Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Fairmont | Fairmont Presidents Club
Reload this Page >

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Important Change to Your Fairmont President's Club Membership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by gilbertaue
There are possibly more LCAH Platinum members who would stay at a Fairmont property (now that it is part of the group) than there are FPC top tier members that are threatening to stop staying at Fairmont properties.
I would say many, many more. Fairmont is tiny compared to Accor.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I would say many, many more. Fairmont is tiny compared to Accor.
Which is why we all loved Fairmont so much
Old Feb 7, 2018, 4:21 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Which is why we all loved Fairmont so much
I look forward to joining in that love for fairmont then!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by escape4
So let me get this straight. We were Accor Plat in 2016-2017, and will be Accor Plat from July 2018 to December 2019. But they do not want to give us Plat between Jan 2018 and June 2018, leaving a 6-month hole in this 3+ year period. And at which hotel chain do they think we will stay at during those 6 months as a result?

I did not intend to stay in Accor hotels in the first six months of this year regardless, so I have no reason to care. But seriously? Who is making this stuff up?
This isn't correct. I got my Accor Plat card sometime in the last 2 weeks and the card is valid until Dec 2018 and I haven't stayed at a single Accor property, so definitely didn't earn the status. I also got a nice passport wallet with the card. Finally, a gift I can use!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 2:40 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by margarita girl
This isn't correct. I got my Accor Plat card sometime in the last 2 weeks and the card is valid until Dec 2018 and I haven't stayed at a single Accor property, so definitely didn't earn the status. I also got a nice passport wallet with the card. Finally, a gift I can use!
My current status is Gold so I was definitely downgraded from Platinum. The reason is because I stayed at Accor properties 11 nights during 2017 so they recalculated my status the "normal" way and it comes out to Gold. At least that is what Accor help desk explained to me. I guess if I had not stayed at all, I would be Platinum?

Not that I care in any way shape or form...
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by escape4
My current status is Gold so I was definitely downgraded from Platinum. The reason is because I stayed at Accor properties 11 nights during 2017 so they recalculated my status the "normal" way and it comes out to Gold. At least that is what Accor help desk explained to me. I guess if I had not stayed at all, I would be Platinum?

Not that I care in any way shape or form...
Don't feel bad, I'm merely Silver. Never was matched to Accor Platinum and did not bother to try to get it, as I think the Accor program is rubbish and I don't much like their hotels, either (other than some of the ones in Asia, where, however, my travel plans involved other hotels). I had no Accor stays in 2016, but that did not get me raised to Platinum. I had a very few stays at the Heathrow Sofitel in 2017, which did not alter my status, either.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
May be the wrong place for this question but i'll give it a shot

Is there even a Fairmont Platinum reservations desk anymore? Every-time I call the numbers I used to use and reach parties I was familiar with I'm getting people who don't understand how to use certificates and then others who say, "well, you'll just have to call the hotel directly".

Has that group been totally disbanded at this point and what is the best plan to try and have people do things like they need to be done?
example. For an orchid reservation, I'm now after 10 years being told I have to book a full ocean view to upgrade to an executive suite.
Also, for the first time in about eight years now I'm being told that I can't make a reservation to use a suite upgrade until they all hit my account in March, but I've already prequalified and or have them due to lifetime status. And I would have re-quialified regardless.
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 9:35 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Is there even a Fairmont Platinum reservations desk anymore? Every-time I call the numbers I used to use and reach parties I was familiar with I'm getting people who don't understand how to use certificates and then others who say, "well, you'll just have to call the hotel directly".
Well maybe, like most good companies that are acquired and are dismantled, the best people go first as they are able to land good jobs elsewhere and are proactive in doing that. The others just linger until they are let out the door...
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:00 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I have dealt with

[email protected]

for a recent reservation like I always have in the past and it worked well as usual for me. Will let you know if anything goes wrong when i check in later today!
Brendan likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
The helpful desk are somewhere in the maritimes. I hope they dont get rid of that call centre. Those people are always so helpful and nice.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: Accor ALL Diamond, AC Aeroplan 25K, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
The helpful desk are somewhere in the maritimes. I hope they dont get rid of that call centre. Those people are always so helpful and nice.
Yes, they're in Moncton. And I agree they are great bunch to deal with.
Brendan, dmodemd and allbrosca like this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Just had my last paid stay at Fairmont probably. I just clocked in the obligatory two stays (which I intentionally kept to one night each despite having two suite upgrades available) to get my 2nd set of certs. I have a number of new team mate travellers that joined my project and I have steered them away from Fairmont due to the program change. They are all working on SPG or Hilton status now. This Accors program is doing HUGE damage to Fairmont, it's sad. I will just be burning my free nights and certs at this point.

I have been working up my Marriott points to work through lifetime tiers and now will be re-upping my Hilton Diamond this year to work that towards lifetime as well.
Eagle_traveler likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 10:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
While at the Fairmont SIN last week, the Guest Relations Manager gave me a 20 page booklet entitled:

FAIRMONT PRESIDENT'S CLUB MEMBERS' GUIDE TO LE CLUB ACCORHOTELS

Understanding Your New Loyalty Program
Table of Contents includes:
  • Welcome
  • Your Status
  • Your New Program
  • A Member Example
  • Your Fairmont Experience
  • Your Le Club AccorHotels Benefits
  • The Luxury Portfolio of AcoorHotels
  • Meet Sofitel
  • Meet MGallery
  • Meet Pullman
  • Timeline of Program Integration
  • Contact Us
Everyone I've spoken to at Fairmont thinks this merger is a good thing.

Member Example!

What they don't tell you is those 2000 pts can't be used if the hotel is having a sale! I used to have 2000 Accor pts (from a service issue) and tried to use them with no success. I converted them into 1000 Aeroplan miles before they expired.

Last edited by margarita girl; Feb 25, 2018 at 10:50 pm Reason: add Member Example
Old Feb 25, 2018, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Everyone I've spoken to at Fairmont thinks this merger is a good thing.

Member Example!
Lol. Thanks for posting! ^

That page is both hilarious and sad.

So let's see: The best example the marketing team could come up with was earning points worth ~$600USD (though one would probably have to discount that figure due to the various restrictions such as not being able to apply the points towards certain "sale" rates).

As a FPC Plat she would've received $200USD in dining certs, a free night cert (with minimal restrictions) and a confirmed upgrade to a suite at time of booking on up to 15 nights per year.

I'm pretty sure a semi-smart 5th grader would be able to figure out which option is better.

While they're publishing such nonsense, maybe they could add the following:

"Maryam really enjoys the excitement that comes with the uncertainty of each stay: Will she get upgraded from the room overlooking the dumpster to the room overlooking the parking lot this time? Or even a room on a higher floor? The predictable benefits of the FPC program never gave her this level of excitement.

Furthermore, the Accor program has allowed her to develop her soft skills: Arguing with front desk staff during each stay whether or not a late check-out is available has improved her negotiation skills and boosted her self-esteem."

Last edited by Jasper2009; Feb 26, 2018 at 6:01 am
Old Feb 26, 2018, 5:18 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
That is funny I was talking to the bartenders at the Chateau Montebello where we were this weekend (great stay and property) about what they thought of the Accor take-over. I was talking about the differences between the two programs and how the certificates let me stay in some really great rooms, how everything will change yada yada yada and an another employee (front office I think) must of overheard me. She came a few minutes later with the same brochure "in case I didn't know how the new program worked". I told her I was Accor plat and I knew how it worked .

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Feb 26, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.