Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2021, 5:53 am

change of pcr entry policy coming?

It says on Ek website that some countries dont need pcr for entry anymore if vaccinated
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:33 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by moebod
It says on Ek website that some countries dont need pcr for entry anymore if vaccinated
Have you got a link to that? I can't seem to see it.

Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2021, 7:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Have you got a link to that? I can't seem to see it.

Thanks
https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/...nts/residents/
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:15 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
All passengers travelling to Dubai from France, Germany, Spain, or Switzerland between 31 October 2021 and 21 November 2021 will be accepted for travel if they meet the following conditions:
  • Present a negative COVID‑19 RT‑PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before departure
or
  • Present a vaccination certificate for vaccination administered in France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland or the United Arab Emirates
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:24 am

I don’t understand why it’s only until the 21st Nov? I’m travelling to Dubai on the 25th.
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:30 am
Ambassador, Emirates

Programs: SA KL BA EK
Originally Posted by Pandor
I don’t understand why it’s only until the 21st Nov? I’m travelling to Dubai on the 25th.
Don't worry, it's not you!

Nobody is supposed to understand any Covid regulations imposed by whatever authority anywhere. That would be way to difficult.
For me personally, some make sense but many more do not. But trying to understand (or even worse) fight them, is futile. Just do as you are told. Better for your emotional state...
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Skywards Silver
That is fab news! I am flying from ZRH to DXB on 13 November and now will be saving CHF165 for the PCR Test👍
Old Nov 3, 2021, 8:59 am

But shouldnt it be on a goverment website. I dont think emirates makes border policy?!
Why these countries? does it make sense?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 12:18 pm

Maybe there's some festival/event/holiday happening with these countries for next few weeks and someone high up wanted to make it easy for their group?
Old Nov 3, 2021, 3:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond , Marriott Gold, Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Pandor
Most likely after 21st , there will be an update that includes other countries .
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:57 am
Suspended

Sorry, in case this has not been asked: How fast can I expect results from the PCR on arrival? Is using the test for a (non-EK) departure 15 hours after arrival risky? My existing PCR that I will use to enter DXB should also still have validity..
Old Nov 4, 2021, 12:36 pm

My educated guess would be that this might be a trial run, with later expansion to further low-risk destinations over the holiday season. There have been rumours floating around Dubai lately saying that pre-departure PCR tests might be eliminated for travel to Dubai.
Pandor likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mpkz
Sorry, in case this has not been asked: How fast can I expect results from the PCR on arrival? Is using the test for a (non-EK) departure 15 hours after arrival risky? My existing PCR that I will use to enter DXB should also still have validity..
Results are really fast usually 6-8 hours for the PCR on arrival at DXB airport. My fastest was 2.5 hours but that was at a very quiet time of day
mpkz likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:45 am

Can anyone confirm that children under 12 do not need a PCR test to enter Dubai? I'm traveling from MLE and considering switching my flight from Etihad to Emirates just for better flight times, but want to make sure I'm doing this properly. Just super paranoid I'm misreading these things these days. Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:32 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I don't think it's been mentioned on here, but the free Covid-19 travel insurance ends for tickets purchased after 1st December 2021.

https://www.emirates.com/english/bef...vel-insurance/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.