Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:39 am

I just logged into my Accor account and all certs (including bonus) are now showing. I didn't end up calling or emailing, they just arrived. Best of luck to everyone.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: *G
My initial optimism following a seemingly positive contact with the NB call centre is rapidly fading. Aside from my Platinum status showing, nothing regarding the crucial second stay and posting of bonus benefits has appeared.

I, too, have had previous horrendous experiences dealing with Accor, so I share the prevailing pessimism.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
​​​​​​... I already miss the FPC New Brunswick email team that solved problems with one email.
​​​​​
The good news is the Moncton office is still there. If you call the Accor North American support number, it goes to that group, and I'm told it will continue to do so. That doesn't mean the service levels won't degrade as Accor takes over and dis-empowers their staff, and forces them to read the scripts from the Accor playbook, but for now at least, they are still there.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:36 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Have you dealt with Le Club Accor previous to this account migration mess?
As many FTers already know, waiting for Le Club Accor to fix things rarely works.
The big difference here is that it appears the former FPC team still exists and is helping with the integration.

Originally Posted by CanadaDH
The good news is the Moncton office is still there. If you call the Accor North American support number, it goes to that group, and I'm told it will continue to do so. That doesn't mean the service levels won't degrade as Accor takes over and dis-empowers their staff, and forces them to read the scripts from the Accor playbook, but for now at least, they are still there.
I still say give them a couple weeks chance to try and sort it out. It sounds like some are clearing up.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:59 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
I guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones with the success of my Accor account merger, it took an extra day, but didn't affect any of my plans.

I don't see anything new with the typical bumps being experienced with these consolidations of very different IT systems. You don't have to go too far back in history to see similar "debacles" with the mergers of what became American, Delta, and United. I doubt the Marriott/SPG will be any different. Given time, I'm sure they'll work through the issues and get things fixed. I can stomp my feet and call this a disaster, but I have bigger things in life to worry about. Time for some coffee...

OK, maybe Accor might need some *extra* time to sort things out.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: M&S, Radisson
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
​​​​​​Don't worry everything will be great with Accor, everyone here is telling us how much better off we are going to be! /S
​​​​​
Everyone is telling you how much better off you're going to be? To me, it seems what most FPC active members are doing is just joining into the whining

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jul 4, 2018 at 7:15 pm Reason: offensive / not helpful
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:24 pm

I called FPC to inquire about the missing bonus certs. They can see my previous stays and unused certs but not the bonus ones. They said it may take up to 7 days to be posted.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:44 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by 1flyer
Everyone is telling you how much better off you're going to be? To me, it seems what most FPC active members are doing is just joining into the whining
Given the current circumstances I think that is justified. Also I don’t think you u derstand the gravity of the situation since it doesn’t concern you.

Last edited by Jasper2009; Jul 4, 2018 at 7:16 pm
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:22 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, FPC Platinum, Marriott/Ritz-Carlton Platinum Elite, Accor Platinum, AC SE, MPC SL
Fairmont Certificates Missing?

How does one look at their certificates on the website after Jul 2? I was told that we would receive a second set too (I qualify).

Thank you, FTers!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
They are on your Accor profile.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:15 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Everyone is telling you how much better off you're going to be? To me, it seems what most FPC active members are doing is just joining into the whining and crying like little girls.
I'm not crying but thanks for the mysoginistic insult.

Would you have any useful information as to where I can find a)the set of certificates I had remaining from 2018 for an upcoming stay where I don't have all day to spend on the phone? And b) when will my set of bonus certs post.

I just want what I am owed. They had years to prepare for this and if stuff like this does not make you upset, congrats you are a superior human being. For me (I have been Accor Plat pretty much since LCH started) it is just more of the same.

Once again, I stated above no one at Accor cares if I stay or go so I will vote with my $$$. I am sorry if this concept insulted you and beg for your forgiveness at complaining about Accor in the Accor forum. And I thought AC apologists were bad.
gcashin likes this.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Jul 4, 2018 at 4:21 pm
Old Jul 4, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: AC SE
Everyone is telling you how much better off you're going to be? To me, it seems what most FPC active members are doing is just joining into the whining and crying like little girls.
Fairmont members were concerned about the transition. People are justifiably annoyed at being promised X and receiving Y. Members were told status would be updated for July 2, and certificates would be posted, and all the details were worked out. This is not the case - plenty of people with status not updated, no certificates, missing reservations. Communication from Accor has been non-existent, and there's been no info on when the issues will be resolved, and wait times are extremely long.

Based on the first few days, the concerns have been entirely justified.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:05 pm
Accor Contributor BadgeFairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
On the LCAH website after logging in, I found mine under "Your Rewards," a section called "My Vouchers, exclusive to Fairmont and Swissôtel."
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:24 pm

Programs: Accor Platium, IHG Gold, Marco Polo Green
Poor

Originally Posted by hkneo2046
I am a FPC Premier and Accor Gold member, but somehow the conversion did not work properly and rather than Accor Platinum, it still say Gold and lost all my certs.
I called Accor yesterday, they assured me that it will work in the afternoon. Surprise surprise nothing happened.
Called again today, they say system issue and I will receive email in the afternoon. Surprise surprise nothing happened.
Fingers crossed, it will work properly by end of today and I don't have to call Accor again........ tomororw to fix a basic thing... so much for automation...and digital age.
Just to give an update. as of now, the issue is still not resolved, no emails from Accor as promised and not to mention their English support landline, calling from Hong Kong is a total nightmare... with poor connections...

Really disappointed about this, as I am planning a trip for next week...
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: Accor Platium, IHG Gold, Marco Polo Green

Originally Posted by gcashin
Fairmont members were concerned about the transition. People are justifiably annoyed at being promised X and receiving Y. Members were told status would be updated for July 2, and certificates would be posted, and all the details were worked out. This is not the case - plenty of people with status not updated, no certificates, missing reservations. Communication from Accor has been non-existent, and there's been no info on when the issues will be resolved, and wait times are extremely long.

Based on the first few days, the concerns have been entirely justified.
Totally agreed. Exactly what I am experiencing now. Well the good news is that this kind of problem brought me to this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.