Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 15, 2016, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NewbieRunner
This lounge is now closed and replaced by the Finnair Premium Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/finnair-finnair-plus/1973050-ay-platinum-wing-now-open.html

Print Wikipost

Finnair Premium Lounge in non-Schengen area [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by lento
For QR 302, only Aspire.
And of course Finnair Schengen lounge.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by nordic

And of course Finnair Schengen lounge.
I was rejected in November on Schengen side as well for QR302.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Finnair changed our flight departure time from HKG so that we'll have to take a much later flight back to Sweden and have 3 hour long transfer in HEL. Instead of the regular fast transfer with 45 minutes. This will be on the end of april on the 30th. Is it worth to spend 60 euro (Finnair silver-price) for two (might get those money back from CS) and get access to Finnair's lounge or do you recommend other lounges which includes already for free in our Amex Platinum with Priority Pass? Are the lounges from PP better than Finnair's lounge?
How messy is The FInnair lounge in end of april due to the renovation? Difficult to see into the future I guess.. Me and my partner are looking to kill some time in HEL airport basically with food and beer for three hours.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
IMHO not worth 30€/pp. I'd just visit Aspire and/or Almost@Home.

Edit. Plaza Premium should also be open by then.
joakgarp likes this.

Last edited by jp_fin; Mar 22, 2019 at 9:43 am
Old Mar 22, 2019, 10:09 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Finnair changed our flight departure time from HKG so that we'll have to take a much later flight back to Sweden and have 3 hour long transfer in HEL. Instead of the regular fast transfer with 45 minutes. This will be on the end of april on the 30th. Is it worth to spend 60 euro (Finnair silver-price) for two (might get those money back from CS) and get access to Finnair's lounge or do you recommend other lounges which includes already for free in our Amex Platinum with Priority Pass? Are the lounges from PP better than Finnair's lounge?
How messy is The FInnair lounge in end of april due to the renovation? Difficult to see into the future I guess.. Me and my partner are looking to kill some time in HEL airport basically with food and beer for three hours.
I do not find it likely that AY is willing to reimburse your lounge passes.

If you already have access to PP lounges without additional cost, I would not recommend spenging extra money on the AY lounge. It's not that different from the PP lounges. Depending on the time of day, you may also have access to the FlyInn restaurant and its buffet with PP.
joakgarp likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:16 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Definitely would not pay a dime for the AY lounge if I had PP access to Almost@Home.
esledo and joakgarp like this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 4:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Appreciate your quick replies as always :-) priority Pass it is then.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 4:37 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
I'd be excited to get to try the Plaza Premium I've also got a similar flight change and I can say I'm well happy to leave HKG 45 mins later
joakgarp likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
What is this Plaza Premium again and when does it open?
I am considering a LHR run with widebodies early April now that sameday turn is possible on widebody.
remymartin likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by FFlash
What is this Plaza Premium again and when does it open?
I am considering a LHR run with widebodies early April now that sameday turn is possible on widebody.
It's the new non-Schengen PP lounge that's opening this month in somewhere in the new shopping section. https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...ki-coming-soon
Old Mar 23, 2019, 6:43 am
R2

Originally Posted by FFlash
FWIW it's been possible for the past couple of years; just now you have the option of taking a morning or an evening widebody back to HEL.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Apparently the new Platinum Wing lounge opening will be delayed from the estimated 26th of March. Until which day, no info yet. Heard this from the lounge dragon yesterday.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:54 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by DALtoAAL
Apparently the new Platinum Wing lounge opening will be delayed from the estimated 26th of March. Until which day, no info yet. Heard this from the lounge dragon yesterday.
Damn. Flying out on 27th.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Drats. I’m scheduled for a long layover on the 27th. Hopefully the delay isn’t too long.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 2:13 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Not really I put an extra long layover on my flight at the 29th to have some time in the lounge - this sucks big way.

They still promoting the 26th of March as the opening date. So I wonder who knows better, - the dragon or the marketing dept..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.