Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Mar 13, 2023, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by cennis
Is it normal for there not to be Lobster ex TPE? Any suggestions on this selection?

Order what you like? The point of the selection is that there's hopefully enough choices that everyone has at least one thing on the menu that they like
Old Mar 17, 2023, 4:08 am

Programs: UA PP, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Flying MUC-TPE and TPE-MUC at the end of the month. Looks like they've replaced Grande Dame with the 2006 Duval-Leroy Clos Des Bouveries. Any one have experience with that champagne?

I picked the "Wok Fried Prawns in Sichuan Style Served with Assoted Vegetables and Steamed Rice" for the outbound and "Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang -Braised Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetable Served with Steamed Rice" for the inbound.
Old Mar 21, 2023, 3:57 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Titanium+LTG
Originally Posted by freedom2020
Can anyone post a TPE-SFO menu? Or the menu changes significantly, "past performance is no guarantee of future results"?
The menu does change enough from my experience that past performance is indeed no guarantee of future results. However, the Din Tai Fung Spicy Wontons have been on TPE-SFO more often than not for the last 10 years.

Here's a TPE-SFO menu for March 2023:

Supper
  • Din Tai Fung Noodles with House Special Spicy Shrimp and Pork Wontons (360kcal), House Steamed Chicken Soup
  • Braised Pork Spare Ribs in Oriental Tomato Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice (Chishang Premium Grade Rice) (654kcal)
  • Herb Pecan Crusted Chilean Sea Bass with Citrus Flavoured Vinaigrette Served with Assorted Vegetables and Fettuccine (676kcal)
  • [Online Only] Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley (436kcal)
  • [Online Only] Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang -Braised Pork Belly with Preserved Vegetable Served with Steamed Rice (741kcal)
  • [Online Only] Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes (695kcal)
  • [Online Only] Braised Plant-Based Wrapped with Water Bamboo in Lemon Grass Sauce Served with Steamed Rice with Red Quinoa and Barley (578kcal)
  • [Online Only] Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes (683kcal)
  • [Online Only] Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables (542kcal)
  • [Online Only] Created by Chef Paul Lee - Braised Veal Cheek Fermented Black Beans Potato Puree Nest Fern (358kcal)
  • [Online Only] Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Steamed Chilean Sea Bass with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice (679kcal)

Refreshing Meal
  • Noodle Soup with Fried Chicken (731kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens
  • Chinese Plain Congee (171kcal) Served with Traditional Side Dishes, Scrambled Egg with Crab Meat and Green Soybean and Stir Fried Asparagus with Wolfberry and Lily Bulb
  • Gratin Creamy Seafood Crepe with Pesto Dressing and Garden Green Salad (416kcal)

Last edited by PaclantFlyer; Mar 21, 2023 at 3:57 am Reason: Formatting fix
Old Mar 22, 2023, 8:46 pm

Omg that looks delicious!
Old Mar 23, 2023, 6:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Here are the options for my flight next month from YYZ-TPE and TPE-CGK. I chose the Pecan Crusted Lamb, Banana Bread French Toast and Braised Beef Cheek.

Old Mar 24, 2023, 12:12 pm

BR31 JFK-TPE

Going to go with the Beef Fillet and the Beef Shao Bing

Supper
- Sliced Noodle Soup with Braised Sea Cucumber, Chicken and Mushroom (434kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens
- Roasted Sesame Chicken in Brown Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Steamed Rice (673kcal)
- Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Pink Salt or Morel Mushroom Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Mascarpone Potato Puree (657kcal)
- (*) Grilled Pork Chop with Cafe de Paris Butter Served with Mixed Vegetables and Potato with Cheese (668kcal)

- (*) Roasted Lamb Rack with Demi Glace Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes (511kcal)

- (*) Wok Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Stir Fried Noodles (787kcal)

- (*) Steamed Chilean Seabass with Ham Served with Assorted Vegetable and Egg Fried Rice (790kcal)

- (*) Seared Chicken Breast with Chive Demi Sauce Served with Assorted Vegetables and Potatoes (614kcal)

Breakfast

- Potato and Cheddar Cheese Quiche with Broccoli Sauce Served with Chicken Sausage (867kcal)

- Chinese Plain Congee (171kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessens and Pan Fried Egg with Chinese Sausage, Baked Tofu with Vegetables

- Shao Bing with Beef and Egg (546kcal) and Sweet Congee with Longan and Lotus Seeds (297kcal) Served with Traditional Delicatessen

Last edited by Virginia Emery; Mar 24, 2023 at 12:20 pm
Old Mar 26, 2023, 12:40 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by FlyingJoy
To whet your appetite, here are some photos of the vegetarian oriental meals from TPE-BNE. I look forward to ordering it again when I fly SIN-TPE-SFO in June!
Thank you again for the suggestion! Recently flew DPS//TPE//MUC with this special meal ordered. Wow. Amazing presentation, absolutely delicious food, I didnt want to leave the plane in MUC!!

