Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Funny, I have been a member of the Fairmont forum for 10 years. It has been the most civil, helpful, and friendly sub forum on Flyertalk. Suddenly we get one Accor fanboy over here and it blows up into a flame fest. I blame this on Accor too.
bobofoosh and Arthurrs like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tris06
No actually because your story makes no sense if you are getting upgrades. And Again it is hard to measure someone's expectations. As if I am getting room upgrades worth around 100euros plus per night then that is valuable and I amexcluding those exceptional upgrades I mentioned before. Lets just say you can wiggle and complain what ever upgrade Accor gives you because you have not mentioned what is a decent upgrade or not.

Again I feel you love being the one insulting others.From Now on I will ignore your posts and only reply to more sensible members on this thread.
What you don't get is that 80% of the time you don't care about upgrade but it will be very important 20% of the time. Like when you travel with family. This is why a couple of suite upgrade certs is way better than the "upgrade based on availability at check-in" stuff.
And yes it makes sense to not give guaranteed suite upgrade to the people who qualified by staying at a cheap Ibis regularly, this is why Accor would have been smart to keep a kind of FPC inside their Le Club membership, or at least create something for their upscale and luxury brands, but they decided not doing it and that sucks.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Guys, don't feed the Accor trolls. No point arguing facts.

This is nothing short than Accor taking FPC behind the barn and shooting it.
Arthurrs, dmodemd and nock like this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
the next shoe to drop

This arrived today:
Removal of the Fairmont President’s Club Platinum Membership Benefit
Effective January 1, 2018, enrolment in the Fairmont President’s Club (FPC) Platinum Membership will no longer be a benefit on the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. However, if you obtain FPC Platinum status by December 31, 2017, you will keep it for the period March 1, 2018 - February 28, 2019, unless terminated earlier by the FPC .

Here is my tally to date of benefits lost as a result of the Accor merger:
- PLAT 5;
- free night certs;
- comp upgrade certs;
- dining certs;
- loss of the FPC call centre in Moncton.

I contacted FPC about this and their reply (below) is gibberish:

Although it is true that the “certificate” structure is going away, as a Le Club Accor member you will have the ability to accumulate Rewards Points (even faster as a Platinum member) that you can exchange for reduction on your hotel room bill/airline miles of your choice and more.
I believe the reason video was focused on “Fairmont Properties” was simply to inform our members that the Fairmont President’s Club program may change, but the Fairmont quality of hotels and service remains.
As for the call center in Moncton, thank you for your concern, we will continue to serve all members in North America (both existing Fairmont President’s Club, plus the addition of our North American – Le Club Accor members).

Hope other FTs do the same.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: Starwood Plat (sigh) FPC Platinum (sigh)
Accor-pocalypse Now

Originally Posted by FairmontLiason
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding the upcoming changes to our loyalty program. We value all of your comments and appreciate you taking the time to share them with us. Please rest assured that we are fully committed to delivering the personalized service that you’ve come to know at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Should you have any questions that we can assist with, do not hesitate to reach out to us directly by email ([email protected]) or phone (Canada & USA: 1 877 232 7070 / International: +1 506 877 3093).
For the sake of brevity and accuracy let’s just replace every mention of “upcoming changes to our loyalty program (FPC)” with “Accor-pocalypse”.

Fairmont Liason and all you wonderful Fairmont staff: Godspeed.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 11:52 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I get the feeling that the FPC marketing team is being held hostage by Accors with a gun to their head and told to smile and say that they are fine and everything is going to be great! They must be pretty fearful themselves for their jobs. Hopefully they can get out on the property circuit...

I did get confirmation from them that they will continue the "Stay More, Earn More" benefit - additional free room cert for each 10 nights over 30 until June 30 and that certs will be good for one year. They didn't choose to confirm my request for confirmation on my observation that there is no earning benefit for the first 39 nights in first half 2018 for Platinums who have already qualified in 2017 for status through 2019.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:38 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Napstolean

For the sake of brevity and accuracy let’s just replace every mention of “upcoming changes to our loyalty program (FPC)” with “Accor-pocalypse”.

