Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EVA Air Royal Laurel Meals 2013 - 2021

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by daniellam
There is even a sign in the lavatory asking passengers to re-use their toothbrush/towel/other toiletries that they provide complementary. They use the "environment" as an excuse. LOL
What is wrong with asking people to conserve? Yes, the menus are inexcusable but asking people to conserve their use of toothbrushes(do you really need one per brush) is not in anyway ridiculous. Do you use one toothbrush a night at a hotel, throw it out, then ask housekeeping to restock it for you during the daily housekeeping?
Dave510 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by l380
Same experience for me! And they will DEFINITELY collect the menu shortly before arrival. They will look through the entire seat/literature pocket just to find it.... It is really excessive. Surely the menus don't cost that much to print...?
I don't see why collecting the menus before landing is such a big deal. In the first place, nobody ever said they're yours to keep like Rimowa kits or pyjamas.

BR's J menus seem to be of rather high quality paper. So yes, compared with what other airlines offer, I'd imagine the printing costs to be fairly substiantial.

If they decide to cut cost and print lower quality menus, people are going to kick up as big of a fuss. They just can't win.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by daniellam
There is even a sign in the lavatory asking passengers to re-use their toothbrush/towel/other toiletries that they provide complementary. They use the "environment" as an excuse. LOL
How is this not a sound rationale? Obviously costs are part of it too, but come on.

Unless you get your rocks off by being wasteful, this is a stupid thing to be upset about.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 2:21 pm

This is the selection for an upcoming SFO-TPE trip.After reading the less than stellar reviews of the lobster, i am thinking of going with the pork with Five Spice Sauce. Any recommendations?

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet Served with Crystal Pink Salt or Veal Jus/Mixed Vegetables/ Roasted Potatoes
Pork with Five Spice Sauce, Sauteed Scallop with King Oyster Mushroom/Mixed Vegetables/Fried Rice with Mushroom
Seared Stuffed Chicken with Apricot and Cheese with Beurre Blanc/Mixed Vegetables/Mushroom Risotto
Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Scallion Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Stir Fried Beef with Assorted Mushroom in Satay Sauce Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Herb Roasted Lamb Chop with Rosemary Apricot Sauce Served with Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
Kurobuta Pork Chop with Red Wine Glaze Demi Sauce Served with Vegetables and Mushroom Risotto
Old Nov 13, 2017, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by dalameda
This is the selection for an upcoming SFO-TPE trip.After reading the less than stellar reviews of the lobster, i am thinking of going with the pork with Five Spice Sauce. Any recommendations?

Stir Fried Lobster with Ginger and Scallion Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
I have no recommendation. I just had the Lobster last week, and was underwhelmed. It was breaded, but soggy, so not a great presentation/taste. Kind of like fried fish nuggets. The fried rice was soggy. They had cold lobster for an appetizer, and it was much better.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Gold

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet Served with Crystal Pink Salt or Veal Jus/Mixed Vegetables/ Roasted Potatoes
Pork with Five Spice Sauce, Sauteed Scallop with King Oyster Mushroom/Mixed Vegetables/Fried Rice with Mushroom
Seared Stuffed Chicken with Apricot and Cheese with Beurre Blanc/Mixed Vegetables/Mushroom Risotto
Stir Fried Beef with Assorted Mushroom in Satay Sauce Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice
Herb Roasted Lamb Chop with Rosemary Apricot Sauce Served with Vegetables and Roasted Potatoes
Kurobuta Pork Chop with Red Wine Glaze Demi Sauce Served with Vegetables and Mushroom Risotto
What did you end up having? My choices this weekend are the same, and I'm leaning towards the Five Spice Pork too. I've had lobster before ex-SEA and ex-SFO and I won't be fooled again.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by katan
What did you end up having? My choices this weekend are the same, and I'm leaning towards the Five Spice Pork too. I've had lobster before ex-SEA and ex-SFO and I won't be fooled again.
I'm leaving Sunday, I left the choice open.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA GS, Marriott Gold
I'm leaving Sunday, I left the choice open.
Cool. I thanks for responding. I'm on the earlier flight on Sunday, BR17. We may be on the same flight.

Don't let my rather direct comment about the lobster dissuade you too much if that's your thing. I did think it was just not what I was hoping for, but part of me realizes I want something simple for a flight that leaves after midnight. My culinary opinions of dishes that aim high decline quickly as exhaustion sets in. Or I turn into a Gremlin.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
BR11 Debating between -
Standard menu item: Chilean Seabass with Cilantro and Carrot Jus, Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Yukon Gold Potatoes
Exclusive menu item: Roasted Duck with Juniper Cherry Sauce Served with Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by l380
Same experience for me! And they will DEFINITELY collect the menu shortly before arrival. They will look through the entire seat/literature pocket just to find it.... It is really excessive. Surely the menus don't cost that much to print...?
I have just read these amusing comments about BR's menus in J. I recently flew TPE-BKK. The menu printing is impressive, with separate pages covering the segments TPE-BKK, BKK-LHR, LHR-BKK and BKK-TPE. I can see perhaps that they would like to collect them for reuse after each segment. There was a separate drinks menu distributed. I can report that the champagne offered on my flight was Veuve Clicquot La Grande Dame 2006, and the French red wine Chateau Haut Condissas 2011, Médoc. Of course, I am used to UA's much more modest menus.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
I always go with the "Stir Fried Beef with Assorted Mushroom in Satay Sauce Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice" on the supper flights - it is the run of the mill sa cha ( 沙茶酱 ) beef so impossible to mess up. I tried the lamb chops once; flavor was fine but texture was not.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by yhz123
and the second leg from TPE-KUL

recommendations...?

