Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
That's great to know, very helpful. Thank you
Sorry, I meant the 3rd night free cert. Free night cert is used already.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:20 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by YVRYEGYVR
That's great to know, very helpful. Thank you
Sorry, I meant the 3rd night free cert. Free night cert is used already.
Where did you get the 3rd night free cert? There were a few bonus ones given out last year (Christmas, Canada150, etc.), but the standard platinum package certificates just include a single free night cert.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: E35K, FPC Platinum
I don't know actually, wife is the member and just used that cert to book a third night free for me, and we previously have used a free night. I think we may have lost status? The paperwork from fairmont informing of change to Accor arrived today and states Accorgold, not platinum
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:27 pm

Just a quick reminder to current Plats to select your passion benefits by April 30th as you will no longer able to do it after this month.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Ok, so Marriott came with their new SPG/MR merge program and guess what, most of SPG benefit are kept intact (and are indeed transferred to some Marriott properties). Sure, some are loosing like people who used to qualify by stays and some SPG lifetime Plat are not happy with what the will got but still, I think they made a great job. On the other end, Accor just killed FPC and their Le Club program still sucks. Who is going to stay at a Fairmont / Accor property, even if you are Platinum, when you can stay at a Starwood/Marriott property and get breakfast and/or lounge access, suite upgrade based on availibility (and not just a poor one category upgrade), guaranteed late check out, some SNA (suite upgrade booked in advance) every years and much more valuable points ?
gcashin likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Actually, I got Accor Gold in addition to SPG PLT.
I intend to keep both active as for now.
Accor's Fairmont and Raffless (and possibly Banyan Tree) portfolio is pretty interesting

Very happy with the news about new SPG/MR program

When the news come about Marriott purchase SPG, I think that MR will just replace SPG just like how Accor replace FPC
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Ok, so Marriott came with their new SPG/MR merge program and guess what, most of SPG benefit are kept intact (and are indeed transferred to some Marriott properties). Sure, some are loosing like people who used to qualify by stays and some SPG lifetime Plat are not happy with what the will got but still, I think they made a great job. On the other end, Accor just killed FPC and their Le Club program still sucks. Who is going to stay at a Fairmont / Accor property, even if you are Platinum, when you can stay at a Starwood/Marriott property and get breakfast and/or lounge access, suite upgrade based on availibility (and not just a poor one category upgrade), guaranteed late check out, some SNA (suite upgrade booked in advance) every years and much more valuable points ?
Indeed. After Accor's gutting of Fairmont, I was fearing the worst regarding MR+SPG, but it turned out about as well as one could hope. It would have been nice for legacy SPGers to have a pathway to LTPP, but the existing SPG Plat benefits are, for the most part, retained.

Re Fairmont, I may do a few stays, in places where there are no other chain hotels and that I may return to (Bermuda), but otherwise, I'm out.
I'm lucky that, starting about a decade ago, I started staying a lot at Fairmonts and managed to see a very large number of them, like the Canadian railroad hotels. Doing that would nowhere near as enjoyable without Fairmont Platinum status.

Fairmont was a lot of fun while it lasted, but it has died.