Fairmont Liason and all you wonderful Fairmont staff: Godspeed.
Accorpocalypse just made my day.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Although I have Accor Platinum status and the company has hotels that I would be happy to stay at, I am unlikely to utilize it in 2018 due to the lack of published benefits. Suite upgrades when traveling with family are the most reward for loyalty for me. Having confirmed suite upgrades with Fairmont or best available rooms including standard suites with Starwood Platinum members is a lot more valuable than a space available one category upgrade elsewhere.

Since hotel breakfasts and lounge access can cost considerably more than one or two level upgrades, chains that include them with status are more likely to receive my business. Although there are exceptions, the top two categories of Hilton, Hyatt and Marriott and the top category of Starwood entitle guests to lounge and/or breakfast.
Unless I am mistaken, there are no Accor hotels in North America that have lounges and free breakfast isn't a stated benefit. Although I might choose to stay at a Sofitel, according to old FT post only 13% of them have lounges.

While some may receive excellent upgrades as a Platinum member of Accor, I would rather rely on published benefits than the possibility of additional unstated benefits upon arrival, If Accor decides to make best available rooms, lounge access and free breakfast a stated benefit of Platinum status, I would be happy to stay at the company's hotels.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:33 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Funny, I have been a member of the Fairmont forum for 10 years. It has been the most civil, helpful, and friendly sub forum on Flyertalk. Suddenly we get one Accor fanboy over here and it blows up into a flame fest. I blame this on Accor too.
In good Canadian fashion (and I agree about the forum) I apologize for fanning the flames. I have been on the internet long enough to know better than to be sucked in...
Old Dec 15, 2017, 2:44 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Unfortunately the loss of PFC is just the loss of another good program. Kimpton was eaten by IHG, SPG is going to disappear in a year or so, and Hyatt Gold Passport was destroyed earlier this year...
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Unfortunately the loss of PFC is just the loss of another good program. Kimpton was eaten by IHG, SPG is going to disappear in a year or so, and Hyatt Gold Passport was destroyed earlier this year...
Sad but true, they are all going to merge into one terrible program. It’s a shame, though used to it after years of having AC yearly program erosions.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 6:22 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Since FPC is still valid until the end of June 2018, if we get 10 stays or 30 nights from Jan 1st to June 30th 2018, don't we get one last set of certs because of early Plat qualification? So is this not the benefit of staying in Fairmont in the first half of 2018?
Old Dec 17, 2017, 7:40 am

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by escape4
Since FPC is still valid until the end of June 2018, if we get 10 stays or 30 nights from Jan 1st to June 30th 2018, don't we get one last set of certs because of early Plat qualification? So is this not the benefit of staying in Fairmont in the first half of 2018?
That's how I understand it. If you're not already FPC Plat based on 2017 stays, but manage to earn it in the first 6 months of 2018, I would think you would then be bumped up, and receive certs to be used before Feb 2019. I don't know how many people would actually fall into this group, however. I don't expect a big cohort of travellers to try and rack up 30 nights in the first 6 months of 2018, just to get early qualification status in a program that is being killed off. If you're the type of traveller to spend this many nights at a Fairmont, then most likely you already have FPC Platinum status earned for 2018.

Fairmont President’s Club will be ‘business as usual’ until July 1, 2018. Your membership will renew as usual on March 1, 2018, at which time your status will be updated based on your 2017 nights and stay history. Elite members will receive annual e-certificates at this time, which will remain valid until February 28, 2019.

On July 2, 2018, you will receive membership status in Le Club AccorHotels matched to the highest Fairmont President’s Club membership status you achieve as of July 1, 2018.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
What really upsets me is I made up my mind several years ago to give up on airline loyalty as the erosion of benefits just made every program worse and worse. I told all my friends to focus on hotel loyalty as that's where the future lies. Well, there goes that idea ...
Old Dec 17, 2017, 11:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
That's how I understand it. If you're not already FPC Plat based on 2017 stays, but manage to earn it in the first 6 months of 2018, I would think you would then be bumped up, and receive certs to be used before Feb 2019. I don't know how many people would actually fall into this group, however. I don't expect a big cohort of travellers to try and rack up 30 nights in the first 6 months of 2018, just to get early qualification status in a program that is being killed off. If you're the type of traveller to spend this many nights at a Fairmont, then most likely you already have FPC Platinum status earned for 2018.
That would apply if you use an account that has no status and use one the fast track codes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.