Lunch:

Grilled Beef Fillet with Creamy Caper and Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potatoes
Wok Fried Cod with Crispy Garlic Hong Kong Style Served with Mixed Vegetables and Capsicums with Zucchini Savoury Rice
Teriyaki Chicken Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice
This is funny. They also use that for the dinner menu for the TPE-BKK flights for December.
Halibut is one of the options available on the pre-order and I am leaning to that.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 5:54 am
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by gengar
I always go with the "Stir Fried Beef with Assorted Mushroom in Satay Sauce Served with Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice" on the supper flights - it is the run of the mill sa cha ( 沙茶酱 ) beef so impossible to mess up. I tried the lamb chops once; flavor was fine but texture was not.
My wife agrees with you wholeheartedly. She is of Taiwanese descent and loves that dish. Can't go wrong with it. She was not a fan of the decade old rack of lamb.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:02 pm

Will be flying RL from TPE>JFK this weekend. here are my meal choices:

Dinner

Wok Fried Chicken with Kung Pao Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Creamy Caper and Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Duchesse Potatoes with Beetroot and Turmeric

Pan Fried Chilean Sea Bass Fillet and Shrimp with Chive Cream Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Truffle Mushroom

Exclusive:

Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatoes

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes

Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles

Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal

Noodle Soup with Pork Spareribs, Lotus Seed and Wolfberry with Traditional Delicatessens

Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Braised Tofu with Shiitake Mushroom and Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Asparagus

Mussel and Squid with Pumpkin Ricotta Cheese Ravioli with Kalamata Olive Tomato Concasse

Can anyone give recommendations? I usually gravitate towards the beef (just had it a couple months ago and it was pretty good, but I did just order it and I have read on here that the Duchesse potatoes are inedible. Can anyone confirm that?)

Anyone try the wok fried chicken with Kung Pao sauce? That looks tempting

Thanks!

Last edited by ArtVandelay Industries; Dec 12, 2017 at 2:29 pm Reason: Error
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by ArtVandelay Industries
Will be flying RL from TPE>JFK this weekend. here are my meal choices:

Dinner
Wok Fried Chicken with Kung Pao Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Egg Fried Rice

Grilled USDA Prime Beef Fillet with Crystal Salt or Creamy Caper and Grainy Mustard Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Duchesse Potatoes with Beetroot and Turmeric

Pan Fried Chilean Sea Bass Fillet and Shrimp with Chive Cream Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatoes with Truffle Mushroom

Exclusive:

Grilled Prime Beef Fillet Steak with Herb Maderia Sauce Served with Mixed Vegatables and Duchesse Potatoes

Rack of Lamb Cutlet Coated with Lime Herb Crust with Rosemary Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Red Skin Potatoes

Pan Fried Duck Breast Served with Grand Marnier Sauce with Orange Zest and Mixed Vegetables,Gratinated Red Skin Potatoes

Sauteed Seafood with Cardinal Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Creamy Linguine Noodles

Wok Fried Grouper Fish Fillet with Superior Crab Roe Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Noodles

Roasted Pork Spareribs with Honey Pommery Mustard Sauce,Served with Mixed Vegetables and Mashed Potatos

Braised Pork Tendon and Bailing King Oyster Mushroom in Superior Soy Sauce Served with Mixed Vegetables and Monacolink Rice

Assorted Mushroom with Red Date and Ginkonut in Lotus Leaf Parcel Served with Mixed Vegetables and Steamed Rice with Pearl Barley

Sauteed Seafood with Gremolata Sauce Served with Truffle and Mushroom Risotto and Mixed Vegetables

Healthy Vegetarian Burger Served with Vegetables and French Fries

Refreshing Meal

Noodle Soup with Pork Spareribs, Lotus Seed and Wolfberry with Traditional Delicatessens

Taiwanese Plain Porridge Served with Traditional Delicatessens, Braised Tofu with Shiitake Mushroom and Scrambled Egg with Shrimp and Asparagus

Mussel and Squid with Pumpkin Ricotta Cheese Ravioli with Kalamata Olive Tomato Concasse

Anyone can give recommendations? I usually gravitate towards the beef (just had it a couple months ago and it was pretty good, but I did just order it and I have read on here that the Duchesse potatoes are inedible. Can anyone confirm that?)

Anyone try to wok fried chicken with Kung Pao sauce? That looks tempting

Thanks!

I was on this route late last month,and the menu looks identical. I went with the Sea Bass entree from the regular menu. It was very tasty. Regretfully, I don't have access to my photos this week, as I am sure that I took a picture of it.

I was on the 8AM departure, so I didn't really want anything too heavy that early. Saved some appetite for the mid-flight burger, which was delicious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.