Last edited by Spent_All_My_Miles; Apr 17, 2018 at 10:12 am
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Accor's Fairmont and Raffless (and possibly Banyan Tree) portfolio is pretty interesting
Sure. However, Accor Plat is useless and it's not something which is going to make someone stay here instead of somewhere else. Take the Raffles Royal Monceau in Paris. From what I've heard it's one of the best, if not the best, luxury hotel in Paris. But if you are staying here it's because 1- you do have a lot of money to spend in hotels and 2- you probably have a good virtuoso travel agent or at least FHR or Visa Luxury travel services, which is going to bring you decent benefits like breakfast, dinning credit and upgrades. But who is going to stay here because of Accor status ? No one. Same goes for Canadian Fairmont. Yes Banff et al. are still destination to consider but certainly not because of Accor. Also, take the Chateau Frontenac, it's a great place I really enjoy and I may stay here again with FHR but if the rate make more sense at the other FHR hotel, the Auberge Saint-Antoine, I will go there because the benefits are going to be the same, Accor Plat or not.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Sure. However, Accor Plat is useless and it's not something which is going to make someone stay here instead of somewhere else. Take the Raffles Royal Monceau in Paris. From what I've heard it's one of the best, if not the best, luxury hotel in Paris. But if you are staying here it's because 1- you do have a lot of money to spend in hotels and 2- you probably have a good virtuoso travel agent or at least FHR or Visa Luxury travel services, which is going to bring you decent benefits like breakfast, dinning credit and upgrades. But who is going to stay here because of Accor status ? No one. Same goes for Canadian Fairmont. Yes Banff et al. are still destination to consider but certainly not because of Accor. Also, take the Chateau Frontenac, it's a great place I really enjoy and I may stay here again with FHR but if the rate make more sense at the other FHR hotel, the Auberge Saint-Antoine, I will go there because the benefits are going to be the same, Accor Plat or not.
The Raffles Royal Monceau has been my favourite spot when staying in Paris. The crappy Accor program won't affect my decision on future stays at all, because, let's face it, I never had many benefits there before. I don't know why Raffles even bothered having a loyalty program at all; it certainly wasn't anything like the FPC. Sure, you got platinum recognition and stay credit toward FPC when staying there, but if you were already going to requalify for Platinum anyway with other stays, did that even matter. It's not like you could use an FPC suite upgrade or a free night cert at a Raffles!

A really hiqh quality property should always do well, with or without a good loyalty program. The Royal Monceau will do just fine. So will the Savoy, and the Frontenac and Lake Louise and Banff and Monte Carlo and Montreux. But there is a rather sizeable group of properties that could be negatively affected.
Brendan and YOWCDNFF like this.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:40 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The end is near...

I rarely use the Fairmont app, but for the first time there was a message when opening the app that it will no longer be functioning as of July 2nd as FPC moves over to Le Club Accor. I actually have a stay over Canada Day - curious to see whether the stay will credit to Le Club....
Old Apr 19, 2018, 6:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
I switched back to Marriott at the beginning of the year. Now it looks I will hit lifetime Gold this year and only 3 more years to get to lifetime Platinum. I will just be burning up all my Fairmont goodies over the coming year.
Old May 12, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Regarding the BONUS certificates. Has anyone from the #113 contacted them to understand if the two stays before July 1, 2018 is required for that GROUP which is already platinum to get the bonus? I'll have one stay before then, but hadn't planned on two. I could certainly do it.

As well, anyone from the 113 heard about if we'll get Accor platinum going forward? I tried to do the email link to sign up for Accor platinum but in February it said the link had expired.
Old May 16, 2018, 2:39 pm

Do we know if just the Fairmont app is toast as of July 2nd, or will the website also be closed? More than slightly concerned about the "safe" conversion of free night certificates and $ credits to the Accor system considering I had to petition to get Platinum (Fairmont) that had already been earned by Sept 2017! Definitely collecting a couple screen shots to be sure!
Old May 17, 2018, 9:44 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Do we know if just the Fairmont app is toast as of July 2nd, or will the website also be closed? More than slightly concerned about the "safe" conversion of free night certificates and $ credits to the Accor system considering I had to petition to get Platinum (Fairmont) that had already been earned by Sept 2017! Definitely collecting a couple screen shots to be sure!
Considering that Accor also maintains a separate site for many of its brand (eg: ibis, Novotel, Mercure) in addition to an overall Accor site, I would not be surprised to se a stand alone Fairmont site to still be available come July 2nd. Now, whether the section relating to FPC will continue to be there, or even if they are keeping the same web architecture as the current site remains to be seen
Brendan likes this.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold, Accor Gold, AMEX FHR
I am wondering how are you going to use your last FPC certificates? What properties? What king of upgrades?

I am looking for ideas to maximize the value.

I was thinking on going to Banff but the rates are a little higher than what I wanted to pay

Instead I might go to the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel on a corporate rate and use a suite upgrade... and then use my two free nights at the Pacific Rim and use room/suite upgrades. Anyone stayed at the Vancouver Hotel since their renovations? I stayed at the Pacific Rim and the Waterfront before and I enjoyed my stays.

I kind of want to use my certificates in a city where it makes sense to stay in a Fairmont. As an example, I want to visit Chicago soon, but the Fairmont there doesn't seem special, so I would feel like I wasted my certificates.
Brendan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.