Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Schengen lounge at HEL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2022, 3:36 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
With business travel and Asian market very unlikely to bounce back anytime soon I would be very surprised if AY puts much effort in their lounge offerings. They are crowded now due to all status matches/promos/covid extensions but that’s only temporary.

Of course if there’s cheaper solution available maybe they do something but having dedicated premium schengen lounge..dream on..😁
intuition likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Of course I understand that it isn’t realistic currently.

But I do think there’s a possibility for some improvement – realistically AY has agreed with Finavia on new lounge space much prior to covid, when planning the new terminal space.
NoWindowSeat and intuition like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 4:28 am

It’s also interesting to see how crowded the lounges actually are, especially the Schengen Zoo, after the European holiday season is closing.
Helsinki Flyer and jimmathin like this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 5:23 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It will also be interesting how much Schengen traffic there will be at all, with the new strategy.

​​'Via HEL' is likely a thing of the past. Westwards traffic has never drawn a large​​​​​ connecting crowd and with eastward flights drying up, Schengen flights will be more or less a Finnish affair.

Maybe Finnair moves the lounge to old SK lounge, and ends up flying a dozen flights to Europe a day, from lower numbered T1 gates?
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 5:32 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by intuition
Maybe Finnair moves the lounge to old SK lounge, and ends up flying a dozen flights to Europe a day, from lower numbered T1 gates?
Maybe Bdsm was indeed correct? AY will become ATR domestic only
strx likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by nordic
The other day I heard a rumour saying the Schengen lounge will move. No location or date was given. My wild guess is the former airport conference centre and upstairs security. I’m not sure how large the space is. The current location is not any longer very central so it makes sense to move.
Interesting, that location something I have been hoping for. 👍 Seems to be around 1500 m2 in the former airport conference center and upstairs security.
And a "bridge" over to the old lounge would be nice if that would be utilized in the future also, like this:
Old Sep 5, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
What would be more central then?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 12:55 am

Programs: AY+
Nothing new, but the lounge was an absolute zoo this morning at 6am. Might be better to visit Alepa and go straight to boarding..
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The previous desks have been replaced with proper phone booths.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 1:57 am

Originally Posted by Olperoo
Nothing new, but the lounge was an absolute zoo this morning at 6am. Might be better to visit Alepa and go straight to boarding..
I know this is going to be very unpopular comment but I wouldn’t mind at all if AY axed access to the Schengen lounge for Golds/Sapphires in Y, during morning/afternoon rush hours, based on over crowding, and offered a voucher instead. It’s a joke as it is and no one enjoys the lounge experience now.

Or, vv. offered J pax / Emeralds the choice to choose a voucher and enjoy some less sustainable options at the public cafes..
Olperoo likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
I know this is going to be very unpopular comment but I wouldn’t mind at all if AY axed access to the Schengen lounge for Golds/Sapphires in Y, during morning/afternoon rush hours, based on over crowding, and offered a voucher instead. It’s a joke as it is and no one enjoys the lounge experience now.

Or, vv. offered J pax / Emeralds the choice to choose a voucher and enjoy some less sustainable options at the public cafes..
I think a pre-departure email with the possibility of choosing a self-printed voucher of, say, €15, would do the trick. Send that to everyone who is entitled to lounge access and I am sure many would choose it.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:05 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005
I think a pre-departure email with the possibility of choosing a self-printed voucher of, say, €15, would do the trick. Send that to everyone who is entitled to lounge access and I am sure many would choose it.
Just a QR code through the app would do. More sustainable too. No need to print anything. 😎
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by lkrt
The previous desks have been replaced with proper phone booths.
Ok so it's time for a challenge DO:
1. How many lumos can fit in one box?
2. How to turn the box into a sauna?
2b. How long until we get lifetime ban?
Old Sep 10, 2022, 3:49 am

Programs: Onko teillä S-etukorttia?
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Just a QR code through the app would do. More sustainable too. No need to print anything. 😎
With current state of AY it, likely result would be qr code worth 0€.
Old Sep 10, 2022, 5:04 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jorma
With current state of AY it, likely result would be qr code worth 0€.
or pay to use qr code 🤣🤣🤣
intuition and Steve_Hun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.