Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 1:13 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
Originally Posted by lkrt
Thank you for your sacrifice! I might have to do the same as I usually stick to just NF. I really don't even have an idea of which spirits there are onboard. I remember someone saying that Bailey's was already excluded but good if they still have it.
Drinks choices are Camus VSOP, Calvados Berneroy, Glenfiddich, Chivas Regal 18yo, Amarula cream liquor, Bombay gin, Koskenkorva vodka, Carsberg beer, Nicolas Feuillatte, Cotes du Rhone blanc and Cotes du Rhone rouge. Also selection of juices and soft drinks. My favourite is gin long drink but when I ask it, cabin crew says they have gin tonic instead or it's in economy class but I have got it in the end.

Last edited by finnishlad; Feb 17, 2017 at 4:42 am
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:55 pm

Ten years ago one could choose from two white wines and two red wines in economy class.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by nordic
Ten years ago one could choose from two white wines and two red wines in economy class.
Those were the days!
Old Feb 17, 2017, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
PRG-HEL nice dinner (I don't make photos of food, sorry)

Salmon starter, tasty meatballs with mash and greens, very nice choc/nut cake + NF
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:53 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Dinner HEL-LHR in january. Can't really remember much of it, but it goes to prove mashed potatoes is the next big thing on AY...
Attached Images    
Old Feb 20, 2017, 7:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Another batch of unmentionables (ie food items that has no name). LHR-HEL in january.
Attached Images    
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: AY Silver
I know HEL-ARN (or ARN-HEL) are super short - what is offered (if anything!) in business class in terms of food/drinks during the flight? I'll be on the 08:00 to ARN and 20:45 back to HEL...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by FossilFlyer
I know HEL-ARN (or ARN-HEL) are super short - what is offered (if anything!) in business class in terms of food/drinks during the flight? I'll be on the 08:00 to ARN and 20:45 back to HEL...
Sandwiches (rather big, definetely not gourmet but still OKish if you are hungry) and drinks.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:34 am

Thanks, good to know, as I may not have time for dinner or lounge access before the flight...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wkndtraveler
Oh, and they don't have Campari available anymore. I asked for Campari orange as an aperitif and was told that not many ordered Campari so it's gone.

Feels like Finnair continuesly fails to provide what they are promising: "Delicious high-quality meals accompanied with carefully selected beverages."
It seems to me that your problem is exactly the reverse: they have applied a little too zealously their own slogan by being a little too careful in selecting beverages.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by FossilFlyer
Thanks, good to know, as I may not have time for dinner or lounge access before the flight...
Please, tell us your opinion after your flights. Or take a picture. I have even managed to have two mini-bottles of champagne but you have to be quick and thirsty.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by nordic
Please, tell us your opinion after your flights. Or take a picture. I have even managed to have two mini-bottles of champagne but you have to be quick and thirsty.
Will do. I wonder if I can fit in 2x NF bottles, a sandwich and something else to eat in the flight/serving time!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:03 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
I wish Finnair would bring menus back on european flights.
This is 'meat stew' was all I was told.
Here is video

Last edited by finnishlad; Mar 25, 2017 at 5:09 am
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:15 am
Accor 10+ BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by finnishlad
I wish Finnair would bring menus back on european flights.
This is 'meat stew' was all I was told.
Here is video
Finnair business class meal - YouTube
Yeah, meat stew tells a lot. Fish, chicken, turkey, beef, pork, or what? I wouldn't accept that as an answer. You should have challenged the crew a bit. But I can now tell you that you ate pork and beans stew, a sort of läskisoosi. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Last edited by wkndtraveler; Mar 25, 2017 at 5:26 am
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
The food on my last 6 SH sectors on AY has been well above average and better then the crap ba and SK are serving! I have been imprssed.
also the food has been presented without the plastic covers and folio removed which I REALLY APPRECIATE!!!

just my opinion but those who know me know I do not praise ba or AY often 😏😂😂 I am however now on more and more AY sectors since ba we t to bob 😁

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.