Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 5:32 am

I qualified for Platinum, but cant see where to select the Passion benfits...
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by dts9
I qualified for Platinum, but cant see where to select the Passion benfits...
As long as you qualified for Platinum last year, and not an early qualification during the current benefit year, you should be able to log into your profile and select "My Benefits" link, and there would be a list of options to choose.

The second set of certificates in July, is probably just the standard set of 4x$25 dining, suite upgrades, room upgrades and a free night. I highly doubt there would be an option to select 2 additional bonus benefits in July.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
As long as you qualified for Platinum last year, and not an early qualification during the current benefit year, you should be able to log into your profile and select "My Benefits" link, and there would be a list of options to choose.

The second set of certificates in July, is probably just the standard set of 4x$25 dining, suite upgrades, room upgrades and a free night. I highly doubt there would be an option to select 2 additional bonus benefits in July.
My friend qualified for Platinum status for the first time in Oct 2017 and was able to choose his benefits for 2018.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
My friend qualified for Platinum status for the first time in Oct 2017 and was able to choose his benefits for 2018.
Exactly. If you qualify in 2017, you can select benefits in 2018. But when your friend qualified in 2017 and received early recognition, he didn't also get to select additional benefits in 2017. dts9 said he qualified, but didn't say when. If he met the qualification criteria just recently instead of last year, you wouldn't get the additional benefits.

Edited to add...
I found the terms and conditions: http://www.fairmont.com/my-fpc/benefits/terms-conditions/
  • Members of Fairmont President’s Club who earned Platinum status during the 2017 member year will be given an opportunity to select two additional Passion Benefits on top of the core program benefits that they enjoy today. Passion Benefits (hereafter Passion Benefits are “Benefit Selections”) are subject to the following terms, conditions and restrictions.
  • Platinum Members (“Members”, hereafter) will be given access through their online profile on fairmont.com/fpc starting March 1, 2018 in order to make their Benefit Selections.
  • Only Members who earned Platinum status during the 2017 member year will be eligible to make Benefit Selections.
  • Members may choose a maximum of two Benefit Selections.
  • Members may not choose two of the same Benefit Selection.
  • Both Benefit Selections must be completed before April 30, 2018. As of May 1, 2018 members will no longer be able to choose Benefit Selections.
  • Members do not need to confirm both Benefit Selections at the same time, however all Benefit Selections must be confirmed before April 30, 2018.
  • Once Benefit Selections have been confirmed, they cannot be changed for any reason.
  • Benefit Selections are subject to availability.
  • Benefit Selections are subject to change without notice.
  • The Benefit Selection terms and conditions noted within this document are in addition to the regular Fairmont President’s Club program terms and conditions already in effect. For more information on Fairmont President Club program terms and conditions, please click here.
  • Benefit Selections may have specific terms & conditions related to the items provided. These terms and conditions are in addition to the Benefit Selection terms and conditions noted above. Benefit Selection terms and conditions apply to all Benefit Selections unless otherwise stated.
  • Active/ Retired employees of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and FRHI Hotels & Resorts are not eligible for Benefit Selections.
  • Fairmont Certificates issued as part of a Benefit Selection will be added to the Member's online profile at fairmont.com/fpc with the exception of the Fairmont Electronic Gift Card which will be sent by email.
  • No paper certificates will be issued. Click here to sign in.
So as long as you earned platinum before Dec 31 and didn't just qualify in 2018, you be able to select your benefits.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Mar 22, 2018 at 5:39 pm
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:52 pm

With the second set of certificates we'll receive in July, does anyone have any insight on whether we'll be able to use both free night certs during the same stay? I have a Banff stay this summer for which I am already confirmed to be using one free night, but since the the rates there are considerably higher than any other stays I have planned I'd prefer to use the second cert here as well. I asked when making the booking (called the Plat #) but the agent wasn't sure and suggested contacting the hotel directly once the certificate posts to my profile.

I also haven't seen anything on whether the 2 for 1 golf benefit will continue under Accor...anyone know?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by laner
With the second set of certificates we'll receive in July, does anyone have any insight on whether we'll be able to use both free night certs during the same stay? I have a Banff stay this summer for which I am already confirmed to be using one free night, but since the the rates there are considerably higher than any other stays I have planned I'd prefer to use the second cert here as well. I asked when making the booking (called the Plat #) but the agent wasn't sure and suggested contacting the hotel directly once the certificate posts to my profile.

