Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 18, 2022, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lkrt
On ARN flights, a cold sandwich with beverages is served. On all other SH flights, the service includes "a hot main meal, something sweet and beverages".

Beverages include sparkling wine (Bernard-Massard Cuvée de l'Ecusson), white wine, red wine, beer, cognac, whiskey, vodka, cream liquor and soft drinks.

Iberia-operated MAD and BCN flights have Iberia service with starter, hot meal and proper dessert. On these flights, a different set of beverages is served (IB selection).

Destinations with sandwich:
ARN

Destinations with hot meal only (no starter) and something sweet:
AMS BER BGO BLL BLQ BRU BUD CPH DBV DUS FRA GOT HAM KRK MUC NAP NCE OSL PRG SPU TOS TRD VCE VIE VNO WAW ZAG

Destinations with starter, hot meal and something sweet:
AGP ALC CDG DUB EDI FCO GVA KEF LHR LIN LIS MAN MXP OPO TLV

SPML - Special meals, examples and links (incomplete list)

SFML - Seafood meal, eg Salmon lasagna, Smoked salmon. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VLML - Lacto-ovo vegetarian meal. Example 2
RVML - Raw Vegetarian meal. Discontinued as of 23-09-27
VGML - Vegetarian / Vegan
FPML - Fruit platter meal
Print Wikipost

Finnair Shorthaul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:19 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by CeruleanBlue
I had it once. It was awful. Grape juice drowned in sugar. Where was the blueberry
On the carton.

I share your feelings. I tried this syrup once (and had the purser and the other FA in J try it, too). I don't think any one of us will feel the urge to try it again.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
In the new Sky Bistro catalogue champagne is Joseph Perrier! Are they giving up NF altogether?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
Do you perhaps mean this? Scrambled eggs, deep fried mozzarella cake (I was told, but somehow my deep suspision based on structure and taste is it was hash brown!!!), tomato sause and chicken sausage. Quite OK actually. If yours was the same, their quality is not consistent, which actually anyway seems to be the case. Yep, no bread plate.
Probably the same dish. I don't remember the mozzarella cake but maybe it was there.
I took the Pepsi challenge twice and both times I chose Pepsi instead of Coke. I still never buy Pepsi because Coke is better despite of the result. So I really don't think the Marli Juice is an improvement.

The strawberry is a nice addition to the fruit salad.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Kelju
Yeah right.. By choosing this path not long anymore before they arrange another blind tasting and replace NF with cheap Prosecco claiming it was "so good"
Well to me it sounds that they go double-dipping in reverse. Scandic of the skies.

Savings target: find a cheaper drink
Solution step 1: Offer a #1 lousier cheaper one for some time
Solution step 2: Offer a one step further #2 lousier product
People start get loud complaining about quality
Solution step 3: Offer again the #1 lousy drink and people are happy enough to accept it compared to #2 lousy product, giving away the original drink
Old Apr 28, 2017, 4:31 pm

Flew HEL-MAD in J today, and lo and behold, there was a dessert! One of these https://www.fazer.fi/tuotteet-ja-asi...ka-2-kpl140-g/ Fazer blueberry pies (the two-pack costs €0.99 in Alepa when they have a campaign).

The main course salmon was actually quite good, though.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:07 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by ffay005
Flew HEL-MAD in J today, and lo and behold, there was a dessert! One of these https://www.fazer.fi/tuotteet-ja-asi...ka-2-kpl140-g/ Fazer blueberry pies (the two-pack costs €0.99 in Alepa when they have a campaign).

The main course salmon was actually quite good, though.
Flew HEL-FRA on Thursda with upgrade and we also had the same dessert. I've always liked it! But they should serve it on small plate. And I agree, salmon was quite tasty. Good crew too.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Flew HEL-FRA on Thursda with upgrade and we also had the same dessert. I've always liked it! But they should serve it on small plate. And I agree, salmon was quite tasty. Good crew too.
I like those small pies, too, and have bought them every once in a while. They're a bargain. Which sort of makes them contradict with the "tasokas ateriakokonaisuus" sales pitch – I guess I'm still living in a past where €0.99, Alepa and AY J don't go together like a horse and carriage. And yes, I missed the plate, too.

