Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
I think the price of the components is irrelevant, the main thing it tastes good and these blueberry pies are something very Finnish, so definately a ^ from me! Everything in "tasokas ateriakokonaisuus" doesn't have to be expensive, but of good quality and tasty and those pies meet those criterias.
Just "enjoyed" that Fazer piece of chocolate again today, so yes, I would have been happy with the blueberry pie instead. And let me make a confession – I had two of those pies on my flight last week But still, I sort of semi-agree and semi-disagree with you. I mean, what's next, Rainbow Vodka and Pirkka beer?

I guess my main problem here is that AY marketing tries to make their J cabin appear, or sound, exclusive if not some kind of a luxury. If that's what they're after, then a €0.495 pie from Alepa just isn't what one reasonably expects.

What would be the right thing to do here would be to sit down and brainstorm about what they want to offer, what they can afford to offer and how to market the result that they, in the end, will offer. They could, for instance, make a clear distinction between Euro-J and longhaul J along the lines of "on longhaul flights, we will offer you a four-course meal with the choice of an appetizer or a soup, three main course options, some Finnish cheeses and ice-cream for dessert; on shorthaul flights, we will offer you an appetizer and a hot meal inspired by Finnish home-style cooking". If they did it like this, then I wouldn't have a problem with their workplace canteen style Euro-J mains or with the Fazer pie.
Old May 6, 2017, 12:37 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Euro-J exists for connecting long-haul passengers. Empty seats are filled with AY+ upgraders.

In that sense, the only thing I find weird with Finnair's Euro-J, compared to others, is the insanely high list price.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by lato
It's hard to put this 'May 1st / vappu special' in words, so please see the picture...
Wow. That really is more of an insult than an offering.
Old May 6, 2017, 1:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I especially like that the instruction on the bag says
Heat and sugar the 'DONITS'
Old May 9, 2017, 8:44 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
AY613 HEL-ALC J with mudcake.
Attached Images  
Old May 9, 2017, 8:54 am

AY614 ALC-HEL J breakfast 60 min before landing.
Attached Images  
Old May 9, 2017, 9:00 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Did you enjoy? I see 3 mudcakes there, in different forms
Old May 9, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Abducted Alien
This looks no bad at all IMO
Old May 9, 2017, 9:05 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
No, it looks better than the breakfast HEL-LHR of Sunday: the eggs and cheese with rosti were not good looking at all, and not great tasting either.
On Friday, LHR-HEL lunch time flight, the desert was a solitary chocolate. I asked the purser about this who confirmed Short-haul food is being reduced while Long-haul food should see improvements.
Old May 9, 2017, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Did you enjoy? I see 3 mudcakes there, in different forms
Dinner was tastier than it looks; I got my "I hate palaliha-beef" but ate it anyway.

Breakfast was actually good. Warm "riisipiirakka"-pies available as many I wanted. Fresh spinach was good, not overcooked and liked fresh fruits.
Old May 10, 2017, 2:20 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
As the return from ALC leaves at 2AM is there any dinner/light snack service after take off or is that breakfast the only meal?

Also, did you have access to the one and only contract lounge at ALC?
Old May 10, 2017, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
As the return from ALC leaves at 2AM is there any dinner/light snack service after take off or is that breakfast the only meal?

Also, did you have access to the one and only contract lounge at ALC?
AY ALC schedule
Only breakfast just after take off or 60 min before landing for your choice. Snacks, drinks available after take off; I started to sleep right away.

Sala VIP lounge access included; lounge closes at 24:00. So you have to spend 1.5 hrs on closed terminal; depends which bar/cafe desides to keep open longer than 23. Or you just come airport by taxi just before boarding time if with carry on and bp already with.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:23 pm

I took away VLML meal from AY profile. But aren't mashpotatoes for people who don't have teeth and should we leave meatballs to the school's lunch menu? I have two J flights coming with AY let's see how it goes.
I think you have misunderstood the concept. Finnair has just announced that it is the long-haul economy class passengers who will be enjoying scholl lunch inspired meals like meat-ball(s?) and potato and Finnish Style mac&cheese without cheese but including minced meat. It is a south-western swedish-speaking primary school who has created the menu.
Old May 24, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I also complained about the small portions and missing dessert on SH J service. Got the standard answer that they'll forward my feedback to the responsible department and 5000 points.

The answer was given within three hours which is IMO quite fast!
Old May 24, 2017, 12:53 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Hartsa
I also complained about the small portions and missing dessert on SH J service. Got the standard answer that they'll forward my feedback to the responsible department and 5000 points.

The answer was given within three hours which is IMO quite fast!
I did the same, got the same answer and 10000 points within 12 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.