Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Final week for FPC .... Will have a trip to Dubai scheduled in August. Might try Fairmont the Palm as Accor gold member.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Sad to see the program end, anyone get their status matched at other hotel programs?

It might be a good idea to take some screenshots of all your certs, just in case they don't post into the new Accor site.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:49 pm

Will we still be able to redeem our certificates after the merge next week?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Will we still be able to redeem our certificates after the merge next week?
Yes, the current certs expire on Feb. 28, 2019.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 11:03 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Arthurrs
It might be a good idea to take some screenshots of all your certs, just in case they don't post into the new Accor site.
Confidence in Accor's abilities is running in short supply around here. I took screenshots as well and I am curious to see how many FTers will need to fight for their certs, including those we are supposed to get July 2nd if we had two stays in the first half of 2018.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:42 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
Considering the transition happens in a week's time, I have yet to hear about my account in the new program. I did get an email 4 days ago saying that I don't need to do a thing. Hmmm....
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Accor and FPC merge supposedly quite simple. Its not complicated like starriott merger.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:58 am
R2

I also got a message a few days ago telling me everything's been taken care of, see below (I'm already Accor member). One would hope they didn't send out these messages unless they had things prepared for July 2nd.

On July 2, 2018 your Fairmont President’s Club membership will merge with your membership in Le Club AccorHotels. We look forward to joining the forces of our programs to give you more destinations and the power to earn more free nights faster than ever before. We’ve taken care of all the details; you don’t need to do a thing.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:20 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Shame... I'll probably use two of the certs today for a booking in the Palm Dubai.
Too bad to see the program end. I'll probably open a bottle of wine next sunday to mourn the loss.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Going out with a bang. My wife and I will each have two free night certificates after July 2. We used all four (booked 2 free and 2 paid nights which we will convert to free after July 2), and a suite upgrade certificate, to get a 4 night stay in a Lake Suite at Fairmont Montreaux Palace. This would cost about $4500 USD to pay for. Going to miss Fairmont.
nomadic.relief likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:39 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Going out with a bang. My wife and I will each have two free night certificates after July 2. We used all four (booked 2 free and 2 paid nights which we will convert to free after July 2), and a suite upgrade certificate, to get a 4 night stay in a Lake Suite at Fairmont Montreaux Palace. This would cost about $4500 USD to pay for. Going to miss Fairmont.
But do you realize how good the program is going to be ? Sure you will have to pay $4500 USD for what is free now, but you will get a fantastic cash back of 8.8% so 320 EUR* afterward !! And I am not even talking about the free welcome drink !

* not usable on sales
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
But do you realize how good the program is going to be ? Sure you will have to pay $4500 USD for what is free now, but you will get a fantastic cash back of 8.8% so 320 EUR* afterward !! And I am not even talking about the free welcome drink !

* not usable on sales
Sorry for my bad reading comprehension but is it a joke?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
In order to lock in AACOR PLATINUM as a current platinum. Is there anything else to do NOW?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by khlay
Sorry for my bad reading comprehension but is it a joke?
Yes. Sorry if it was not clear
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:33 pm

Just booked a staycation on 6/30 at SJ to celebrate the end of the era.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.