Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Sep 18, 2022, 9:50 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TPE, SFO, PAE
Posts: 870
Originally Posted by Taten_R.O.C.
Krug used to only serve for TPE-JFK and TPE-CDG. But you are right the rose is served for Kitty jets during that time. Since the Kitty is retired, they also remove the Krug 😢😢😢
Damn that menu brings back memories. Never a fan of Din Tai Fung, but I would love to have their beef and chicken noodles as onboard options now...
ithinkurdumb is offline  
Old Oct 8, 2022, 1:12 am
  #17  
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Posts: 6,192
The noodle soup was available and very enjoyable on my end-of-September flight from SEA to TPE. Excellent service and fully enjoyable. Very proactive offering of food and drink when the FAs noticed that I had awakened. All around A+ EVA experience.

Unfortunately my connecting EVA flight to Australia had a rather matronly FA in my section, who seemed to be the Taiwanese version of a flight attendant on UA or AA. She wasn't usually overtly hostile but there was a notable lack of proactiveness to offer me a drink along with an insistence that I darken my shades even though I was really enjoying the views and photographing the landscape while the plane was over New Guinea.
Buster CT1K is online now  
Old Oct 9, 2022, 4:29 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 56
Had an early-Oct flight - the food service seems to have changed.

Tablecloths were placed. Appetisers, a plate for bread and the condiments/butter/utensils were served on one tray, then the stewardesses came round with bread choices after. Main course and dessert each came on a separate plate, and was served when you finished the previous course. Crew members would collect the plate from the previous course after the food was finished. At the end of it all, the tablecloth and tray was collected.


Meal service was generally good, the only thing I had issue with was that there were no menu cards. The crew came round with one meal card and showed it to you while taking orders, so you only have a few seconds to decide.

Note: this was for SIN-TPE

Last edited by Beepbop; Oct 9, 2022 at 7:28 pm
Beepbop is offline  
Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:31 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: LAX/NYC
Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Posts: 568
Originally Posted by Beepbop
Had an early-Oct flight - the food service seems to have changed.

Tablecloths were placed. Appetisers, a plate for bread and the condiments/butter/utensils were served on one tray, then the stewardesses came round with bread choices after. Main course and dessert each came on a separate plate, and was served when you finished the previous course. Crew members would collect the plate from the previous course after the food was finished. At the end of it all, the tablecloth and tray was collected.


Meal service was generally good, the only thing I had issue with was that there were no menu cards. The crew came round with one meal card and showed it to you while taking orders, so you only have a few seconds to decide.
This is presumably a short haul route?
BR787 is offline  
Old Oct 9, 2022, 7:29 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by BR787
This is presumably a short haul route?
Oh yes, forgot to mention that.

​​​​​​The long haul service seems to be dish by dish. Still no menu cards though
Beepbop is offline  
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:13 pm
  #21  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Laguna Beach
Posts: 100
Just got to pre-select our meals for our JFK-TPE flight on Nov 1.




LittleYaris is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:08 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Posts: 5,281
I was wondering if this pre selected menu is the same as the menu on board?
Davvidd is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:17 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Programs: AA Platinum for Life (2MM), BR Gold, AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Posts: 987
Originally Posted by Davvidd
I was wondering if this pre selected menu is the same as the menu on board?
For some meals, pre-selecting offers entrees that are not available to select on board (the ones with the knife and fork next to the radio button in the screen shot in a previous post). Other than that, it is the same as what's on board.
tai4de2 is offline  
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:19 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: Laguna Beach
Posts: 100
Originally Posted by Davvidd
I was wondering if this pre selected menu is the same as the menu on board?
Aside from those denoted by the fork and knife icon, everything else is available on board.
LittleYaris is offline  
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:22 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Posts: 1,448
I am flying TPE-IAH in early December. Meal selection just opened up and I haven't seen some of these commented on here. Debating between Tan's Eight Treasures Glutinous Rice (isn't eight treasure rice a desert) or Fried Sea Bass. I can't see the DTF being that much different than what I can get in California or Vegas though since they supposedly pride themselves on standardization. I might just pick the Tan's meal since it's "special"

*Din Tai Fung Noodles with House Special Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wontons, House Steamed Chicken Soup
*Deep Fried Chilean Sea Bass with Tea and Spice Crust Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice (Chishang Premium Grade Rice)
*Chicken Bourguignon Served with Assorted Vegetables and Mashed Green Peas and PotatoesOnline Exclusive Meals
*Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with Plant-Based Meat in Black Pepper Sauce Served with Pumpkin Noodles
*Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
*Tans Eight Treasures Glutinous Rice with Braised Chicken
*Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes


Also any review on the beef soup vs congee for second meal?

