Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Ugh, looks like Accor Plat status is only valid until Dec 31, 2018. I was planning on burning the last of my Fairmont certs in January 2019 for the annual SIN do. Does this mean I won't be Platinum??
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:21 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Ugh, looks like Accor Plat status is only valid until Dec 31, 2018. I was planning on burning the last of my Fairmont certs in January 2019 for the annual SIN do. Does this mean I won't be Platinum??
Ok now I am completely confused. First of all, I thought anybody who is Fairmont Plat as of July 1st 2018 will get Accor Plat until Dec 31, 2019, not 2018.

In addition, I received an e-mail today from Accor telling me that I have Accor Gold!? Why not Plat?
Old Jan 25, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by escape4
Ok now I am completely confused. First of all, I thought anybody who is Fairmont Plat as of July 1st 2018 will get Accor Plat until Dec 31, 2019, not 2018.

In addition, I received an e-mail today from Accor telling me that I have Accor Gold!? Why not Plat?
Whoa, I must have missed that. Did not see it was valid until 2019. I initially assumed Feb 2019, but then I saw the membership year ends in Dec. That's a relief, but only for my Jan 2019 stay. Other than that, I have no interest in staying with Accor.

The email I received today said I was Plat, so there must be something wrong with your account.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,

I also just got an email stating my Accor Gold card was in the mail. And I show Gold online. What is going on??

Accor is such a joke. What a sad sad shame that they bought Fairmont. They are going to ruin such a great brand,
Old Jan 25, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I also just got an email stating my Accor Gold card was in the mail. And I show Gold online. What is going on??

Accor is such a joke. What a sad sad shame that they bought Fairmont. They are going to ruin such a great brand,
My account online also shows Gold, like you. I sent an e-mail to Accor to ask about why Gold and not Plat. Will report back! Fortunately I do not have an Accor stay coming up where I would get short-changed on benefits...
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

I haven't got any e-mail from Accor but then I am already Accor Platinum so maybe that's why. Accor Platinum is nothing to write home about however, even when staying in Asia. For example, even late check-out is subject to availability. Hard to believe a major hotel chain still has such a customer unfriendly policy in 2018 but that's Accor for you.
Old Jan 25, 2018, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Elaborate? I dont see how they are connected?
FHR benefits compliments President's Club because FHR also comes with a built-in one-class upgrade. For example, I was confirmed a Junior Suite using Certificate, but upon check-in, I was further upgraded one class up because a one bedroom suite was available on the basis of FHR. Additionally, FHR provides daily free breakfast which is not a feature of President's Club.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 6:55 am

Programs: Fairmont Platinum, SPG Gold
I never knew you could book a room via FHR and then use a certificate. Do you just call Fairmont after booking with FHR to apply the certificate?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ntle
I never knew you could book a room via FHR and then use a certificate. Do you just call Fairmont after booking with FHR to apply the certificate?
Yes.

Certs can be applied to AMEX FHR / Virtuoso / Travel Leaders Select / etc. bookings. For the former, you'd need to call FPC yourself; for the latter you can have your travel agent handle everything or take care of it yourself.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

And FHR counts as qualifying stay/night for Fairmont. It is eligible for points earning / promotions as it is the case with SPG, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriot and Ritz so I imagine FHR Fairmont booking past July will also earn Accor points because you pay the hotel directly. Then again I am not aware of any existing Accor hotels that have made it to the FHR List. Maybe some tuck away Sofitel or McGallery somewhere in Europe but I have not actually seen one.
Brendan likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Certs can be applied to AMEX FHR / Virtuoso / Travel Leaders Select / etc. bookings.
And even OTAs. Fairmont has never cared about booking channel.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
And even OTAs. Fairmont has never cared about booking channel.
This used to be the case most of the time, but OTA bookings have been explicitly excluded.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
+1 Jasper2009. Mahasa, FPC changed the rule in late 2016/ early 2017. I benefited from the old rule once or twice.

Last edited by Brendan; Jan 27, 2018 at 12:42 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:07 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
My account online also shows Gold, like you. I sent an e-mail to Accor to ask about why Gold and not Plat. Will report back! Fortunately I do not have an Accor stay coming up where I would get short-changed on benefits...
Yup I just got email welcoming to Accors Gold and that my card is on the way . I sent a note to FPC warning them. Is this downgrade happening to all FPC Plats??

Just got update from FPC:
There was a one year status match offered to Fairmont President's Club Platinum members in 2016 to join the Le Club AccorHotels program. This was only a one year promotion and members were downgraded to Gold with Le Club AccorHotels if they did not reach the Platinum qualifications in that program.

However, the Fairmont President's Club and Le Club AccorHotels programs are merging on July 2nd, 2018 and I am happy to confirm that when the programs are merged your Le Club AccorHotels membership will be bumped back up to Platinum status which will be valid until December 2019.

Last edited by dmodemd; Jan 29, 2018 at 4:41 pm
Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
Yup I just got email welcoming to Accors Gold and that my card is on the way . I sent a note to FPC warning them. Is this downgrade happening to all FPC Plats??

Just got update from FPC:
There was a one year status match offered to Fairmont President's Club Platinum members in 2016 to join the Le Club AccorHotels program. This was only a one year promotion and members were downgraded to Gold with Le Club AccorHotels if they did not reach the Platinum qualifications in that program.

However, the Fairmont President's Club and Le Club AccorHotels programs are merging on July 2nd, 2018 and I am happy to confirm that when the programs are merged your Le Club AccorHotels membership will be bumped back up to Platinum status which will be valid until December 2019.
So let me get this straight. We were Accor Plat in 2016-2017, and will be Accor Plat from July 2018 to December 2019. But they do not want to give us Plat between Jan 2018 and June 2018, leaving a 6-month hole in this 3+ year period. And at which hotel chain do they think we will stay at during those 6 months as a result?

I did not intend to stay in Accor hotels in the first six months of this year regardless, so I have no reason to care. But seriously? Who is making this stuff up?
YOWCDNFF likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.