Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 12:33 pm
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by loimu
I also got a reply to my feedback from AY, apologising for the disappointment of having a cookie as dessert.
Originally Posted by intuition
If I read this literally, I've had the exact same type of response, where they apologize for me getting disappointed, not for any kind of service failure on their part.
Either we got the same agent (who has this way of expressing itself) or it is a new regime where they will avoid responsibility and try to make the complaint into something that only happened in the mind of the customer.
I do hope they are not on their way to copy the non-binding apologies some other airlines are well known for
Originally Posted by LoungeEnthusiast
Me too. I think this is not a coincidence or something coming from a particular individual but based on company instructions nowadays...
Same experience here. Those are apparently copy and paste answers. It's sad that AY has decided to lower meal quality and quantity, and then throw a few thousands of points to everyone who complains. I would rather see some improvements, especially since AY is aiming to offer the best J product. Has anyone noticed any improvements? I haven't, vice versa.
Old Apr 21, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
I wrote a feedback letter to Finnair as well. We'll see what is their answer.

Also heard on my recent flight that closet for coat will be removed from the planes. Nice during winter when Finns travel with their heavy winter coats...
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I've been served peace of chocolate! Wonder what that is...

I flew AY184 SPU-HEL on 22APR in J. The meal consisted of a few pieces of salmon and cucumber relish (quite okay actually), chicken breast in sauce, sliced oven-baked potatoes and beans (okay, too) and no dessert. Instead, there was a Fazer chocolate on the tray. I commented on the missing dessert to the purser, who agreed with me that the meals are turning way too cheap. She promised to send some feedback and asked if she could mention my name & status in her message. I agreed to this and more or less forgot all about it.

To my surprise, today I received a written answer from Finnair per email. The answer is not a copy-paste one and includes a promise to forward my feedback to the department responsible for inflight meals. The peace made me smile, though. And 5000 points as a thank you for my feedback... Didn't expect that!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:51 am

Well, I guess it still is a copy-paste answer since they always promise to send the feedback to the relevant department and persons. I also received 5000 points as a compensations when I complained about the chocolate that was served as a "dessert".

Very good service from the purser, anyway!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:58 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Looks like a status thing: I got only 2000 points.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yes, probably partially copy-paste but the first part, where they specifically addressed my complaint, was hand-written.

I hope all of us here take time complaining about this. Maybe together, we can make a difference.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:36 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
I flew AY184 SPU-HEL on 22APR in J. The meal consisted of a few pieces of salmon and cucumber relish (quite okay actually), chicken breast in sauce, sliced oven-baked potatoes and beans (okay, too) and no dessert. Instead, there was a Fazer chocolate on the tray. I commented on the missing dessert to the purser, who agreed with me that the meals are turning way too cheap. She promised to send some feedback

And 5000 points as a thank you for my feedback... Didn't expect that!
Same day, PRG-HEL, same menu, no dessert, with the difference that my chicken was dry and bland, the only good part of that dish were the beans. The salmon starter was tasty, as was the chocolate, too, but it doesn't count as dessert. With not much of the main course to eat and no dessert I tried to nourish myself with NF... I commented the missing dessert to the purser as well and she promised to forward my feedback. I also wrote feedback online, and got same feedback compensation, seems to be standard. I think it is good policy from them to give that 5000 points as it gives some initiative for customers to tell them what we think of their service.

I really hope they understand that they should do something positive with their European J meals. The downhill is in a way strange as they have put alot of effort in their long haul J meals with quite good results (though proper desserts are still lacking there, too), but at the same time are running down their short haul J, which is integral connecting part of their long haul product.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:44 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by muhv
Last weekend on afternoon flight to Paris salmon with mashed potatoes tasted pretty good I have to admit. Especially right after that awful potato+"something" cold salad experience in HEL business lounge.
totally agree on both.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:31 pm

Does anyone know what one of the breakfast courses is? It reminds of a watery scrambled eggs diluted with white sauce or cheese. Just awful. The only good this is the tomato sauce which takes the flavour out.

The bread plate was away so the tray looked empty. No need for marmelade because croissants have been removed.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Copying Luftwaffe - big success with german business travelers - I just can hope they don t do it.
The new 321's delivered this year already have the same config as the charter-321's, so no closet for coats.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by nordic
Does anyone know what one of the breakfast courses is? It reminds of a watery scrambled eggs diluted with white sauce or cheese. Just awful. The only good this is the tomato sauce which takes the flavour out.

The bread plate was away so the tray looked empty. No need for marmelade because croissants have been removed.
Do you perhaps mean this? Scrambled eggs, deep fried mozzarella cake (I was told, but somehow my deep suspision based on structure and taste is it was hash brown!!!), tomato sause and chicken sausage. Quite OK actually. If yours was the same, their quality is not consistent, which actually anyway seems to be the case. Yep, no bread plate. Very surprised of the strawberry in the fruit salad, as it really tasted like strawberry, not just looked like one!

Many members here have been compaining of Schengen lounge food offerings, for reason, but I was positively surprised of their breakfast, especially the feta-spinach-omelette, which was tasty. But regret taking that awful prosecco they have on offer to start a nice weekend getaway, no bubbles at all and taste was bad. Onboard just had to take something better to wash that awful taste out of my mouth

Marli blueberry juice on offer onboard, on long haul a week earlier it was Bonne. I was told that they had a blind tasting on different blueberry juices and jury ended up selecting Marli as best tasting one. I just wonder...
Attached Images  
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Marli blueberry juice on offer onboard, on long haul a week earlier it was Bonne. I was told that they had a blind tasting on different blueberry juices and jury ended up selecting Marli as best tasting one. I just wonder...
Yeah right.. By choosing this path not long anymore before they arrange another blind tasting and replace NF with cheap Prosecco claiming it was "so good"
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Originally Posted by Kelju
Yeah right.. By choosing this path not long anymore before they arrange another blind tasting and replace NF with cheap Prosecco claiming it was "so good"
I can believe the results. I don't know whether Marli is actually better, but it's possible to completely unintentionally screw up a taste test:

"In his book Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking (2005), author Malcolm Gladwell presents evidence that suggests Pepsi's success over Coca-Cola in the "Pepsi Challenge" is a result of the flawed nature of the "sip test" method. His research shows that tasters will generally prefer the sweeter of two beverages based on a single sip, even if they prefer a less sweet beverage over the course of an entire can."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepsi_Challenge#Criticism

Pepsi's marketing department may have known it was flawed, obviously, but someone trying to genuinely pick a supplier could easily make the same mistake.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 8:55 am

Money talks. I guess. More than a blind tasting.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
I had it once. It was awful. Grape juice drowned in sugar. Where was the blueberry

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.