I liked that EVA even provided vegetarian hors doeuvres specially. I really wasnt expecting this.

DPS//TPE

DPS//TPE

DPS//TPE

TPE//MUC

TPE//MUC

TPE//MUC

TPE//MUC

Breakfast TPE//MUC
Old Mar 28, 2023, 12:58 pm

Programs: QRPC, BAEC
Originally Posted by Lore
Looks like they've replaced Grande Dame with the 2006 Duval-Leroy Clos Des Bouveries. Any one have experience with that champagne?
Yes, but specifically for JFK and CDG you now get Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle instead which is what BA and some others serve in F
Old Mar 29, 2023, 11:57 am

BR61 TPE-BKK

Teriyaki Chicken Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (485kcal)

Wok Fried Nile Perch with Crispy Garlic Hong Kong Style Served with Assorted Vegetables and Capsicums with Zucchini Savoury Rice (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (566kcal)

Grilled Beef Fillet with Creamy Caper and Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes (547kcal)

Online Exclusive Meals

Braised Pork Knuckle and Sea Cucumber in Superior Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice (Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (492kcal)

Created by Chef Ching-Biao, Huang - Steamed Halibut with Chopped Chili Paste Served with Multi Grain Rice(Golden Quality Award Chishang Organic Rice) (679kcal)

Created by Chef Paul Lee - Braised Beef Cheek Fermented Black Beans Potato Puree Vegetables (358kcal)
Old Mar 30, 2023, 8:11 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Just noticed the champagne change on my upcoming LHR flight, not familiar with the Duval-Leroy personally how does it compare to La grande dame?

I see there is a bit of a price difference between the two, Same for the JFK / CDG change quite a price difference even if some airlines serve it in first based on UK cost of a bottle.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 8:24 am

Programs: OZ*G, QF Gold
Originally Posted by Freetotravel
Thank you again for the suggestion! Recently flew DPS//TPE//MUC with this special meal ordered. Wow. Amazing presentation, absolutely delicious food, I didnt want to leave the plane in MUC!!

I liked that EVA even provided vegetarian hors doeuvres specially. I really wasnt expecting this.

DPS//TPE

DPS//TPE

DPS//TPE

TPE//MUC

TPE//MUC

TPE//MUC

TPE//MUC

Breakfast TPE//MUC
I'm enjoying these photos while lounging around at home in my EVA Jason Wu PJs with a glass of bourbon Everything looks delectable. Glad the vegetarian oriental meal choice worked out well for you too. Not wanting to leave the plane is a great sign

I'll be sure to update this thread with a photo report about my vegetarian/vegan food on SIN-TPE-SFO after my journey in late June!
Old Apr 1, 2023, 1:53 pm

Haha Ive been wearing my new Jason Wu PJs every night since I got back.

Please do!!
Old Apr 1, 2023, 5:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Freetotravel
Haha Ive been wearing my new Jason Wu PJs every night since I got back.

Please do!!
Is the fit of the pjs to size? Like, does a size large feel like a size large should?
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Norexan
Is the fit of the pjs to size? Like, does a size large feel like a size large should?
What I did was ask the FA what size to get. She looked at me and said large will be fine. Large is perfect!! Fits me great. Im 6 foot and 195lb btw. Sooooo comfortable.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 6:41 pm

Flying from LAX-TPE in a few days, and here's our menu!
SO and I ordered different things, so I'll have some pics to post up once we get back from the trip (and once I meet the post requirements, of course.)

Supper
Chilean Sea Bass with Cilantro and Carrot Jus, Served with Assorted Vegetables, Yukon Gold Potatoes(559kcal)
Hainanese Chicken Served with Assorted Vegetables and Chicken Rice(540kcal)
Noodle Soup with Pork Chop (847kcal)Served with Traditional Delicatessen
*Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Green Onion Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice (445kcal)
*Onion Chicken Roll with Abalone Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice (765kcal)
*Braised Pork with Preserved Vegetable Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Steamed Rice (908kcal)
*Roasted Duck with Juniper Cherry Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables and Mashed Sweet Potatoes (788kcal)
*Braised Beef Cheek with Port Wine Sauce, Seasonal Vegetables, Vegetable Barley Risotto (561kcal)

Breakfast
Taiwanese Style Congee(171cal) Severed with Cold Delicatessens, Egg Pancake with Basil and Egg Tofu with Crispy Bean Sauce
Porcini Mushroom Cream Omelette Served with Applewood Smoked Bacon and Potatoes(523kcal)
White Chocolate Croissant Pudding with Assort Berries and Vanilla Sauce(484kcal)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.