Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 3:16 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by nordic
OWEs included. I just noticed, nothing for A380s but everything for A330s and A350s.
The A380-900 has not come out of Airbus factories yet anyway
Old Oct 7, 2017, 4:06 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
CPH-HEL, morning flight

Presented as "Breakfast omelette" (eggs, spinach, tomato sauce, sausage and a rösti). Omelette just a simple omelette with no filling (which is just as I like it), very tasty spinach and tomato sauce (on the sweet side but it worked for me). The rest good too, just a note that the rösti is filled with cream cheese or similar. Not bad, but if you are expecting potato it is weird.

No bread was offered (not a problem for me, but surprising). Yoghurt was not blueberry so that was a pleasant surprise. Fruit pack was good, but had been kept so cold it was actually frozen.
Attached Images    

Last edited by intuition; Oct 8, 2017 at 1:26 pm
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:43 am

I like the breakfast Champagne. =)
Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:16 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Helsinki Flyer
I like the breakfast Champagne. =)
It's never too early for champagne. Or too late.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SPBanker
It's never too early for champagne. Or too late.
Howdy from Austin SPBanker! Come visit again!

We're going to put this hypothesis to a test on an upcoming trip..

Returning back from BKK we will be trying out some champagne in the following:

BKK- CX Lounge (morning)
KUL- MH F Lounge (midday)
SIN- BA Lounge (evening)
SIN-HEL flight (overnight)
HEL- AY Premium Lounge (early morning)
HEL-LHR flight (morning)
LHR- BA Galleries F Lounge (morning)
LHR-JFK flight (midday)
JFK- AA Flagship Lounge (afternoon)
SPBanker, cistavoda and jmmi like this.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
HEL-CPH noon flight

No explanation of what food it was, but most of it was recognizable upon look. White fish in milk sauce, potatoe mash and mushrooms. Sauce turned out to be the traditional mustard sauce, so fish should have been cod. Didn't taste like cod though, so it probably was that darn Pangasius (siamese catfish?) that many Nordic cooks think is a perfect replacement for cod despite it tastes nothing like it and the fish farming wrecks havoc with the environment and the eco-chain.

Dish was slightly overcooked, but mash was enjoyable and sauce was really good. Fish was on the dry side. Mushrooms were not bad but felt out of place in this dish. Left half of the fish and the 'shrooms, but to my own surprise I finished the mash.

Entrée probably slices of Reindeer ham, horseradish cream and that darn buckwheat. However, all three worked well together (with their differences in texture and taste) so I surprised myself by eating half of the buckwheat.

Bread was served twice and there was a small dessert (dissected in next post)
Attached Images    

Last edited by intuition; Oct 8, 2017 at 6:38 am
Old Oct 8, 2017, 6:36 am
Moderator, Finnair

The return of the dessert

So on this flight the three stooges (3 fazer chocolates arranged in a pattern) were replaced with a dessert.

A mini-pie some 5-6 cm in diameter. I opened the crust and found it to be filled with a berry-jam and assumed blueberries.
I wasn't but I can't tell what berries it was. Jam was very sweet.
Getting deeper into the pie there was a slimy yellowish thing in the middle.

I am happy they have returned to serving a small dessert even though this is not going to be a favourite of mine.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:17 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Originally Posted by intuition
I am happy they have returned to serving a small dessert even though this is not going to be a favourite of mine.
I haven't had these on flight but the similar small cakes you can buy from shops do mostly taste like aluminium foil. I hope this tasted better.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Hartsa
I haven't had these on flight but the similar small cakes you can buy from shops
Usually a two-pack costs a bit over one euro but at the end of last week there was an offer at the supermarket of one of the department stores in Helsinki city center, 0.99 € for a two-pack. I didn’t take the upgrade offer for my flight on Friday, did a DIY J meal instead by bringing a pack of these cakes with me
Old Oct 8, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
HEL-CPH noon flight

No explanation of what food it was, but most of it was recognizable upon look. White fish in milk sauce, potatoe mash and mushrooms. Sauce turned out to be the traditional mustard sauce, so fish should have been cod. Didn't taste like cod though, so it probably was that darn Pangasius (siamese catfish?) that many Nordic cooks think is a perfect replacement for cod despite it tastes nothing like it and the fish farming wrecks havoc with the environment and the eco-chain.

Dish was slightly overcooked, but mash was enjoyable and sauce was really good. Fish was on the dry side. Mushrooms were not bad but felt out of place in this dish. Left half of the fish and the 'shrooms, but to my own surprise I finished the mash.

Entrée probably slices of Reindeer ham, horseradish cream and that darn buckwheat. However, all three worked well together (with their differences in texture and taste) so I surprised myself by eating half of the buckwheat.

Bread was served twice and there was a small dessert (dissected in next post)
Had the same meal yesterday and it was actually cod so nature saved.
Mushrooms were probably artichokes IIRC, not bad but somewhat tasteless.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:01 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Howdy from Austin SPBanker! Come visit again!

We're going to put this hypothesis to a test on an upcoming trip..

Returning back from BKK we will be trying out some champagne in the following:

BKK- CX Lounge (morning)
KUL- MH F Lounge (midday)
SIN- BA Lounge (evening)
SIN-HEL flight (overnight)
HEL- AY Premium Lounge (early morning)
HEL-LHR flight (morning)
LHR- BA Galleries F Lounge (morning)
LHR-JFK flight (midday)
JFK- AA Flagship Lounge (afternoon)
Would love to return to Austin some fine way! The whole family loved it.

You must tell us how the Champagne Tour goes
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
So on this flight the three stooges (3 fazer chocolates arranged in a pattern) were replaced with a dessert.

A mini-pie some 5-6 cm in diameter. I opened the crust and found it to be filled with a berry-jam and assumed blueberries.
I wasn't but I can't tell what berries it was. Jam was very sweet.
Getting deeper into the pie there was a slimy yellowish thing in the middle.

Your dessert would be this: https://www.fazer.fi/tuotteet-ja-asi...ka-2-kpl140-g/

They've also had the blueberry version.

You can buy a twinpack for €0.99 at your local Alepa.

Definitely an improvement compared to serving no dessert at all, but it is also a shame to call this "high-class". Would be completely fine as a Y dessert on longhauls, though.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:25 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Thank god they removed the menu cards, so we can play this fun game of guessing what we ate!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: Finnair Plus Plat (OWE) + a few other noble metal ones
Choice in s/h J food

On Oct 5, J pax on Norra’s HEL-BRU were offered choice in food while in the air. Main course was chicken or cod. (On Sep 27 on Finnair’s AMS-HEL there was no choice yet.)

The FA told this was a new feature, for flights with over 2 hr duration. (She was aware of Norra’s practices only.)
If max 4 pax in J, then everybody will always get what they choose, implying several extra meals (or courses) on-board. Interestingly, if more pax, FAs should first ask from Plats for their choice.

A nice gesture - though my preference would rather be for one meal with decent quality ;-o

I guess there must be other confirmations of this feature?

Last edited by Ksytsi; Oct 8, 2017 at 5:27 pm
Old Oct 9, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Has anyone asked the crew for Skybistro items while sitting in J? Is there any policy towards that?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.