Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by nock
I see my vouchers at the accor website.
I just called their so-called "Customer Service". They were able to confirm that my certificates still exist. They can see them. The hotels can see them. But, they discovered today that some members can't see them on the site. They don't know why it's happening, or why it only affects some accounts, but are looking into it. A real confidence booster in their abilities! At least they're honest. A lot of other organizations wouldn't want to come right out and declare that they have no idea what is going on!

She said to give it a few days and check again. But, hotels and reservations agents can see and apply the certificates.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:23 am
Accor 10+ Badge

Programs: Accor, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Virgin Velocity
Originally Posted by Brendan
SOWK #563 , at the present mid-market rate on xe.com, 40 Euros = C$59.73. What did the hotel give you?
When I redeemed points at two hotels in China, they converted at near-market rates. Hopefully SOWK didn't get ripped off too badly.
Brendan likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 5:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I'm confused for 2018. We only had points start accumulating as of July, 2018. Is our Platinum Status good for 2019 too? So our spend in the second half of 2018 doesn't matter?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
I'm confused for 2018. We only had points start accumulating as of July, 2018. Is our Platinum Status good for 2019 too? So our spend in the second half of 2018 doesn't matter?
You're correct on both counts.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: ALL
Originally Posted by Maelstrom
When I redeemed points at two hotels in China, they converted at near-market rates. Hopefully SOWK didn't get ripped off too badly.
The exchange rate when redeeming points centrally is not something hotels can amend themselves. The exchange rates is defined in the T&C of Le Club in section 10.

https://www.accorhotels.com/leclub/l...tions.en.shtml

using Rewards Points to obtain a reduction in the price of accommodation or an expense charged in a currency other than euros, will entail the application of the AccorHotels group’s exchange rate of reference, as taken from the “Multicurrency” database (database of monetary and financial information from Reuters bank).
Brendan likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: Westjet Platinum, Fairmont Platinum RIP, Accor Gold, Marriott Lifetime Silver, HH Diamond
I guess I'll be voicing my opinions that the Accor program pales significantly to the former Fairmont program (RIP)!!! Not sure if will do any good!

Edit: And by the way, there is only ONE text field near the beginning of the survey in which you can voice your thoughts, so if you have something to say, do it there, because there are no opportunities later in the survey!!

Eagle_traveler likes this.

Last edited by Arthurrs; Dec 5, 2018 at 8:08 am
Old Dec 19, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by CanadaDH
I just called their so-called "Customer Service". They were able to confirm that my certificates still exist. They can see them. The hotels can see them. But, they discovered today that some members can't see them on the site. They don't know why it's happening, or why it only affects some accounts, but are looking into it. A real confidence booster in their abilities! At least they're honest. A lot of other organizations wouldn't want to come right out and declare that they have no idea what is going on!

She said to give it a few days and check again. But, hotels and reservations agents can see and apply the certificates.
I can also confirm that nothing from my Fairmont account is showing up in my Accor account as well. Haven't bothered contacting Accor to try using them because I've completely abandoned Fairmont post-Accor.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
I can also confirm that nothing from my Fairmont account is showing up in my Accor account as well. Haven't bothered contacting Accor to try using them because I've completely abandoned Fairmont post-Accor.
okay. damn glad im not the only one having issues for months. my 2018 booking history is totally BS. either its missing or its "canceled" and i cant click on it for more details. it even has a damn cancellation number attached and "platinum customer service" is telling me they are still in the process of hiring Citi IT to fix it...

in my profile, it notes:
You will soon find here the history of your Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel reservations made since January 2017.

dude. how long does it take? at this point, the Starriott cluster chicken is cooking way better than this POS accor. would be so funny to see fairmont break off independent after a few years like ebay and paypal.

oh, and i stopped staying at fairmont since July 2018. because i would rather be a globalist elitist platinum premier than this joke.
margarita girl likes this.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Jan 5, 2019 at 1:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.