Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 14, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: riced
Let's put this in a wiki post!
Please include: route; original class - new class; original price paid; final price; where the upgrade was obtained [via bid or at check-in]; month of flight.First Letter of your last name.
  • AUH-SYD and MEL-AUH, J-F both at $1250 AUD.
  • NRT-AUH Y-J $950USD or ¥110,000JPY offered at check in.
  • AUH-DEL AU$150
  • IST-AUH AU$400.
  • JFK-AUH Y-J US$1,400 at check-in.
  • JFK-AUH Y-J US$1,180.
  • AUH-JFK Y-J US$1,150 (March 2015).
  • JFK-AUH Y-J US$1,100 (April 2015)
  • AUH-GRU J-F AED2575 (€650; US$700) minimum upgrade bid accepted (April 2015)
  • SYD-AUH J-F A380 US$1,050 $50 above min bid. (October 2015)
Print Wikipost

Offered a paid upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
My sister has just had an offer to bid €430 or more for Coral to Pearl on DUB-AUH.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
YYZ-AUH [C$825-C$1545]
AUH-KHI [C$155-C$310]

Not worth it, the RT Y fare was $1600 vs a RT J fare of $3300 so this ends up being poorer value than just paying for J to begin with
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:52 pm

LHR-AUH £460-860
AUH-BOM £95-190
BOM-AUH £95-190
AUH-LOS £305-600

Not gonna bother with the shorter AUH-BOM sectors. I'm planning on bidding £500 on each of the longer LHR-AUH and AUH-LOS sectors and will post an update on the outcome...

Update: my £500 bid was accepted for the LHR-AUH sector. Fingers crossed For the AUH-LOS sector...

Last edited by od2859; Apr 2, 2013 at 2:50 pm Reason: Update on results
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:59 am

offered a paid upgrade AUH-BKK and BKK-AUH
offer range USD 400 - USD 895

placed the minimum bid on one leg...AUH-BKK...
Old Apr 12, 2013, 6:21 pm

BNE-SIN and vv
365-~750AUD each way
Old Apr 25, 2013, 6:50 am

still waiting for the outcome...do they actually inform you, if the bid was (not)accepted?

i'm due to fly in less than 48 hours.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:42 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by parabone
still waiting for the outcome...do they actually inform you, if the bid was (not)accepted?

i'm due to fly in less than 48 hours.
I tend to get the responses around T24. They'll email you even if your bid was not successful.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UA Mileage Plus
Does anyone know if I get lounge access in CMB on a PlusGrade upgrade?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:55 pm

short update.

despite my flight takes off in 24 hours, not even a word from EY.

however, when i check My Booking on EY website it seems that i will be flying business AUH - BKK.

i can actualy ''see'' all my flights now, including codeshare with AB affected by the system glitch couple of days ago.there are now two legs from same flight AUH - BKK, one in economy, the other one in business.

i have emailed EY Helpcentre in Scandinavia, asking wheter my bid was accepted or this could be just a consequence of the sistem glitch, as i dont have a confirmation email + new ticket and my bid has still ''pending'' status.

they couldnt say too much, except i will be on business for AUH - BKK.and all should be taken care of at Abu Dhabi Airport(i.e.the ''business class'' thing)...while one of the reasons i place my bid, was access to Etihad Pearl Business Lounge in T3, it seems that i need to cut my short time in AUH(more or less 3 hours) to get issued a new boarding card, because i doubt folks here in CPH have the possibility to issue it, since the 2 first legs of my journey are operated by AirBerlin...and i will check in at AB counter...moreover, i travel 2-3 times a year to Asia with arabic carriers(Emirates and Qatar) and every time i passed the Transit Desk it looked more like a jungle with people shouting and rasing hands, no line...i hope AUH is different...

the gods must know better...

Last edited by parabone; Apr 25, 2013 at 11:05 pm
Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:14 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by ben84
Does anyone know if I get lounge access in CMB on a PlusGrade upgrade?
If you're departing flight from CMB is in business class then yes. Plusgrade upgrades offer the same benefits as regular business tickets, except for the limo transfers and miles bonus.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:16 am

short update.

despite my flight takes off in 24 hours, not even a word from EY.

however, when i check My Booking on EY website it seems that i will be flying business AUH - BKK.

i can actualy ''see'' all my flights now, including codeshare with AB affected by the system glitch couple of days ago.there are now two legs from same flight AUH - BKK, one in economy, the other one in business.

i have emailed EY Helpcentre in Scandinavia, asking wheter my bid was accepted or this could be just a consequence of the sistem glitch, as i dont have a confirmation email + new ticket and my bid has still ''pending'' status.

they couldnt say too much, except i will be on business for AUH - BKK.and all should be taken care of at Abu Dhabi Airport(i.e.the ''business class'' thing)...while one of the reasons i place my bid, was access to Etihad Pearl Business Lounge in T3, it seems that i need to cut my short time in AUH(more or less 3 hours) to get issued a new boarding card, because i doubt folks here in CPH have the possibility to issue it, since the 2 first legs of my journey are operated by AirBerlin...and i will check in at AB counter...moreover, i travel 2-3 times a year to Asia with arabic carriers(Emirates and Qatar) and every time i passed the Transit Desk it looked more like a jungle with people shouting and rasing hands, no line...i hope AUH is different...

the gods must know better...
Do you have EY status? It's possible (although unlikely) that your J leg is the result of an Opup, rather than Plusgrade.

As for your BP, go straight to the lounge and get them to print you a new BP there.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Do you have EY status? It's possible (although unlikely) that your J leg is the result of an Opup, rather than Plusgrade.

As for your BP, go straight to the lounge and get them to print you a new BP there.
no status at all.
joined EY Guest couple of months ago.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 3:35 am

no status at all.
joined EY Guest couple of months ago.
Well, it's still possible, but it's likely your POUG has been processed but for whatever reason you haven't received the email. Checked your junk folder?

If Air Berlin can't give you your J BP (I see no reason why they wouldn't), the lounge will be able to do so.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 5:42 am

Very quick update.my bid was accepted and i will be travelling business AUH-BKK. They sent only confirmation email.still waiting for a new eticket, but i dont see why this should be a problem.i assume the whole thing goes electronically and staff at checkin will be able to see the upgrade..i am on my way to airport and didnt have time to print the (un)sent ticket.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 6:56 am

Very quick update.my bid was accepted and i will be travelling business AUH-BKK. They sent only confirmation email.still waiting for a new eticket, but i dont see why this should be a problem.i assume the whole thing goes electronically and staff at checkin will be able to see the upgrade..i am on my way to airport and didnt have time to print the (un)sent ticket.
Won't be a problem. Enjoy business class.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.