Wiki Posts
Search

Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Bumping this for some info gathering. Looking for any detailed info on the Child Meal in J. Specifically, I've got a 6yo who is pre-booked for it but I wanted to find out what it is, in case we may want to just book something more... good. Granted this is for next year, so I assume that there will be a lot of changes in J catering between now and then, but is there anyone with info as to what may be contained? If it helps we're looking for LAX, TPE, and SIN-loaded catering.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Already made a post with pictures of the meals from my recent TPE-CDG flight in another thread, but just wanted to say here that the main dinner meal service was great. Perfectly cooked steak for a main, and individual courses including multiple dessert choices that were offered to all. Warmed bread included garlic bread. CDG route gets the special Veuve Clicquot Grande Dame Rose which was fantastic.

Pre-order choices were not really appealing to me, the only one I considered was a seabass with linguine for dinner but never went through with it.
Breakfast was a one-tray setup, and could be better. I think they should offer a sweet Western option instead of just an egg-based Western one.

Cabin was 100% booked but service was still great, and well-timed for both meals.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 11:43 am

TPE->LAX
Filet Mignon
Chicken Congee

July LAX-TPE

TPE-LAX
Chilean Sea Bass, Pesto Linguine
Scallop Congee

September TPE-LAX
Old Sep 4, 2022, 5:59 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Comp4k
TPE->LAX
Filet Mignon
Chicken Congee

July LAX-TPE

TPE-LAX
Chilean Sea Bass, Pesto Linguine
Scallop Congee

September TPE-LAX
Nice.

Looks like the second meal isn't back to normal yet though.
I really miss the original congee spread for breakfast.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
September 4th, ORD-TPE

Skipped cheese and cake as I was too full after main course

The only option available between 2 meals, I was hoping for dim sum, smaller and easier to digest

I'd prefer the old full plain congee rather than just the main course, too much cod and it was fishy

Foie Gras

Stir fried lobster tail with XO sauce, highlite of the meal, perfectly done.
Old Sep 5, 2022, 5:58 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
All looks much better than the J offering on TG when I last flew to Bangkok in April / May so looking forward to being back onboard with EVA in November.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:16 am

Programs: EVA: Gold; Starlux: Explorer; China Airlines: Gold
202209 br c sin-tpe

Actually it’s quite disappointed that meal were came on one tray especially it used to be course by course. I preorder the main meal that really doesn’t look presentable at all but taste is ok.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by Taten_R.O.C.
Actually it’s quite disappointed that meal were came on one tray especially it used to be course by course. I preorder the main meal that really doesn’t look presentable at all but taste is ok.
That is a 4h35m flight! 😊
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:55 pm

yes, it is. But EVA used to serve this flight as SQ, course by course instead of their shorter flight. Before COVID, only TPEHKG will served in one tray.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 2:31 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
yes, it is. But EVA used to serve this flight as SQ, course by course instead of their shorter flight. Before COVID, only TPEHKG will served in one tray.
I remember being amused each time by all the Hello Kitty themed decor, pillows, food, table cloth, paper coaster, and etc. every time I flew TPE<->SIN back in the day. It made it all the more amusing because I was flying J and it would still be decked out in Hello Kitty.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: UA 2MM
I agree with you. It is a 4h35m flight, and BR has enough time to serve it course by course. Before Covid, I used to fly BKK-TPE in business. 😊
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:00 pm

And one more sad thing, they no loner serve Krug on their TPE-JFK route and replaced with Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame Rose 2006,France. But from the online menu, it seems like the old full courses will be returned in this route in Oct. Will share the pix after my flight next month.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:22 pm

And one more sad thing, they no loner serve Krug on their TPE-JFK route and replaced with Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame Rose 2006,France. But from the online menu, it seems like the old full courses will be returned in this route in Oct. Will share the pix after my flight next month.
I think they’ve been serving Veuve Clicquot before Covid (have a picture of it from 2018 TPE-SEA). As for the rose, it’s supposed to go with the Kitty jets and now are only on TPE-JFK and TPE-CDG.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 1:17 am

I'd like to offer my mum a business upgrade for CDG-TPE. She has back issue, quite old, and didn't travel for the last 10 years. I think business class would make the trip more tolerable. She lives around Geneva, but we don't mind going to Paris for to get the direct flight (13 hours). Other option seems to be Turkish Airlines from Geneva (3hours layover in IST, but total of 18 hours journey), but I didn't have great experience with them in Premium economy with TPE-GVA.

Would you recommend Eva as a good choice for business class? Is the CDG-TPE business class got better since COVID?

Thanks!

please ignore, wrong thread.

Last edited by bledfeet; Sep 18, 2022 at 1:31 am Reason: wrong topic
Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
I think they’ve been serving Veuve Clicquot before Covid (have a picture of it from 2018 TPE-SEA). As for the rose, it’s supposed to go with the Kitty jets and now are only on TPE-JFK and TPE-CDG.

2018 Apr TPE-JFK

2019 Oct TPE-CDG

Krug used to only serve for TPE-JFK and TPE-CDG. But you are right the rose is served for Kitty jets during that time. Since the Kitty is retired, they also remove the Krug 😢😢😢

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.