Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:30 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Folks, in order to help prevent a massive backlog of calls to FPC, I suggest giving them a couple weeks to let them get all the data sorted out. I assume there are reconciliation processes to check for any gaps / misses they will need to sort out with further updates. If you don't have a reservation affecting issue for the next week or two I would just hold off and see if it works itself out.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Folks, in order to help prevent a massive backlog of calls to FPC, I suggest giving them a couple weeks to let them get all the data sorted out. I assume there are reconciliation processes to check for any gaps / misses they will need to sort out with further updates. If you don't have a reservation affecting issue for the next week or two I would just hold off and see if it works itself out.
This is what I'm doing for now. Sucks if you have a stay during the transition though.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by dmodemd
...I would just hold off and see if it works itself out.
Have you dealt with Le Club Accor previous to this account migration mess?

As many FTers already know, waiting for Le Club Accor to fix things rarely works.
Admiral Ackbar and gcashin like this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Have you dealt with Le Club Accor previous to this account migration mess?

As many FTers already know, waiting for Le Club Accor to fix things rarely works.
Agreed - they already said they had all the details worked out, so I'm not holding my breath waiting for them to fix problems that they don't know exist when their communication has said that they've got everything worked out.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:36 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
What heading would my certiifcates be (I cannot find my leftover 18 ones anywhere, not even thinking about the bonus ones yet...) in that new clusterf*ck of a website?
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:10 pm

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
I just got an email about 45 minutes ago from Accor hotels welcoming my to Le Club, so I created my password, logged in, and whatdoyouknow, I see all my past fairmont stays this year, along with ALL my certificates, including the extra ones I got as a result of the 2 stays before July 1. Couldn't figure out how to enter my home and business address, I guess I'll worry about that later... Looks like I'm good to go as an Accor Platinum member through the end of 2019.

Pity the fairmont certificates/vouchers only last until the end of February next year, they made provision for them with this transition, how hard would it to continue what I consider to be the best benefit of any hotel loyalty program out there?? Shakes head....
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
how hard would it to continue what I consider to be the best benefit of any hotel loyalty program out there?
No harder than not giving out any vouchers at all.

Fighting change is a sure way to live life with disappointment.

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
What heading would my certiifcates be
After logging in, under the My online account and membership section. After that, click on My loyalty area and membership and they will appear under the MY VOUCHERS, exclusive to Fairmont and Swissôtel section.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:39 pm

Thank you for the information I have no such section under my profile. At least it says I am platinum so will hope things sort themselves out.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Thank you for the information I have no such section under my profile. At least it says I am platinum so will hope things sort themselves out.
Me neither. Waiting for this to shake out. Keep us posted if/when they show up.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:41 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Nick Art
So my call finally came through after 25 minutes of holding.

The agent, without actually checking my account, just told me that I'd receive an email this afternoon with a link with which I'll be able to activate my account. Great.
And for that I was on hold for 25 minutes. Worth it?
Who would have guessed? I did not receive an email last afternoon.
I’m not really surprised.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: Accor Platium, IHG Gold, Marco Polo Green
I am a FPC Premier and Accor Gold member, but somehow the conversion did not work properly and rather than Accor Platinum, it still say Gold and lost all my certs.
I called Accor yesterday, they assured me that it will work in the afternoon. Surprise surprise nothing happened.
Called again today, they say system issue and I will receive email in the afternoon. Surprise surprise nothing happened.
Fingers crossed, it will work properly by end of today and I don't have to call Accor again........ tomororw to fix a basic thing... so much for automation...and digital age.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Logged into my Accor account, which now shows me as Platinum, but when I clicked on it, I got nothing for 5 minutes other than a “please be patient” screen.
I had unhappy experiences with ClubAccor as a Platinum about 4-5 years ago, and this is consistent.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
So let's see:

- Accor decided to "integrate" FPC into Le Club Accor and had several years to prepare for the "integration"
- of course we all know that "integration" means the elimination of FPC and its benefits; so we're essentially talking about migrating a certain percentage of FPC members into Le Club Accor
- at least based on the feedback provided here on FT, Accor didn't even have the competency to handle the IT "integration" which has failed miserably, so most members now have the pleasure of dealing with Accor's notoriously mediocre customer service to get their status corrected, to have their cerificates posted, to deal with their missing reservations etc.

Welcome to the fabulous world of Le Club Accor!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Definitely do not leave it, give them a call. My account hasn't even been migrated... Lets see if they can find the Fairmont one and merge it!
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
So let's see:

- Accor decided to "integrate" FPC into Le Club Accor and had several years to prepare for the "integration"
- of course we all know that "integration" means the elimination of FPC and its benefits; so we're essentially talking about migrating a certain percentage of FPC members into Le Club Accor
- at least based on the feedback provided here on FT, Accor didn't even have the competency to handle the IT "integration" which has failed miserably, so most members now have the pleasure of dealing with Accor's notoriously mediocre customer service to get their status corrected, to have their cerificates posted, to deal with their missing reservations etc.

Welcome to the fabulous world of Le Club Accor!

​​​​​​Don't worry everything will be great with Accor, everyone here is telling us how much better off we are going to be! /S

They still don't seem to understand that Canada was one of the few places where it was easy to get Fairmont Plat and Accor Plat. I have been comparing these for years but apparently I do not know what I am talking about.

This is going about as well as expected. I am not wasting my time with their horrendous CS to chase what is mine, I already miss the FPC New Brunswick email team that solved problems with one email.

Screw Accor, so many other chains to chose from than deal with this farce. Yes I know they could not care less if they tried. They had one shot at establishing credibility and goodwill with YEARS to prepare.

Epic Fail.

​​​​​
gcashin and gcashin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.