I also haven't seen anything on whether the 2 for 1 golf benefit will continue under Accor...anyone know?
There is no problem using 2 free night certs on a booking. I already have an existing booking at Banff for this summer, and have 2 free nights and a Suite Upgrade on it already. I don't know why the agent on the plat line didn't know this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:19 pm

There is no problem using 2 free night certs on a booking. I already have an existing booking at Banff for this summer, and have 2 free nights and a Suite Upgrade on it already. I don't know why the agent on the plat line didn't know this.
No sure what do you mean by same stay? 6 nights or 2 rooms 3 night each? I have asked for the 2 rooms case and agent said no.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by khlay
No sure what do you mean by same stay? 6 nights or 2 rooms 3 night each? I have asked for the 2 rooms case and agent said no.
I mean I have a 5-night reservation, with a suite upgrade applied to all nights, and 2 free night certs, meaning I get 5 nights in a 1 bedroom suite for the price of 3 nights in a Fairmont Room.

You didn't mention 2 rooms before. Technically, you can't apply certificates against 2 separate rooms at the same time, because technically, you need to stay in the room with the certs applied. The agent might not apply the certs in that case, because they know you can't be in 2 rooms at the same time. However, if the hotel agrees to do it, then you're fine. But assuming your stay is for longer than a single night, central reservations should be able to apply both free night certs to 1 of your 2 rooms.

Now I'm assuming you're talking about Platinum certificates. Your profile doesn't say what your status is. If you're Premier status and not Platinum, and you mean 3rd night free certificates, that's a different situation. You would need to pay for 2 nights for every certificate you apply. So, as long as your stay is for at least 6 nights, you should be fine.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 3:53 pm

My bad. I'm Premier and was thinking about 3rd night free cert instead. I'm planing a trip to Vancouver this summer. I like Pacific Rim very much. But Four Season with Amex FHR 3rd night fre promotion will win over Pacific Rim if I cannot use two 3rd night free on two rooms.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
Originally Posted by khlay
My bad. I'm Premier and was thinking about 3rd night free cert instead. I'm planing a trip to Vancouver this summer. I like Pacific Rim very much. But Four Season with Amex FHR 3rd night fre promotion will win over Pacific Rim if I cannot use two 3rd night free on two rooms.
Contact the hotel directly, they are very flexible and they are fast at replying to their emails
Old Mar 23, 2018, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by laner
I don't see a reason why this wouldn't work.

Current certs are valid from March 1, 2018 and Feb. 28, 2019 and the additional set of certs will be valid from July 1, 2018 - Feb. 28, 2019.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan, FPC Platinum, SPG/Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold Elite, BW Diamond Select
Maybe it's one of the new crop of Accor employees with the expected reduced lack of customer service skills that we're all expecting.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:21 am

Thanks Jasper and CanadaDH, good to know it should work. I will try the Plat line again or contact the hotel directly.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
Hi guys, quick question.
Does the third night free promotion, often seen on fairmont website, apply to the gold floor?

Just received the accor letter in the mail today, confirming status and new certificates to be coming soon .

I would like to book 3 nights at Chateau Laurier, with third night free, booked on the gold floor (and possibly use room certificate too).
Is it possible

edit: hmmm, FPC platinum was converted to Accor Gold- no certs specifically for gold floor upgrades/free rooms. Guess not possible...
will keep waiting to experience gold floor!

Last edited by YVRYEGYVR; Mar 27, 2018 at 3:44 pm
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
Hi guys, quick question.
Does the third night free promotion, often seen on fairmont website, apply to the gold floor?

Just received the accor letter in the mail today, confirming status and new certificates to be coming soon .

I would like to book 3 nights at Chateau Laurier, with third night free, booked on the gold floor (and possibly use room certificate too).
Is it possible

edit: hmmm, FPC platinum was converted to Accor Gold- no certs specifically for gold floor upgrades/free rooms. Guess not possible...
will keep waiting to experience gold floor!
I'm not sure what you mean by 3rd night free promotion. If a hotel is advertising a rate that's pay for 2 nights, get the 3rd free, then normally applies to all room categories. If you're talking about using an FPC 3rd night free certificate, then no, you can't use those on the gold floor. But, you said you're Fairmont Platinum, which get's straight free night certificates, not 3rd night free certificates. Either way, you can't use the certificate on a Gold room, but I'm not sure I understand your question.

If you want to book an advertised 3rd night free rate package, then yes, you should be able to book Gold. If wanted to apply a room upgrade certificate to get there, or redeem a free night certificate in conjunction with it, then no.

As for Fairmont Gold at Chateau Laurier, I wasn't terribly impressed with the lounge there. It was OK, but it's not one of the best Gold lounges I've been in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.