Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Lunch appetizer + dessert HEL-IST. The main was köfte with saffron rice and grilled vegs. Oh, wait, wrong forum, this was TK flight
Attached Images  
Old Jun 15, 2017, 12:19 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Haha, I was going "oh what, new china?! And nicely presented?! And what is that strange box with vents between chairs (upper left)" before I read about Köfte!
I think it is only good to see some comparison pictures.
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I am adding here, that the same full service was available on the OTP-IST flight. It's the same length as HEL-ARN. Hmmm...
Old Jun 15, 2017, 3:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Wilco, something awful is going to happen if you ever post something like this here again. After all, we're supposed to believe that post #496 is a "delicious high quality meal". Now, who is going to find this workplace cafeteria meal of high quality now that you have posted your TK pic here for comparison? Naughty you!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:22 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Lunch appetizer + dessert HEL-IST. The main was köfte with saffron rice and grilled vegs. Oh, wait, wrong forum, this was TK flight
Have you thought about sending this picture to AY? Just to show them what does a "high quality meal" on short haul J looks like...
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
I tasted JP today for the first time and I have to say I was very positively surprised, although, I'm going to miss NF.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA*S, AA Plat, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist
I believe someone mentioned this combo before but I haven't seen a picture, so here it goes:

6/25's AY873 HEL-CDG, Dinner.

Decent sized amount of salmon with some kind of vegetable + potato sauce, and the tart was awesome.

Old Jul 19, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: AY Platinum
My dinner last week.

Name:  chocolate.jpg
Views: 713
Size:  103.6 KB

We seem to have a new dessert. A couple of chocolates bordering the butter box. I asked the purser if the dessert came from the kitchen or if it was something put together by her. She said that it's directly from the kitchen and "this is what it is" in an apologetic way. I comforted her by saying that at least it has tripled in quantity compared to what I've seen a couple of times before. Didn't ask about the bread but it was alreay on the tray and the breadbasket wasn't used at all.

Really excellent service by the purser by the way.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The salmon looks good, though!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:29 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by lkrt
The salmon looks good, though!
Luckily it did not only look good in my case.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:28 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
But why is the salmon runny?! Looks a bit like they freezed and thawed it (which could destory inner structure that holds moisture)
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:23 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
This disgusting beef goulash was served lately ex-EUR without appetizer and aperitif. I tried three pieces and gave up. Meat was chewy and inedible. Fazer chocolate was so called dessert. Very weak! Barley risotto was fine, though. Finnair explained that this is what they offer on flights that lasts less than two hours. The problem is that the hunger isn't smaller than on three-hour flights.
Attached Images   
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:33 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
I was so disappointed with the beef goulash that I decided to order a seafood meal for another flight ex-EUR. I'm happy I did. The cod that was served was just as a business class meal should be. Tomato and mozzarella was okay. It would have needed basil and olive oil. Now, I even got a real dessert, a gluten free donut. But why is Finnair adding spinach to every single main dish, I wonder.
Attached Images   
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Doughnut? It looks like two potatoes on that plate But the main course definitely sounds worth trying ^
Old Aug 1, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
I was so disappointed with the beef goulash that I decided to order a seafood meal for another flight ex-EUR.
How do I order a seafood meal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.