Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
If you're just looking to go to EXPO, there's no need for a COVID test. You just need proof of vaccination.
Is the expo PCR test open 24 hours? Will be arriving DXB at 3:00 and would like to get this.
Old Feb 23, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum
We just landed and went to the free pcr testing before getting on the train to baggage claim. At first the airport workers tried to dissuade us (since we were coming from the USA and are vaccinated), but after a little convincing with our next flight in < 72hrs, they walked us over. No wait, got the QR stickers on our passports and should have our results in a few hours.

I didn't see any mention of hours.

Last edited by elsenor; Feb 23, 2022 at 9:44 am Reason: spacing
Old Feb 24, 2022, 11:14 am

Another datapoint - landed in DXB from USA, so officially don't need a test and that's what the airport staff told me when I first tried to go get the free on-arrival test (usually reserved for some country arrivals). But then around the same time, a flight from TelAviv had landed also and those passengers do need a test, so I quietly just followed their crowd instead of the US passengers and got my free pcr test for arriving passengers (needed the test for a green alhosn pass).

I did also see the other facility for free expo covid test, right before immigration to the right under escalators, orange sign (as mentioned by the poster above), but atleast around 7-8pm there was no one in that facility (i went in there no attendants etc to take a test), and the signage also pretty clearly said its only for UAE nationals.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:21 pm

Just thought I would add here.

We no longer need Covid Tests to enter Dubai if you are vaxinated https://www.khaleejtimes.com/uae/new...und-travellers

Only unvaxinated need a test 48 hours prior. At the same point if transiting only end points requirements now apply.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:57 pm

Programs: SPG, HHonors
So, no more PCR to board locally?

If you live in Dubai and flying outbound is the PCR test not required now, for vaccinated and if the destination doesn’t need it?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 7:09 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by suley

We no longer need Covid Tests to enter Dubai if you are vaxinated https://www.khaleejtimes.com/uae/new...und-travellers

Only unvaxinated need a test 48 hours prior. At the same point if transiting only end points requirements now apply.
Quite interesting! This must be pretty new. Am I reading this right. For a vaccinated USA citizen traveling from LAX to DXB will NOT need a PCR test to enter Dubai?

It does say an approved vaccination certificate with a QR code. Wondering what that is, as the USA does not have that type of vaccine certificate.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:33 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Quite interesting! This must be pretty new. Am I reading this right. For a vaccinated USA citizen traveling from LAX to DXB will NOT need a PCR test to enter Dubai?

It does say an approved vaccination certificate with a QR code. Wondering what that is, as the USA does not have that type of vaccine certificate.
A lot of local health authorities, Walgreens, Walmart, and others now offer SMART card compatible vaccine receipts with QR codes. Check it out, far easier to use and read than the cdc card.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 5:40 am

Originally Posted by tpsmith82

For the first question, answer is yes, seems now updated on EK site
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xobile
A lot of local health authorities, Walgreens, Walmart, and others now offer SMART card compatible vaccine receipts with QR codes. Check it out, far easier to use and read than the cdc card.
For the first question, answer is yes, seems now updated on EK site
This is great news! We plan to depart in less than 2 weeks and this will save nearly $400 and most importantly make travel much more certain.

The website is quite vague on what will be accepted for QR code. We did get the EU qr code from Switzerland for our travels in Europe. I would assume those would work??? Guess I'll check at Walgreens to see what they offer.

Would be wonderful if someone might update with experience when departing a EK USA gateway.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by xobile
California offers digital vaccine cards to ca residents with a SMART qr code.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:36 am

Any FT recommendations for places in DXB to get a pre-departure PCR or supervised RAT test if the destination country requires one?

Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2022, 5:23 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Any FT recommendations for places in DXB to get a pre-departure PCR or supervised RAT test if the destination country requires one?

Thanks!
There are literally dozens of options for cheap PCR in dubai. I prefer to get it done at my hotel,

JustLife will send someone out to you for AED169 ($40) results in 24 hours.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: oneworld Rusty Iron; Starwood Aluminum

Wow that's great. But crazy my wife and I missed out on this by ~3 days lol.
Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:05 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Old Feb 27, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: DL PM
I posted this on the coronavirus forums but I thought I would also try here: what does Dubai mean as “fully vaccinated?” Does that require booster? I fly in a little more than a week to DXB but only 2x vaxxed, and that tightening 48-hr PCR requirement has a good chance of sinking my trip.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.