Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Apr 21, 2023, 7:16 am

YVR-TPE-SIN next month:

Supper:
Chilean Sea Bass with Saffron Cream Sauce Served with Potatoes and Assorted Vegetables ( 412 kcal)
Rice Noodle Soup ( 564 kcal) with Roasted Duck Served with Traditional Delicatessens
Five Spice Chicken and Ginger Onion Oil Served with Dried Scallop and Egg White Fried Rice with Assorted Vegetables ( 730 kcal)
*Chicken Thigh Wrapped Prosciutto with Porcini Mushroom Sauce Served with Potatoes and Assorted Vegetables (475kcal)
*Stirred Prawn with Supreme Soy Sauce Served with Fried Egg Rice with Scallop and Mixed Vegetables ( 489 kcal)
*Pan Fried Duck Breast with Figged Port Demi Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes (493kcal)
*WuXi Pork Sparerib Served with Fried Egg Rice and Assorted Vegetables (703kcal)

Breakfast:
Blueberry Yoghurt Pancake Served with Banana Cream, Maple Syrup and Scrambled Egg ( 502 kcal)
Chinese Plain Porridge (171kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens,Egg Pancake with Shrimp,Stir Fried Vegetable Delight
Mushroom Omelette Served with Lyonnaise Potatoes and Basil Turkey Sausage ( 351 kcal)

Breakfast TPE-SIN:
Chinese Plain Porridge (171kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Preserved Sun Dried Turnip Egg Patty, Wok Fried Eringi Mushroom and Green Beans with Asian Spiced Salt
Cajun Spiced Chicken Thigh Served with Pesto Penne Pasta and Vegetables (525kcal)
Din-Tai-Fung Stewed Beef Shank with Noodle Soup (412kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens

How good is the prawn typically? Served head-on or just the tail? This is a 2am flight after a long day, so I'll need a meal but preferably something relatively light.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:25 am

AMS to BKK flight

Hi,
I'll fly from AMS to BKK soon and would like to ask, if choice of meals available online before the flight is typically the same as on board, or are there usually some extra positions to choose from?
Main meal selection for my flight is:

Roasted Beef with Bourguignon Sauce Served with Mashed Potatoes and Assorted Vegetables

Pan Fried Codfish with Shellfish Sauce Served with Roasted Potatoes and Assorted Vegetables

Roasted Chicken in Indonesian Style with Spiced Coconut Sauce Served with Steamed Rice and Assorted Vegetables.

To be honest, I was expecting bigger choice and particularly more Asian dishes. Do you think I'll just find more on board?
Old May 8, 2023, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by tropikey
Hi,
I'll fly from AMS to BKK soon and would like to ask, if choice of meals available online before the flight is typically the same as on board, or are there usually some extra positions to choose from?

Roasted Beef with Bourguignon Sauce Served with Mashed Potatoes and Assorted Vegetables

Pan Fried Codfish with Shellfish Sauce Served with Roasted Potatoes and Assorted Vegetables

Roasted Chicken in Indonesian Style with Spiced Coconut Sauce Served with Steamed Rice and Assorted Vegetables.

To be honest, I was expecting bigger choice and particularly more Asian dishes. Do you think I'll just find more on board?
Its quite odd if the system only gives you three options. Typically there would be three that are available onboard without preordering, and a few more (3-5?) that are preordered only.
Old May 8, 2023, 8:37 am

That's what I think about it too. Is this possible that they haven't loaded all menu for this flight yet? The flight is on the 27th of May.
Old May 8, 2023, 9:56 am

Hi,

How far out is your flight? They generally give you a set on-board flight menu, and the online pre-order dishes will have a special symbol next to them when ordering online.
Old May 8, 2023, 9:57 am

That's what I think about it too. Is this possible that they haven't loaded all menu for this flight yet? The flight is on the 27th of May.
Oh that's odd. It should be about 3 weeks out, in my experience.
Old May 8, 2023, 12:51 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I was told that it is the same menu as ordering on board but pre ordering makes sure that you get your choice.
Old May 8, 2023, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by Davvidd
I was told that it is the same menu as ordering on board but pre ordering makes sure that you get your choice.
When pre-ordering, there are usually exclusive choices (denoted by a silverware icon) in addition to the two or three onboard options for main meal. For breakfast, sometimes there is one or two choices that are online exclusive (maybe exTPE only?), and sometimes there are just the three onboard choices. So it is quite odd that tropikey is only seeing the three onboard options. I don't think departure date matters as pre-ordering is only available at 21 days before departure.

Although I don't think I recall seeing online exclusive options the last time I flew BR76 (Sep 22), but it might be due to Covid limitation though.
Old May 8, 2023, 8:08 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Hi,

Are you sure your booking is in Business? That looks like an Economy offering.
Old May 8, 2023, 11:52 pm

Hi,

thank you all for helpful replies

@JayhawkCO - yes, I'm sure about it, although it's a reward flight (for Miles&More miles) and who knows... This fact might put me in other category of business class passengers

Just to avoid any misunderstanding, I'd like to add that apart from these three main meals (indicated as "Supper"), there's also another section indicated as "Energizing Impression" which includes:

Frittata with Marinara Sauce Served with Bacon and Potato

Scrambled Egg Served with Chicken Sausage and Baked Beans

Chinese Plain Porridge Served with Cold Delicatessens, Chicken Strips with Pickled Cabbage and Tomato Eggs,

however, AFAIU, this section refers to separate meal which will be served closer to arrival to BKK, so I didn't mention it in my first post.

I asked BR's FB support about short list of main meals and about menu on board (whether there'll be some other meals to choose from) and here's what they have just answered:

"Hi Tropikey. Because you're not flying with one airline, so please contact EVA Air reservation office. We will do our best to make satisfactory arrangements for you" (that's all).

I must say it is quite surprising reply. Yes, the whole trip (WAW-AMS-BKK-KUL) will be done with three different airlines but it's something completely new for me that it might have any impact on meals available on one of these flights.

I'm not a demanding customer and don't care about special treatment, so I'm not going to make any further arrangements with Eva's reservation office. Nevertheless, I must say that this situation is quite unique and odd.
Old May 9, 2023, 6:42 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Well, I'll let you know if the multiple airlines thing affects anything at all. I have a UA/BR/BR/TG leg on an upcoming reservation but still barely over three weeks out, so I can't see my options yet.
Old May 9, 2023, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by hayzel7773
Yes, go to special meals and scroll down.
Do you know if EVA offers baby meal for lap infants? I don't see an option for selecting special meal for lap infant, only for the adults.

Or is this something I'll need to call in for?
Old May 9, 2023, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by pentiumvi
Do you know if EVA offers baby meal for lap infants? I don't see an option for selecting special meal for lap infant, only for the adults.

Or is this something I'll need to call in for?
Yes you need to call in to request.
Old May 10, 2023, 11:43 am

Programs: Amex FHR elite travel agent, Ritz Stars, Hyatt Prive, Four Seasons Preferred Partner and others
Does anyone know the current wine/champagne offering on the Hello Kitty TPE-ORD flights?
Old May 10, 2023, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by chewy3
Does anyone know the current wine/champagne offering on the Hello Kitty TPE-ORD flights?
Yup, this was the bottle we had on Friday - hope it helps!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.