Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Dec 10, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
I did that flight a few days ago had the same main course, sadly the grande dame was in short supply they were serving another champagne along side not nearly as good.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:08 am

I am flying IAH-TPE on December 26. When do they start serving the first meal? Not a fan of the big meal shortly after a late night flight departure.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by diverg
I am flying IAH-TPE on December 26. When do they start serving the first meal? Not a fan of the big meal shortly after a late night flight departure.
Typically an hour or so after takeoff. You can ask the cabin crew to postpone your meal to anytime you want, even together with you ur breakfast
Old Dec 28, 2022, 2:12 am

Programs: Stanby life since 2007

(SFO-TPE) Pre-ordered stir fry lobster with fried rice

This lobster was fantastic. The flavor was very good. Downside is the portion is tiny.

Star special: Thai style noodle soup.
It was okay. I wouldnt order it as my main entree if you have other options.
Old Jan 14, 2023, 10:53 pm

I had the lamb rack as the main entree and it was tasty, perfect medium. There was a lot of potatoes to fill you up. The tiramisu cake dessert was quite amazing. Were offered a plate of stir-fry noodles mid-flight as snack that was tasty as well. The congee breakfast was good.

Had the beef soup breakfast on the other leg and that one was very nice as well.

Overall very good meals.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 5:47 am

Lamb is always quite good, has been my go to for years now whenever it is on the menu.

I also tried for the first time the DTF tendon beef noodle (without noodles... because diet) on a TPE>NRT and frankly was positively impressed
Old Jan 25, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
I finished flying VIE-TPE-BNE yesterday and was mostly happy with my vegetarian meals, particularly ex TPE.

Ex VIE I ordered a vegetarian lacto-ovo meal. The canapes, starters and snacks were western style - caprese salad, mozzarella/tomato/pesto toastie. However, the mains for both dinner and breakfast were heavily spiced Indian dishes (dahl, korma etc) that didn't quite make sense with the starters and they made my palate a bit confused. That said, all of the food was delicious. And despite having ordered a special meal, I was able to request the Demel chocolate cake which I was craving from the regular dessert menu.

Ex TPE I ordered the vegetarian oriental meal (my usual strategy if departing from an Asian city) and I was really impressed with the quality and variety of the food. Lunch was rice with a variety of vegetables and vegetarian meats, while the refreshment/light meal was congee with various accompaniments. I think it's some of the best food I've ever eaten on a plane.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 12:26 pm

Can anyone post a TPE-SFO menu? Or the menu changes significantly, "past performance is no guarantee of future results"?
Old Feb 21, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by FlyingJoy

Ex TPE I ordered the vegetarian oriental meal (my usual strategy if departing from an Asian city) and I was really impressed with the quality and variety of the food. Lunch was rice with a variety of vegetables and vegetarian meats, while the refreshment/light meal was congee with various accompaniments. I think it's some of the best food I've ever eaten on a plane.
Thank you so much for posting! Im just about to take a J flight on BR ex-Asia and wondering whats the best vegetarian/vegan strategy. This is great advice.

As an aside I flew from LHR on SQ in Y and ordered the vegetarian oriental meal(s) which were fabulous. It was a better option by far than the western vegan option which I had ordered last time and which in comparison was just bland.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:09 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
I'm looking forward to flying in J with EVA for the first time. The only slight downside is that dinner will be served around 2:30 AM due to my departure time. Hopefully, I'll have an appetite and the energy to enjoy my meal.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by Norexan
I'm looking forward to flying in J with EVA for the first time. The only slight downside is that dinner will be served around 2:30 AM due to my departure time. Hopefully, I'll have an appetite and the energy to enjoy my meal.
You can ask them to delay it and request service when you wake up.
Old Feb 24, 2023, 7:37 pm

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by Freetotravel
Thank you so much for posting! I’m just about to take a J flight on BR ex-Asia and wondering what’s the best vegetarian/vegan strategy. This is great advice.

As an aside I flew from LHR on SQ in Y and ordered the vegetarian oriental meal(s) which were fabulous. It was a better option by far than the western vegan option which I had ordered last time and which in comparison was just bland.
To whet your appetite, here are some photos of the vegetarian oriental meals from TPE-BNE. I look forward to ordering it again when I fly SIN-TPE-SFO in June!

I also fly on SQ a lot and I rotate between the oriental, western and Hindu vegetarian options or Book the Cook, depending on my departure city.

Last edited by FlyingJoy; Feb 25, 2023 at 6:59 am
Old Mar 11, 2023, 2:48 pm

BR5 - LAX -> TPE (early April flight) options

Lunch

- Chilean Sea Bass with Cilantro and Carrot Jus, Served with Assorted Vegetables and Yukon Gold Potatoes(559kcal)

- Pan Seared USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Truffle Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables, Arugula Mashed Potatoes(702kcal)

- Hainanese Chicken Served with Assorted Vegetables and Chicken Rice(540kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals
- Roasted Duck with Juniper Cherry Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mashed Sweet Potatoes (788kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals
- Braised Beef Cheek with Port Wine Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Vegetable Barley Risotto (561kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals
- Braised Pork with Preserved Vegetable Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice (908kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals
- Onion Chicken Roll with Abalone Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice (765kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals
- Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice (445kcal)

- Meal service not required

- Choose the meal onboard the plane

Refreshing Meal

- Saffron Fettuccine with Grilled Salmon in Pesto Sauce(691kcal)

- Taiwanese Style Congee(171kcal) Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Egg Pancake with Basil and Egg Tofu with Crispy Bean Sauce

- Beef Short Ribs Cannelloni with Parmesan Cream Sauce and Carrot Puree(730kcal)

- Choose the meal onboard the plane
Old Mar 11, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Is it normal for there not to be Lobster ex TPE? Any suggestions on this selection?

Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cennis
Is it normal for there not to be Lobster ex TPE? Any suggestions on this selection?
There has never been lobster ex-TPE. It has always been ex-US.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.