Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: riced
Let's put this in a wiki post!
Please include: route; original class - new class; original price paid; final price; where the upgrade was obtained [via bid or at check-in]; month of flight.First Letter of your last name.
  • AUH-SYD and MEL-AUH, J-F both at $1250 AUD.
  • NRT-AUH Y-J $950USD or ¥110,000JPY offered at check in.
  • AUH-DEL AU$150
  • IST-AUH AU$400.
  • JFK-AUH Y-J US$1,400 at check-in.
  • JFK-AUH Y-J US$1,180.
  • AUH-JFK Y-J US$1,150 (March 2015).
  • JFK-AUH Y-J US$1,100 (April 2015)
  • AUH-GRU J-F AED2575 (€650; US$700) minimum upgrade bid accepted (April 2015)
  • SYD-AUH J-F A380 US$1,050 $50 above min bid. (October 2015)
Print Wikipost

Offered a paid upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: BMI Diamon Club
I booked a flight on Etihad via Expedia... will I still get e-mails about paying to upgrade my ticket, or does that only happen if you book directly with Etihad?
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:53 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by galego
I booked a flight on Etihad via Expedia... will I still get e-mails about paying to upgrade my ticket, or does that only happen if you book directly with Etihad?
no need to book directly trough Etihad. I booked through ebookers and received the email for upgrade (and actually upgraded successfully to F)
Old Dec 24, 2013, 4:18 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by gkl
no need to book directly trough Etihad. I booked through ebookers and received the email for upgrade (and actually upgraded successfully to F)
The T&Cs do actually state you have to book directly through Etihad. In reality, however, this doesn't appear to be adhered to.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:27 pm

Has anyone got this email when on an award booked flight?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 3:37 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by hellyea
Has anyone got this email when on an award booked flight?
Upgraded (in September) my last weeks flight and haven't received any offers
Old Jan 1, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry8700c: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; GT-I9505 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/32.0.1700.58 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Strangely, I got the offer email this week for a coming flight but it's showing zero business class inventory available in expert flyer. Does this mean I shouldn't even bother bidding ?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:03 pm

Just received an email asking me to bid for my flight on the 7th of January - Ticket through a travel agent on an Air Berlin ticket.

SYD -> AUH minimum bid 800 euro
AUH -> MUC minimum bid 400 euro

I reaaaaally feel like bidding for the first leg, but I cannot justify the expense as I already have an exit row seat paid for. I will just suffer and hope for an op-up (hah, dream on...)

Btw, anyone has any idea on the priority for upgrades on Etihad? The fact I have a full Y ticket helps in any way? Was Silver last year, but no status which probably will kill any chance
Old Jan 1, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by mbamps
Just received an email asking me to bid for my flight on the 7th of January - Ticket through a travel agent on an Air Berlin ticket.

SYD -> AUH minimum bid 800 euro
AUH -> MUC minimum bid 400 euro

I reaaaaally feel like bidding for the first leg, but I cannot justify the expense as I already have an exit row seat paid for. I will just suffer and hope for an op-up (hah, dream on...)

Btw, anyone has any idea on the priority for upgrades on Etihad? The fact I have a full Y ticket helps in any way? Was Silver last year, but no status which probably will kill any chance
Top status > Gold > Silver > Full Y
Old Jan 8, 2014, 7:46 pm

YYZ-AUH

YYZ-AUH, minimum offer CAD 1065 accepted
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:14 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Don't know if anyone can answer this but...
I am flying LHR-AUH-BKK on sunday and i've applied for upgrades on both legs.
I've been accepted on the AUH-BKK leg but the LHR-AUH leg is full I think.
Will I be able to use business checkin at LHR as my connection is now business? I'll ask about the lounge when i get there.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by stuie2210
Don't know if anyone can answer this but...
I am flying LHR-AUH-BKK on sunday and i've applied for upgrades on both legs.
I've been accepted on the AUH-BKK leg but the LHR-AUH leg is full I think.
Will I be able to use business checkin at LHR as my connection is now business? I'll ask about the lounge when i get there.
Not without status. You won't be able to use the lounge at LHR either, but you will at AUH.

Those are the 'rules', but it's always worth asking anyway.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:11 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
I received an excellent offer for AUH to BOM (3h30m duration). £75 minimum bid, which was offered and accepted, although unfortunately they fell foul of officious credit card security and had problems charging my credit card in absentia (Verified by Visa getting in the way).

I rang Etihad to see if they could process the upgrade but was told this was not possible as it was done by an external department and the operator was unaware of their weekend opening hours.

I have given another card and hopefully they will reprocess the upgrade before all seats are filled.

I make that £22 ($35) per hour if it comes off - well worth it for the improved food, convenience and comfort of J, not to mention lounge access in AUH.

Edit: I emailed the address they give on the website (SelectUpgrade '{at}' etihad '{dot}' ae) and I have heard back that the upgrade has been successfully processed. Very happy!

Last edited by flyingnomadic; Jan 26, 2014 at 12:42 am
Old Jan 28, 2014, 9:19 pm

Programs: Skywards - Sky Blue - SkyTeam - Etihad
Made offer Manila - AUH 305 Euro
and AUH - Manila 280 Euro
Will see what happens

Got today my upgrade for Manila - AUH. paid 305 Euro. flight is 9.5 hours with 777-300ER.

Last edited by JohanT64; Jan 30, 2014 at 2:52 am Reason: update
Old Feb 9, 2014, 2:54 pm

Programs: CX MP Gold
Maybe a little on the high side but just bid US $1275 for JFK to AUH for biz to first and got it.
Old Feb 10, 2014, 3:29 am

I'm trying to decide on the way to book my flight.

Mrs + Miss Dannyrado are on F award guest seats, obviously there is not one available for me, so i'll be in J.

So, should I get myself a J seat using AA miles (cheapest), EY miles (middling), EY paid (not too bad, actually.)???

Can you paid upgrade either of the two award tickets? Also, if I were to try 'upgrade using EY miles' on the paid ticket, what bucket do I need to look for? Is it the same guestseat bucket? because obviously they've all gone.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.