Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: Free Agent
Are the March 1, 2018 certs good to February 28, 2019 OR do they expire July 1, 20018?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: *G
Qualifying Stays

I am trusting that the definition of a "qualifying" stay does not become an issue. From the small print:

"Qualifying rates are determined by Fairmont in its sole discretion and can be deemed non-qualifying at any given time without prior notice" and ".....any stays booked through any third party online travel channel website (including, but not limited to: HotelTonight.com, Booking.com, Rocketmiles.com, Priceline.com, Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Lastminute.com, Travelocity.com, Orbitz.com, Travelweb.com) are considered as not qualifying and will not be eligible for credit".

It's the deeming a rate non-qualifying without prior notice that has me concerned.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Nice! I will make good use of these certs
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Heh, two stays? That's easy. I would have expected to see some kind of earning ladder like one free night for every 10 nights Jan 1 - July 1st for all so they could drive more upside. The biggest issue I have is for 2017 earned Platinums at least, there is no additional earning benefit for staying the first half of the year for the first 30 nights. You already got your certs. This is incentive for two stays but that's all. The rest of my stays still go to Marriott. Fairmont Dallas lost 100 nights/yr from me and I just brought on 4+ additional full time travelers to my team and I have steered them all away from that property as well. So that is 500 nights gone there. Believe me, they are sad about it but there is nothing they can do and nothing I can ask of them as a property. Even guaranteed Gold every night would not do it.

Post 7/1, it is the bad things I see and hear about the Accors program which also puts away Fairmont. Fairmont is an upscale brand but will have a bottom of the barrel program? Heck, still lounge access is not provided at Fairmont. I am loving the complimentary lounge access (and drinks) at the competitor high end property I am staying at now. It's just a longer walk.

Last edited by dmodemd; Jan 22, 2018 at 9:20 am
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Jim055
Are the March 1, 2018 certs good to February 28, 2019 OR do they expire July 1, 20018?
Should be 2/28/19
See 55sec of home page video of http://www.fpcmembersite.com/ "All e-cert issued in 2018 will be valid till 2/28/19
Old Jan 22, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
I got this email as well, I think it probably for regular plats and for example the lifetime plats probably don't have to do the stays. But, we'll CERTAINLY do the stays and burn certs this year at the Orchid, Banff, Toronto, Montreal and probably Scottsdale.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:05 pm

Any thoughts on passion benefits for this year? Are we getting them twice as well?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zoqfotpik
Any thoughts on passion benefits for this year? Are we getting them twice as well?
Doubtful , it’s not even a sure thing we’ll get it in March.

Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
This is amazing. My wife and I are both Plat. This means we will have FOUR free nights, $400 USD in F+B/Spa, and more Suite and Room Upgrade cert's than we can use. Now, where to use them.

Same here, combined with FHR, these certificates can really go far.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 1:23 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Guava

Same here, combined with FHR, these certificates can really go far.
Elaborate? I dont see how they are connected?
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Ahead of the curve. I already have one eligible stay this year. I need them to recognize the AMEX code to get plat again. Anyone know if that will be an issue?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by allbrosca
Ahead of the curve. I already have one eligible stay this year. I need them to recognize the AMEX code to get plat again. Anyone know if that will be an issue?
I'm pretty sure the Amex and AC offers are no longer valid, no? Your current status is valid until Feb 2019. I suspect that the Accor rules will determine who gets Plat beyond that.

I'm also very happy that I have one stay done at Fairmont SIN a few weeks ago, and am going back in mid-Feb so that will count as my second stay. Sadly, Fairmont isn't in very many of the places I go to.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
No email here yet but I should be Platinum again and have 2 stays booked from before the announcement of the demise of the program so should do well!
Old Jan 24, 2018, 7:13 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
I think its more to do with the glaring hole In the program between January to July Where You Have platinum membership but for staying at those hotels during the 6 months You wouldnt be awarded any of the old program certs. Now they have filled that gap. And while personally it would benefit Accor plat members to get free cert nights or suite upgrades confirmed on bookings In say 2019 it wouldn't work well for Accor. I hope I am wrong but likely this is it for certs as from July 2018 they wont and can't treat members from both programs differently because 1 program will not exsist from July 2018.

Last edited by tris06; Jan 24, 2018 at 7:31 am
Old Jan 24, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'm pretty sure the Amex and AC offers are no longer valid, no? Your current status is valid until Feb 2019..
Yes. That is a big hole. I still have lots of Fairmont gift cards to use up but looks like there will be no certs so value will not be maximized. I do like the Library Bar in the Royal York so I may burn through a few thousand dollars worth of certs there I can find uses for them though, visiting my daughter in Ottawa or weekends in Quebec etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.