Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:28 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Talking

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Everyone I've spoken to at Fairmont thinks this merger is a good thing.
I bet that Fairmont employees are forbidden/ prevented from saying to customers that they disapprove of the merger!

Last edited by Brendan; Feb 27, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
That is funny I was talking to the bartenders at the Chateau Montebello where we were this weekend (great stay and property) about what they thought of the Accor take-over. I was talking about the differences between the two programs and how the certificates let me stay in some really great rooms, how everything will change yada yada yada and an another employee (front office I think) must of overheard me. She came a few minutes later with the same brochure "in case I didn't know how the new program worked". I told her I was Accor plat and I knew how it worked .
LOL! I told someone at checkout yesterday at another Fairmont that, while I hoped to return in the future, I consider the Accor program to be rubbish (I will confess to using stronger language than that) and that it attitude towards customer service is even worse than that.

As for the ;limitations on using those Accor certs, my recollection is that they cannot be used on any of the lowest rates, even if no advertised "sale" is occurring. But perhaps I'm wrong.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
New certificates?

Have folks had next year’s certificates deposited in their accounts already? I have none as of yet.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Have folks had next year’s certificates deposited in their accounts already? I have none as of yet.
Me neither. They still have close to 24h.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Well, it's now after midnight EST, on March 1. My old certs are gone from my account, no new ones yet, but the system is ready for me to choose my 2 additional benefits. Options appear to be the same as last year. Nice to see they didn't do away with that yet. My wife's account is showing the same. Will probably choose the additional dining certificates and the gift card for each of us. No point in picking any additional upgrade certificates this time, with double sets coming this year.

Last edited by CanadaDH; Feb 28, 2018 at 10:16 pm
Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:25 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Didn't the above posters realise the rooms with the view of dumpsters or a brick wall is the most exciting to be had.

I find it is only the deep discounted sales of like 40-50% that usually are not applicable for using the 2000 point certs as you like to say.
I have before used points for 30% discounts (sometimes and especially a rate called "suite experience" which is very common when there is no big sale around).

Plus accor is getting rid of the physical certs and so points should only be redeemed online , one should look for the symbol when looking at the rates to see if points can be used.
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
All my certificates are in my account! Woohoo!
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Saw them in the account on the app at about 4:00 pst
Brendan likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 9:01 pm

So what alternative rewards programs is everyone switching towards to, that offers the best value?
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Lol. Thanks for posting! ^

That page is both hilarious and sad.

So let's see: The best example the marketing team could come up with was earning points worth ~$600USD (though one would probably have to discount that figure due to the various restrictions such as not being able to apply the points towards certain "sale" rates).

As a FPC Plat she would've received $200USD in dining certs, a free night cert (with minimal restrictions) and a confirmed upgrade to a suite at time of booking on up to 15 nights per year.

I'm pretty sure a semi-smart 5th grader would be able to figure out which option is better.

While they're publishing such nonsense, maybe they could add the following:

"Maryam really enjoys the excitement that comes with the uncertainty of each stay: Will she get upgraded from the room overlooking the dumpster to the room overlooking the parking lot this time? Or even a room on a higher floor? The predictable benefits of the FPC program never gave her this level of excitement.

Furthermore, the Accor program has allowed her to develop her soft skills: Arguing with front desk staff during each stay whether or not a late check-out is available has improved her negotiation skills and boosted her self-esteem."
Yes this is ridiculous. If people wanted upgrades based on availability at check-in they would have gone with SPG or Hyatt which are far superior than Accor (and which by the way also offer suite upgrades guaranteed in advance in certain circumstances). They are completely clueless about what made FPC great. And trying to convince their members as they were that stupid do not help as well.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
"upgrade to the next best room or room category"
Well they are not even capable to offer the best room available period, like SPG, Hyatt or even HH and Marriott, and they want us to buy that... Even Best Western offers better upgrades I believe....
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Does anyone know if the 'doubling down' on certificates if you complete 2 stays in the first half of the year applies to the two additional benefits? If it does, that could impact what I choose as I don't think I would need 6 suite upgrade certs, yet I could easily take advantage of the Plat local dining experience which I have good experiences with in the past.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:40 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by habshabs444
Does anyone know if the 'doubling down' on certificates if you complete 2 stays in the first half of the year applies to the two additional benefits? If it does, that could impact what I choose as I don't think I would need 6 suite upgrade certs, yet I could easily take advantage of the Plat local dining experience which I have good experiences with in the past.
The announcement only mentioned we would receive an additional set of certificates. It never talked about being able to choose additional benefits a second time, so I would assume 'no'.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by habshabs444
I called and asked, and they said no. I have no idea if that will be the final word on it.

To me, the biggest remaining source of uncertainty is whether, once Accor is fully running the show, coupons set to expire Feb 2019 can be extended to April 2019 - Fairmont has been very good about letting Platinums get a few extra months (one year, I extended them to May). I have had a fair number of March-April stays, and not knowing whether I will be able to use coupons in March-April 2019 is complicating my decision-making about the choices.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:08 pm

Wouldn't it be awesome if we can also use certificates towards all Accor brands? I can only hope..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.