Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Are you sure that is true? I was told the exact opposite by a lead agent in NB last week.

We need to post correct information to keep the Accor mess from making us even more frustrated.
Yep. It's true. I tried to transfer certs, and was told it wasn't possible. Shortly after the conversion, I also called NB, and an agent went to make enquiries with managers and called me back the next day to say that transferring was not possible with Accor. If that's changed, then that would be great. They were able to draw certificates from two different accounts on a single reservation (provided we're both staying at the hotel), which allows my wife and I to efficiently use our certs. But, the previous ability for Plats to transfer a cert to other immediate family members was not something they were able to do.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
Yep. It's true. I tried to transfer certs, and was told it wasn't possible. Shortly after the conversion, I also called NB, and an agent went to make enquiries with managers and called me back the next day to say that transferring was not possible with Accor. If that's changed, then that would be great. They were able to draw certificates from two different accounts on a single reservation (provided we're both staying at the hotel), which allows my wife and I to efficiently use our certs. But, the previous ability for Plats to transfer a cert to other immediate family members was not something they were able to do.
Very interesting.

I was told that transferring between Platinums would still be available as before, however, transferring from Platinum to a lower status would mean that once transferred, they could not be transferred back.

This was from a phone call last Wednesday afternoon with NB.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Very interesting.

I was told that transferring between Platinums would still be available as before, however, transferring from Platinum to a lower status would mean that once transferred, they could not be transferred back.

This was from a phone call last Wednesday afternoon with NB.
If true, that would be great. What you describe is how it was under FPC. Platinums could transfer to immediate family; Premiers had no transfer ability. The big question is... was your information from a rep simply describing it based on their knowledge of what it was under FPC, or is it actual new news about Accor's intentions. If it's just an assumption on the reps' part based on how it used to work, then I fear we're screwed on transferring ability.

I never used any of my room upgrade certs, so I typically transferred them to my mom and brother for them to use. This year, I'll also have some surplus suite upgrades, due to their July 2 "parting gifts". I don't want to see them go to waste, but I'm not going to book extra trips just to use them up.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by nock
https://skift.com/2018/07/10/accor-f...yalty-program/

"Accor is walking on thin ice with its most lucrative customers as it merges together the loyalty programs of Accor, Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel. So far, the integration has been nearly flawless."

Um. Wut?
LOL. Only it's not funny.
gcashin and Eagle_traveler like this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:51 pm

Has anyone actually transferred any certs since July 1?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nock
https://skift.com/2018/07/10/accor-f...yalty-program/

"Accor is walking on thin ice with its most lucrative customers as it merges together the loyalty programs of Accor, Fairmont, Raffles, and Swissôtel. So far, the integration has been nearly flawless."
Not sure whether that statement is funny or sad...

So let's see:

1) virtually all former FPC members despise the elimination of the FPC program and "integration" into Le Club Accor program and management has failed to address any of the concerns raised y members including the elimination of benefits, deteriorating customer service etc.

2) the merger/transition of accounts only seems to have worked flawlessly for a (small) minority of members

3) let's generously assume that it was unreasonable to expect a company the size of Accor to adequately prepare for the IT migration, I still would've expected Accor to proactively deal with this mess (even something as simple as "We are experiencing issues with some members' profiles. We expect to have this fixed by ... and apologize for the inconvenience.") instead of every member having to waste their time to contact CS and try to get this resolved

If Accor management really thinks that the above qualifies as "nearly flawless", they are rather dilusional (to put it nicely).
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Still have yet to receive any email about my account migrated/ FPC platinum status moving over. I emailed about it 7 days ago-- still no response. I asked the Fairmont Twitter account about it 2 days ago, and they asked me for all my details. Yesterday they responded: "A loyalty representative will follow up with you directly."
I've actually been planning out upcoming travel where Accor properties are options, but I'm certainly not going to book now if they tell me in a week I had the wrong account info.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Not sure whether that statement is funny or sad...

So let's see:

1) virtually all former FPC members despise the elimination of the FPC program and "integration" into Le Club Accor program and management has failed to address any of the concerns raised y members including the elimination of benefits, deteriorating customer service etc.

