Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I would like to add that this is a special meal, the seafood one. One shouldn't expect this without a preorder. It's quite good actually in my opinion but it seems AY only has one seafood meal as they always serve this one.

Not only in BUD route, so AY: please stop serving this "goulash" on all your flights.

No pre order. Everybody got it.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 9:27 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Oh, really. That's nice.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by casper79
Now the topic is back on top

Hel - Bru ay815 14/09

Had the same yesterday on LHR. Looked horrible but it was eatable.
Just about worth the upgrade but not 800€ J tix nor 169€ cash upgrade
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
ZRH-HEL AY864 15.9.2017 in J

No desert - just a couple of chocolates with the coffee...
Attached Images  
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:04 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by FFlash
Had the same yesterday on LHR. Looked horrible but it was eatable.
Just about worth the upgrade but not 800€ J tix nor 169€ cash upgrade
Same on BCN yesterday. Edible.

But what's going on with the wines they serve??? I really do not like the white, too sweet for me. The red is better, but far from what they have served before.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I would like to add that this is a special meal, the seafood one.
This was also served as the standard meal on the LHR flight on Friday.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:52 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Sent CS an e-mail about my disappointment w/ the "goulash" that was served to me. Got offered 5K points as a "compensation".

I've genuinely sent that letter with the intention of cosntructive criticism, hoping that some sort of an improvement would happen. I just hope when they write "Your feedback has been forwarded to the personnel in charge for the meal." is not an empty phrase and if they receive enough feedback, they'll take the necessary steps...
Old Sep 18, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I've genuinely sent that letter with the intention of cosntructive criticism, hoping that some sort of an improvement would happen. I just hope when they write "Your feedback has been forwarded to the personnel in charge for the meal." is not an empty phrase and if they receive enough feedback, they'll take the necessary steps...
Years working at startups have taught me the value of giving feedback.
I think a lot of Finns (I am an Estonian but I think we are fairly similar in that dept) think that giving feedback is complaining. But actually giving feedback is the _only_ way for the service provider to understand what consumers think of the service.
I've made it a habit to drop a line to AY every time I fly, if I see something that needs improving.
I also send feedback to AY's iOS app pretty regularly (and I've received replies).
Old Sep 18, 2017, 8:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I just hope when they write "Your feedback has been forwarded to the personnel in charge for the meal." is not an empty phrase and if they receive enough feedback, they'll take the necessary steps...
For the normal issues I sadly think it is just a boilerplate phrase that does not involve much more than copy/paste.

Originally Posted by juhanh
I also send feedback to AY's iOS app pretty regularly (and I've received replies).
This team is better at replying, both asking questions or explaining what can be done.

I am thinking that if AY it is important enought to treat some cases with points, they should actually also follow up on the issues. But that is in a dream world, most companies does not have such sophisticated tools to actually track customer complaints on that detailed level.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by intuition
A golden opportunity for a revealing graphical comparison - I hope you took some pictures?
So here are the food pictures on MUC - HEL. Sadly made with poor light on the LH flight due to a delay.

The first picture is on AY and chicken with polenta is served as main dish. Quality around a school dish with tight chicken meat. No idea what meat the starter is, but the dessert clearly consists of 3 different Fazer chocolate pieces. So the same meal as Aviating on ZRH - HEL.

The second picture is the first option on LH with lamb "Indian style" and potatoes. I was very surprised that the lamb was very soft and the small pieces basically fell immediately apart. It was also Also well spiced. I personally liked the starter (my gut feeling it was tuna). Also no complaints about the dessert that was some mousse creme. A long Hachez chocolate bar even came on top.

The third picture features the second option on LH with some fish (I don't remember what kind it is was). Also the fish was from the consistency just right. A complete different league than the seafood menu on AY I had a few days before where the fish was chewy.
Attached Images    
Old Oct 1, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Damn, yesterdays C main menu to LHR was white fish. So LGG's main menu turned to green salads labeled as Carlsberg.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Aviating
ZRH-HEL AY864 15.9.2017 in J

No desert - just a couple of chocolates with the coffee...
Same from BCN (again) Edible, but visually unappetizing. And the 3 pcs of bonbons - ridiculous.
Old Oct 2, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
London-Helsinki-London

Here is a video about Finnair business class food on London-Helsinki flight 28.Sept

Old Oct 2, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Originally Posted by finnishlad
Here is a video about Finnair business class food on London-Helsinki flight 28.Sept
Looks like you were treated with a cookie!
Old Oct 2, 2017, 11:38 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Originally Posted by Aviating
Looks like you were treated with a cookie!
It was a bread roll
Menu was explained as lamb for starter and chicken for main. Finnair please bring back menu cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.