The Spanish crew on the MAD flight were great. And I especially appreciated the fact that the purser had learnt a couple of words of Finnish and wasn't afraid to use them. If only the couple travelling in 1AC hadn't drunk up all the Bombay Sapphire (and most of the Beefeater, too)...
Old Apr 29, 2017, 6:35 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by ffay005
I like those small pies, too, and have bought them every once in a while. They're a bargain. Which sort of makes them contradict with the "tasokas ateriakokonaisuus" sales pitch – I guess I'm still living in a past where €0.99, Alepa and AY J don't go together like a horse and carriage. And yes, I missed the plate, too.
I think the price of the components is irrelevant, the main thing it tastes good and these blueberry pies are something very Finnish, so definately a ^ from me! Everything in "tasokas ateriakokonaisuus" doesn't have to be expensive, but of good quality and tasty and those pies meet those criterias.
Old May 2, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Got a reply from Finnair regarding my feedback about missing menus, desserts and subpar main courses. They were sorry that I did not like the offerings and told that they develope in flight service according the the feedback from customers.
I wonder who has wrote them to get rid off menus and desserts - anyone here
Old May 2, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by teme
Got a reply from Finnair regarding my feedback about missing menus, desserts and subpar main courses. They were sorry that I did not like the offerings and told that they develope in flight service according the the feedback from customers.
Probably the same people who said Finnair should start selling alcohol in Y instead of giving it away for free
Old May 2, 2017, 11:18 pm

That could be me... I told them during a survey that
- I wasn't completely disstatistied about the food (gave them 4/10)
- that hard product is more important than a soft product

I guess they came to the conclusion they could remove the dessert and menus as it is clearly not top of mind and there is still some room to downgrade...

Sorry guys
Old May 2, 2017, 11:28 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Once again flew TK shorthaul in J and got "spoiled by" their menu and J seats, compared to what I get on AY and others...if only other airlines realized the potential of that, I would book more J for shorthaul definitely.
IST being "mislocated" for effective EU travel, despite that, offering sub 600€ J flights with great menu and seating, while AY offering >600€ J tickets with 3+3 seating and miserable menu. How is that...
Old May 3, 2017, 12:04 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by casper79

Sorry guys
Hehe, good fun guys!
Old May 3, 2017, 1:31 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FFlash
Once again flew TK shorthaul in J and got "spoiled by" their menu and J seats, compared to what I get on AY and others...if only other airlines realized the potential of that, I would book more J for shorthaul definitely.
IST being "mislocated" for effective EU travel, despite that, offering sub 600€ J flights with great menu and seating, while AY offering >600€ J tickets with 3+3 seating and miserable menu. How is that...
TK's good catering is a function of them having DO/CO as their caterer. Austrian and Turkish are said to have the best catering in Europe and I fell like AY couldn't benefit from the same.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AY Plat, SK, IHG Plat, Club Carlson etc
After following the discussions here, it's finally time for me to contribute. We flew AMS-HEL in J May 1st evening and had ordered special food (AVML). As usual, the asian style vegetarian food was overall quite OK, but since all the special meals get same tray, dessert was naturally gluten free. It's hard to put this 'May 1st / vappu special' in words, so please see the picture... (Sorry for large image, but I wanted to make text readable).

We deemed the dessert inedible and purser kindly got us default one from extra trays they had on-board, so we enjoyed the infamous piece of Fazer chocolate!

I emailed my feedback to AY Plus and already got a reply and 5000p. Since Finnair is in process getting catering back to Finnair group (https://company.finnair.com/en/media...ews?id=2522769), maybe there will be a real review of the meals. At least one can hope so.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.