff.
Good it turned out to be a FF gift. The owner "stole" the last overhead space in business and then walked down to his seat in econ. As I was in bulkhead I really needed that space. Very unhappy with that behaviour but glad it wasn't AY staff at least.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 1:43 am

Programs: AY Plat
I have one of those bags as a Plat gift.

If you needed the space I would have asked the CAs to move that econ pax bag somewhere else. Even gate check it... You would not have been the rude one but that econ guy.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:15 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Oh, I talked to the CA. They put my bag in the wardrobe/stowage.

Not sure AY staff would ever move "offending" bag. They will try to solve the problem at hand, which is the bag not yet stowed (ie my bag). Has happened to me many times as I prefer board late and often is seated in bulkhead row. This was however the first time I saw the "bag in J, seat in Y-manoeuvre" on AY.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by intuition
This was however the first time I saw the "bag in J, seat in Y-manoeuvre" on AY.
Yeah, luckily you do not see that often...maybe this (former? ) Plat member was so unhappy to travel in whY that he/she thought to leave atleast something in front of the curtain..
Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
Fyi, nowadays as the Platinum gift you can select from a range of products, with a value around 200e. This seems to be an undocumented benefit.

This year's selection below.

Old Jan 2, 2014, 4:49 am

Interesting, taking into account the big number of current Plats here very little has been mentioned about today's Plat gift selection. Downgrade from the old days is huge but then again you get these gifts every year...in the past it was only every second year (or after 300k points).
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:10 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Interesting, taking into account the big number of current Plats here very little has been mentioned about today's Plat gift selection.
... because only newly baked plats get the gift. No gift upon renewal
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by intuition
... because only newly baked plats get the gift. No gift upon renewal
Really..? Well that's a way to treat your best customers!!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:33 am
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Really..? Well that's a way to treat your best customers!!
What can I say; AY doesn't like repeat customers! Better churn the entire customer base, so no one ask for the lotion that disappeared from the amenity kit.

Originally Posted by hermanni
Fyi, nowadays as the Platinum gift you can select from a range of products, with a value around 200e. ...

Thanks for posting, very interesting to see!
The value (200€ store value) seems to be the same since the introduction of the new tiers (2009). In 2009 it was about the same number of things priced at 200€, but I remember stuff to be more valuable than this selection - one example I remeber there was an automatic espresso maker with grinder, foamer and all. Beats a simple melitta IMHO.

BTW great signature!
Old Jan 2, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Hermanni, how many AYtier points You fly during Your tracking period?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: AY Lumo.
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Hermanni, how many AYtier points You fly during Your tracking period?
I've done over 220000 tier points this period, with two months to go. Last period I did something like 170000 tier points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.