Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2021, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I cant get a straight answer.
Flying in from Europe (not on EK) with PCR test
Departing about 12 hours after arrival in DXB (on EK) within the validity time of the European test

Is there/was there some sort of rule that EK will not permit to use tests taken outside the UAE if said test was already used to enter the UAE?
Old Oct 19, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Is there/was there some sort of rule that EK will not permit to use tests taken outside the UAE if said test was already used to enter the UAE?
I believe it was written somewhere on EK website that you couldnt use the same test. But i have and no others who have used the same test certificate, so long as it is issued within the correct time frame
Old Oct 19, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: Skywards, QF FF
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
I believe it was written somewhere on EK website that you couldnt use the same test. But i have and no others who have used the same test certificate, so long as it is issued within the correct time frame
EK's covid guide says: "COVID‑19 RT‑PCR test certificates must be issued by an authorised facility in the passenger's departure country. Certificates that have already been presented for travel to another destination can't be used for re‑entry even if they are still within the validity period."
Old Oct 19, 2021, 8:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dijonspurs
Folks, has anyone heard of anyone being denied boarding en route to Dubai because the PCR test was done in a different country than that of origin?

I'm flying LHR-CDG (BA) on a Friday and CDG-BAH-DXB (GF) on the Saturday.

The 23 hours I have in Paris aren't enough time to guarantee a PCR test result if done there, so I would do it in London on the Thursday.

The EK website is hard to interpret: 'COVID‑19 RT‑PCR test certificates must be issued by an authorised facility in the passenger's departure country. Certificates that have already been presented for travel to another destination can't be used for re‑entry even if they are still within the validity period.'

The first point is impossible to achieve in Paris, the second point is moot as I won't have needed to present the PCR test done in London to enter France (not that they'd know anyway).

The real risk is the Gulf Air check in agent at CDG - can anyone put my mind at rest here? (sorry, I know it's GF not EK but figured i'd get a quicker answer here!).
Let me know how this goes. Have a similar scenario coming up, just with EK instead of GF.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by petit_manchot
EK's covid guide says: "COVID‑19 RT‑PCR test certificates must be issued by an authorised facility in the passenger's departure country. Certificates that have already been presented for travel to another destination can't be used for re‑entry even if they are still within the validity period."
This is the paragraph i was mentioning earlier... it is stated, but from personal experience and 2 other colleagues, it is not enforced. So long as the cert is valid timing and has negative clearly showing, they dont inspect it much further than that.
Andrew35K likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2021, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by petit_manchot
So they cant be used for re-entry to the UAE? Thats the way i m reading it.
Like if you go for a day trip from the UAE, you cant use the test you took in the UAE before departure to come back, that makes sense.

Good to hear this is a non-issue
Old Oct 20, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by rankourabu
So they cant be used for re-entry to the UAE? Thats the way i m reading it.
Like if you go for a day trip from the UAE, you cant use the test you took in the UAE before departure to come back, that makes sense.

Good to hear this is a non-issue
cant see this being enforced
Old Oct 21, 2021, 8:10 am

Programs: MR Plat
I was staying in the marina area also when i got Al Tadawi to come to me at The Address hotel.
9pm is about right for you. If you land at 6:30pm its a quiet time for EK immigration and you will have missed most of the traffic on SZR, so i would expect you will be at Grosvenor house no later than 8pm-8:30pm. If you are running late because of a delayed flight or anything, you can just whatsapp them and ask them to wait for you to arrive.

The other alternative is Kings College Hospital Dubai Marina which is about 5-10 min walk around the marina boardwalk from Grosvenor House and PCR will cost 50AED ($14) only. But they may be closed for the day by the time you arrive at the hotel.
Having some issues getting an appointment that evening so may have to do the test at King's College. It sounds like they're open until midnight based on their website. Is the quickest way to walk over the D94 bridge? If we did a cab, will they be mad at the short drive?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:20 am

Yes go across the d94 bridge and down in front of the marriott onto the boardwalk, Kings College Hospital is minutes walk from there. Cab wont be annoyed, but it really is very close to walk it. I didnt know they are open until midnight
Globex likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: MR Plat
Yes go across the d94 bridge and down in front of the marriott onto the boardwalk, Kings College Hospital is minutes walk from there. Cab wont be annoyed, but it really is very close to walk it. I didnt know they are open until midnight
Thank you! For Dubai Marina, their clinic hours says 8am-8pm but in email correspondence today, they said to come as a walk-in anytime from 8am-11pm which seems to correspond to their 8am-midnight hours on their website.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
What about a COVID test that was taken in UAE, would you be able to re-enter with it to DXB if the test is not older than 72 hours from departure of your inbound flight?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by LXA350
What about a COVID test that was taken in UAE, would you be able to re-enter with it to DXB if the test is not older than 72 hours from departure of your inbound flight?
I dont see why not. So long as the test is valid and within the time frame i dont see it being a problem
Old Oct 27, 2021, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold Lifetime, AA 2M, Delta 2M, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Club, EK Platinum
Emed Proctored Test

This has probably been asked and answered.

Flying EK CPT-DXB-IAD. Will EK accept the Emed proctored test for travel. Accepted for entry to USA and I have used many times.

Strictly interpreted... this does not meet what is on the EK website.Travel from South Africa and transferring in Dubai
  • Must present a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before departure and comply with the requirements of their final destination.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysOnTheRoad
This has probably been asked and answered.

Flying EK CPT-DXB-IAD. Will EK accept the Emed proctored test for travel. Accepted for entry to USA and I have used many times.

Strictly interpreted... this does not meet what is on the EK website.Travel from South Africa and transferring in Dubai
  • Must present a negative COVID‑19 PCR test certificate for a test taken no more than 72 hours before departure and comply with the requirements of their final destination.
the rapid tests proctored by emed aren't pcr so am assuming no.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 10:38 pm

Programs: EK, AA, DL, UA, SPG, HGP, Amex
Originally Posted by LXA350
Gate agent may not pay attention and let you pass, but re-entry on same test is not allowed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.