FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest-692/)
-   -   Offered a paid upgrade (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1329782-offered-paid-upgrade.html)

divingdancer Mar 28, 2012 2:11 am

Offered a paid upgrade

I just received an email from Etihad offering a paid upgrade up to Pearl Bus Class. I have to make an offer but don't get paid until Friday 30th.

Does anyone know how long the offer remains open? If I accept now and they debit my card there won't be sufficient in the account.

Could really do with the upgrade on the second leg as it is overnight and I will need my sleep.

Goingtheresoon Mar 28, 2012 5:01 am

Originally Posted by divingdancer (Post 18287429)
I just received an email from Etihad offering a paid upgrade up to Pearl Bus Class. I have to make an offer but don't get paid until Friday 30th.

Does anyone know how long the offer remains open? If I accept now and they debit my card there won't be sufficient in the account.

Could really do with the upgrade on the second leg as it is overnight and I will need my sleep.

I am in Bangkok right now and I just took the offer for an upgrade to Business class. The journey is BKK to AUH and it cost me just under 300€. It didn't come with lounge access but I have priority pass anyway.
They said, I'll get the Biz miles as well for the flight. Should be the Boeing 777-ER so flat bed :-)

divingdancer Apr 5, 2012 2:51 am

I GOT THE UPGRADE :):):):):)

Got my email this morning confirming that I got the upgrade to business class. Quite excited as it will be my first time in business class. I am also now silver so should be able to use the lounge at AUH, though am not sure about the lounge at JNB.

DM2000 Apr 6, 2012 4:45 pm

divingdancer

May I ask how much you offered for the upgrade?

bartla Jun 16, 2012 8:17 am

Etihad bid for upgrade: trip report Pearl Business Class BKK-AUH B777-300ER

Hi,

Here's my trip report on successful Etihad Y to C upgrade bid: Pearl Business Class BKK-AUH on B777-300ER

http://travel.bart.la/2012/06/12/eti...bi-b777-300er/

Thanks!

divingdancer Jun 16, 2012 11:54 am

Great trip report Bartla. I was one of the last in business to board so was a bit wary of getting the phone or the camera out for pics. I have to confess to having a good 'play' with the seat- well, even on a daytime flight you must check out the flatbed.

Food, drink and the CC service were all excellent and I too wish it had been a longer flight. (My next leg was delayed by an hour due to a medical emergency but I was in Y then :td: and it would have been great to have been spoiled a bit longer).

Can't wait for my next Etihad trip.

bartla Jun 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by divingdancer (Post 18767326)
Great trip report Bartla.
Can't wait for my next Etihad trip.

Thanks for your feedback Divingdancer. Enjoy your next (let's hope upgraded) trip with Etihad! :)

tinkybelle Jun 19, 2012 8:56 pm

when an offer is accepted can you all post here what the offer was
so we can keep track of the prices thanks.

bartla Jun 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by tinkybelle (Post 18786346)
when an offer is accepted can you all post here what the offer was
so we can keep track of the prices thanks.

EY403 BKK-AUH Coral Economy to Pearl Business Class $380 (CHF360, €304)

airplanepeanuts Jun 27, 2012 8:30 pm

how was the business class experience!? Let us know the details.

Omar84 Jun 28, 2012 12:32 am

With regards to folks who successfully got the upgrade, could you tell me if your bids were the minimum price or more than that?

I have been quoted 680 (UAE) Dhs (about 190 dollars) from DOH-AUH for the minimum price before. But for an hour flight it aint worth it. Even if you get the chauffeur service its only $20 to take an executive cab to most places in Abu Dhabi.

bartla Jul 6, 2012 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Omar84 (Post 18834359)
With regards to folks who successfully got the upgrade, could you tell me if your bids were the minimum price or more than that?

I placed the minimum bid, which was accepted. See the link in my previous post for more details. Thanks.

c2lass Jul 8, 2012 2:46 am

Great report and photos and thanks for sharing.

We are flying Etihad in Jan next year from MAN to AUH. This will be our first flight with Etihad and very excited about that. We even paid a couple of hundred pounds more to fly Etihad rather than KLM or LH who we usually fly with.

I too got the email informing us about the bid and we will be contacted nearer the flight. It would be my dream to be upgraded as sadly I could never ever afford a business class ticket.

I would be very interested to see what the minimum price would be for MAN-AUH

Thanks again.

RowH Jul 12, 2012 4:55 am

MAN-AUH is £406 for a paid upgrade at the airport Y to C. This includes the approx £60 additional govt tax for C class payable for a normal upgrade or upgrade with miles.

I've just been emailed the paid upgrade offer Y to C for AUH-MAN. The slider goes from £420 (low chance) to £800+ (four green bar chance). I would guess MAN-AUH range is the same. AUH departure tax is the same for Y or C so it's possible that it could be £60 more from UK.

Interested to see other experiences of this. I have a full fare flexible Y class ticket so I was hoping for a modest £100-200 fee to upgrade (about the difference between one-way Y class and a discounted business fare on this route). But the slider doesn't go that low :(

I get the impression this offer costing somewhere between an airport upgrade and a fare difference upgrade on the phone.

RowH Jul 12, 2012 4:57 am

Originally Posted by bartla (Post 18878860)
I placed the minimum bid, which was accepted. See the link in my previous post for more details. Thanks.

For comparison, I paid €340 for an airport upgrade Y to C on KUL-AUH last year.