2) the merger/transition of accounts only seems to have worked flawlessly for a (small) minority of members

3) let's generously assume that it was unreasonable to expect a company the size of Accor to adequately prepare for the IT migration, I still would've expected Accor to proactively deal with this mess (even something as simple as "We are experiencing issues with some members' profiles. We expect to have this fixed by ... and apologize for the inconvenience.") instead of every member having to waste their time to contact CS and try to get this resolved

If Accor management really thinks that the above qualifies as "nearly flawless", they are rather dilusional (to put it nicely).
I'd add that Accor's claim that I will "enjoy the same perks" that I had previously is either similarly delusional or a deliberate misrepresentation. In either case, flawless (ok, or "NEARLY" flawless) integrations (apart, perhaps, from those involving mental treatment facilities) don't resort to such gross distortions of reality.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
The FPC "integration" (I would instead say massacre) into Accor will be known as one of the biggest failure in the Loyalty program merging history. FPC member went from one of the best program to literally the worst one in its category. Even IHG kept the Inner Circle status when they killed Kimpton Karma.
The irony is, at exactly the same moment, Marriott successfully merged SPG and MR the best way they could.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Still have yet to receive any email about my account migrated/ FPC platinum status moving over. I emailed about it 7 days ago-- still no response. I asked the Fairmont Twitter account about it 2 days ago, and they asked me for all my details. Yesterday they responded: "A loyalty representative will follow up with you directly."
I've actually been planning out upcoming travel where Accor properties are options, but I'm certainly not going to book now if they tell me in a week I had the wrong account info.
I have outstanding account issues from pre/post migration that have not been addressed for 10 days now and counting.

I did get a reply to a single issue and it was not adjusted properly, and my follow-up to them has not even been acknowedged.

Well this has been the norm for Le Club Accor, it was never this bad with FPC.

For those of us who have had a chance to experience the Le Club Accor Platinum benefits, or lack thereof, my own experience today at the former Sofitel Florianopolis, Brazil (now a Novotel) does not bode well.

I arrived at the hotel around 1130 am and was told check-in starts at 2 pm, not earlier.

Umm...OK, so there are no rooms available? The list of supposed benefits state early check-in available on request:

https://www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclu...benefits.shtml
Brendan likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 9:24 am

Today's datapoint:

The hold queue I am currently in mentions that missing nights pre-July migration are a 'known issue' and...stays post-July 2 are delayed in posting as well.

Even better, if you leave a voicemail message, they commit to a response within 48 hours. Hold times are upwards of 30 mins.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 2:10 pm

So after 47 mins on hold with repeated messages outlining the known IT issues with stays, the system hangs up on me.

I just received this email:

Dear Mr. PW,

Greetings from Canada!
I hope that all is well and that you are enjoying your time in Brazil. We had spoken prior to the Fairmont President’s Club integration into Le Club AccorHotels. It has been brought to my attention that there has been and continues to be challenges related to your Le Club AccorHotels membership account. Please accept our apologies for the frustration and inconveniences that you have experienced. We are doing our best to assist in rectifying these issues for you.As it relates to the eligible stays at Fairmont Hotels from January 1 – July 1, 2018 not appearing on your account. We are aware of this issue and are working on crediting stays to members’ accounts that occurred late in June 2018. Since you already have confirmed Platinum status with Le Club AccorHotels until December 2019, these nights should have little impact on your account.Please provide me with the details of your upcoming stays at Fairmont Hotels so that I can look into the reason why they are not appearing since I was unable to locate any upcoming stays using your former Fairmont President’s Club membership number or Le Club AccorHotels’ membership number. Concerning the previous Q1 Le Club Accor promotion, I would like the opportunity to investigate this query and would appreciate any additional information that you could shareMr. PW, we truly appreciate your loyalty and thank you so much for your understanding and patience during this time.

Kindest regards,

XXXXXXXXXX

I will sit on this email overnight and think of my response.

The challenge for them is that stays ending on or before July 1st would post to the old FPC profile and earn Aeroplan miles (and bonuses) as before and then migrate to the Le Club Accounts as a qualifying stay. Stays on or after July 2 would earn Le Club Accor points and tier bonus.

I gather than from the email that both of these are a mess currently.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 4:49 pm

My upcoming fairmont bookings are not appearing on my migrated account. Is this a known issue?
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:34 pm

Curious, are all of us who are now experiencing problems the same ones who had to fight to get our Platinum status corrected at the start of this year?

I finally was able to attach a screen shot of my 2018 bookings to claim the bonus vouchers (app wouldn't allow that function), will give it to next week before calling in.
Old Jul 12, 2018, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Curious, are all of us who are now experiencing problems the same ones who had to fight to get our Platinum status corrected at the start of this year?
Nope. The status match from FPC Platinum to Accor Platinum worked fine for me, but Accor still didn't manage to post the correct certs into my account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.