Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AY Schengen lounge at HEL

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 12:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat basic

I know the vege food at the lounge has had lots of criticism but I really liked this vegetarian halloumi food. Imo these are well cooked foods, instead of for example Plaza Premium landside einesfood. But I also understand totally if someone wont touch this stuff
SPBanker and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 11:56 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by kanamurva
I know the vege food at the lounge has had lots of criticism but I really liked this vegetarian halloumi food. Imo these are well cooked foods, instead of for example Plaza Premium landside einesfood. But I also understand totally if someone wont touch this stuff

I honestly dont get where people are getting the PP einesfood vibe, I guess to each their own but aside from being reheared portions they have been rather high quality for HEL based lounges atleast IMO 😃🤷‍♂️

And meat based options

Obviously not F lounge material but not "eines" either IMO
vulle likes this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 25, 2022 at 3:45 am Reason: Unnecessary quote of image
Old Jul 9, 2022, 2:54 am
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by kanamurva
The food yesterday was decent, plus there was no queue and there was lonkero on tap

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jul 25, 2022 at 3:45 am Reason: Unnecessary quote of image
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by a_k
The food yesterday was decent, plus there was no queue and there was lonkero on tap
the lonkero on tap is the saving grace for ay schengen lounge IMO
Ed Size, jimmathin and finnishlad like this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:52 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
In addition to the usual sustainable flair (the lemon pasta and vege ”ragu”), there were some vegetarian kofta-like patties (which at least I hadn’t seen before) on offer earlier today. Texture rather mushy, but somewhat edible with the ”raita” sauce.

Picked a piece of bread from the basket so stale that I’m pretty sure that wasn’t even pre-heated today.

I personally don’t mind the vege food, but man, that lemon pasta is a disgrace 😂 luckily the IPA on tap had adequate nutritional contents.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
For those of you who have received the 17 EUR voucher when the lounge is full: how do you proceed? Do you get the voucher from the lounge dragon or from somewhere else? Ideally, I would have the Priority check-in desk print it, but... Do you just walk past the whole lounge queue (which might make people angry) and ask for it at lounge reception?

I have avoided peak hours at HEL, but next week I need to take an 8 am flight...
Old Jul 24, 2022, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by ffay005
For those of you who have received the 17 EUR voucher when the lounge is full: how do you proceed? Do you get the voucher from the lounge dragon or from somewhere else? Ideally, I would have the Priority check-in desk print it, but... Do you just walk past the whole lounge queue (which might make people angry) and ask for it at lounge reception?

I have avoided peak hours at HEL, but next week I need to take an 8 am flight...
I would appreciate a real answer from anyone with experience (rather than the trolling offered).
Helsinki Flyer likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:39 am

This morning at 6:55 there was no queue at all.

The dragon said that when the queue is very long, they hand out vouchers in the lounge, not at check-in. And if all you want is the voucher you can feel free to bypass the queue to pick it up.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Alepa is still one of the choices
Helsinki Flyer likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2022, 7:47 am

I’m flying to Helsinki connection to Italy in business class with Finnair. I could use the domestic Finnair lounge, but should I go to partner lounges instead for better experience? Thanks. Or Finnair lounge is the best?
Old Jul 31, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by flybie
I’m flying to Helsinki connection to Italy in business class with Finnair. I could use the domestic Finnair lounge, but should I go to partner lounges instead for better experience? Thanks. Or Finnair lounge is the best?
If you are flying with Finnair, the Finnair lounge is your only option, unless you have "paid" membership access to e.g. Aspire, which is (IMHO) not better than the Finnair lounge.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 12:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
If you are flying with Finnair, the Finnair lounge is your only option, unless you have "paid" membership access to e.g. Aspire, which is (IMHO) not better than the Finnair lounge.
Aspire has Gin&Tonic and salami+potato salad.
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 1:27 am
Original Poster

From today on the Schengen site should have normal opening hours i.e. until 23:30.
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: AY Platinum (Lifetime Gold), HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by nordic
From today on the Schengen site should have normal opening hours i.e. until 23:30.
Confirmed by lounge dragon!
Old Aug 1, 2022, 10:30 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Remember to eat before AY lounge

ffay005 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.