Royal Laurel Meals 2022 on (post Covid)

Old Apr 7, 2023, 1:10 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Advice on rack of Lamb cutlet with lime herb crust served with rosemary sauce and vegetables and red skin potato or stir fried shrimp Bi Luo Chun green tea served with vegetables and rice and red quinoa?
Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Davvidd
Advice on rack of Lamb cutlet with lime herb crust served with rosemary sauce and vegetables and red skin potato or stir fried shrimp Bi Luo Chun green tea served with vegetables and rice and red quinoa?
The lamb was one of the best Ive had on a plane. Id go for it if you typically like lamb
Old Apr 11, 2023, 12:07 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
NRT-tpe light western meal extremely mediocre. White wine not drinkable. Red passable. Staff very nice but I Won’t rush to take Eva again. I was in Royal Laurel business class
Old Apr 14, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by fmkgb
NRT-tpe light western meal extremely mediocre. White wine not drinkable. Red passable. Staff very nice but I Wont rush to take Eva again. I was in Royal Laurel business class
What white wine was it? I'm a sommelier and, to this day, I've never met a wine that's "undrinkable".
Old Apr 14, 2023, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
What white wine was it? I'm a sommelier and, to this day, I've never met a wine that's "undrinkable".
dont remember. I think from Chile whose wines I generally like. Im flying
back to Japan on Monday and Ill try to remember to take a photo of label and post.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by JayhawkCO
sorry, had sake with the Japanese meal and forgot to ask about the white wines. I, for one, have had some whites that I would not drink. Guess your price point is higher than mine. I think the only white wines in low/moderate price ranges that I never have a problem with are those from friuli area of Italy.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:29 am

Programs: Statusless and proud
Originally Posted by fmkgb
sorry, had sake with the Japanese meal and forgot to ask about the white wines. I, for one, have had some whites that I would not drink. Guess your price point is higher than mine. I think the only white wines in low/moderate price ranges that I never have a problem with are those from friuli area of Italy.
Ha. I've tasted many expensive wines over the course of my career, but my daily drinkers are still in the $12-$15 range. There are certainly styles of wine that I don't prefer over others -- namely big, over-extracted Napa reds and overly-oaked Chardonnay (why can't they all be Burgundy?). But, unless it's corked badly or has some other fault, I can drink pretty much anything.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 11:38 pm

is it possible to order a second entree or additional food on the plane for free?
Old Apr 19, 2023, 9:43 am

Hello,

I am flying Eva Air business class YYZ-TPE in May. Can anyone tell me how the diabetic meal is on Eva Air? compared to the regular menu...
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Norexan
Here are the options for my flight next month from YYZ-TPE and TPE-CGK. I chose the Pecan Crusted Lamb, Banana Bread French Toast and Braised Beef Cheek.
How was the braised beef cheek?
Old Apr 20, 2023, 3:07 am

Programs: Peasant at large
Originally Posted by internetaffairs
is it possible to order a second entree or additional food on the plane for free?
I have asked for it twice in the past and they told me they had to check before bringing it to me. I don't know if there's a policy on this but BR crew generally try to do what they can for business class passenger (they're really nice in coach too) so if you ask nicely and they have extras, you'll probably get it. That said, if the meal isn't enough for you and they're out of dinner entrees, the mid-flight light meals are great too in my experience.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 4:21 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sof_lance
How was the braised beef cheek?
Really delicious. Super tender.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 4:35 am

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
The Lamb was very good. Thank you ithinkurdumb.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by internetaffairs
Originally Posted by crunchie
I have asked for it twice in the past and they told me they had to check before bringing it to me. I don't know if there's a policy on this but BR crew generally try to do what they can for business class passenger (they're really nice in coach too) so if you ask nicely and they have extras, you'll probably get it. That said, if the meal isn't enough for you and they're out of dinner entrees, the mid-flight light meals are great too in my experience.
I was on BR26 and due to some unfortunate events, I was still hungry after the main meal so gave the midflight snacks a try for the first time. I was pleasantly surprised by how good the burger was (fries not so much), and unpleasantly surprised by its size - it was so substantial that I could barely finish it.

Ive also heard other pax asking for a second entree. But given the portion and quality of the inflight snacks, itd be really hard to go hungry in J.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 12:58 pm

I have had that burger mid flight once. It was quite the size.

Last edited by sof_lance; Apr 20, 2023 at 1:05 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.