Refreshing Meal

*Chinese Plain Congee Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Char Siew Chung Fun, Purple Yam and Asparagus with Mixed Vegetables
*Double Boiled Beef Brisket and Tendon Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens
*Red Quinoa and Vegetables Quiche Served with Pan Fried Chicken Sausage and Roasted Red Skin Potatoes
bigshooter is offline  
Old Nov 13, 2022, 10:50 am
  #26  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TPE, SFO, PAE
Posts: 870
Originally Posted by bigshooter
I am flying TPE-IAH in early December. Meal selection just opened up and I haven't seen some of these commented on here. Debating between Tan's Eight Treasures Glutinous Rice (isn't eight treasure rice a desert) or Fried Sea Bass. I can't see the DTF being that much different than what I can get in California or Vegas though since they supposedly pride themselves on standardization. I might just pick the Tan's meal since it's "special"

*Din Tai Fung Noodles with House Special Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wontons, House Steamed Chicken Soup
*Deep Fried Chilean Sea Bass with Tea and Spice Crust Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice (Chishang Premium Grade Rice)
*Chicken Bourguignon Served with Assorted Vegetables and Mashed Green Peas and PotatoesOnline Exclusive Meals
*Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with Plant-Based Meat in Black Pepper Sauce Served with Pumpkin Noodles
*Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes
*Tans Eight Treasures Glutinous Rice with Braised Chicken
*Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes


Also any review on the beef soup vs congee for second meal?

Refreshing Meal

*Chinese Plain Congee Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Char Siew Chung Fun, Purple Yam and Asparagus with Mixed Vegetables
*Double Boiled Beef Brisket and Tendon Noodle Soup Served with Traditional Delicatessens
*Red Quinoa and Vegetables Quiche Served with Pan Fried Chicken Sausage and Roasted Red Skin Potatoes
Had the Tan's chicken back in August. Not the typical glutinous rice (not wrapped in a lotus leaf) but quite tasty. The only disappointment was that the appetizers were western, instead of a whole series of Tan's cuisine as when EVA first launched it pre-Covid. Not sure if this has been fixed or not. I'd go with beef noodle for breakfast
ithinkurdumb is offline  
Old Nov 13, 2022, 11:26 am
  #27  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Posts: 1,448
Originally Posted by ithinkurdumb
Had the Tan's chicken back in August. Not the typical glutinous rice (not wrapped in a lotus leaf) but quite tasty. The only disappointment was that the appetizers were western, instead of a whole series of Tan's cuisine as when EVA first launched it pre-Covid. Not sure if this has been fixed or not. I'd go with beef noodle for breakfast
Wow! Thanks. I'll go ahead and try it and had already selected the beef soup. I'll be coming from Vietnam so not sure why I'm caring so much about the food on this flight... i'll probably be ready for a salad by the time I head home
bigshooter is offline  
Old Dec 5, 2022, 11:18 pm
  #28  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SAN
Programs: Stanby life since 2007
Posts: 81
My late Dec menu just loaded. (SFO-TPE). Anyone tried the "stir fried lobster"?

san88 is offline  
Old Dec 6, 2022, 3:30 am
  #29  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: TPE, SFO, PAE
Posts: 870
Originally Posted by san88
My late Dec menu just loaded. (SFO-TPE). Anyone tried the "stir fried lobster"?

Lobsters on BR are usually quite good. I can't find a recent picture but stir-fried lobster was my go-to on CGK-TPE.
ithinkurdumb is offline  
Old Dec 9, 2022, 7:15 am
  #30  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Posts: 1,440
A few photos from BR67 BKK-LHR last month. Both La Grande Dame and La Grande Dame Ros were on offer.










Main course choices. I decided to try the Sous Vide Beef which was a decent medium rare.
bpk6h is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.