Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates COVID test and other questions

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:32 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wooootles
I posted this on the coronavirus forums but I thought I would also try here: what does Dubai mean as “fully vaccinated?” Does that require booster? I fly in a little more than a week to DXB but only 2x vaxxed, and that tightening 48-hr PCR requirement has a good chance of sinking my trip.
2 shots counts as fully vaccinated. No booster is required for entry to Dubai.
wooootles likes this.

Last edited by modularmayhem; Feb 28, 2022 at 6:37 am
Old Feb 28, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: Avis - PP, Bonvoy - Plat, BA - Bro, Hilton - Dia, Miles&More - FTL, Skywards - Sil, Sixt - Plat
Originally Posted by modularmayhem
2 shots counts as fully vaccinated
That's very interesting because for UAE residents (especially those who are trying to get in to malls and hotels in Abu Dhabi) the Al Hosn vaccine passport app does not recognise 2 shots + six months as fully vaccinated, and even with a PCR the app shows grey rather than green. It's caused a bit of a problem for a work colleague of mine who hasn't had the booster, and is required to show a green Al Hosn to be allowed in to the office.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 6:38 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold
Ive updated reply to say 2 shots counts as fully vaxxed for entry to Dubai (not UAE), as Abu Dhabi may have different rules.
Old Feb 28, 2022, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM
Thanks so much, should give me a peace of mind!
Old Mar 1, 2022, 8:06 pm

Binax or Azova in Dubai to get back to US Air France

Flying air france from dubai back to usa at end of month.

can i purchase binax or azova teleheath tests and test in dubai and use it to come back to usa. Will be easier then setting up pcr tests for my family

cant find any info online if they work in dubai
Old Mar 1, 2022, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL PM
Another question, would gogetdoc.com VaxYes be an acceptable form of QR code for EK flights to DXB? I am a US citizen whose state unfortunately banned "vaccine passports" so I can't get a digital vaccine record like, say, a Californian can get theirs.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tdalal
Flying air france from dubai back to usa at end of month.

can i purchase binax or azova teleheath tests and test in dubai and use it to come back to usa. Will be easier then setting up pcr tests for my family

cant find any info online if they work in dubai
I bought the binnax now tests and didn't want to chance it. When flying back last week, the check in agent specifically asked for a PCR test. You can book an in home/hotel test from amer247.com. That's who I used and they came to our hotel room at 1AM the day prior for a 2am flight back to NY.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by haner
I bought the binnax now tests and didn't want to chance it. When flying back last week, the check in agent specifically asked for a PCR test. You can book an in home/hotel test from amer247.com. That's who I used and they came to our hotel room at 1AM the day prior for a 2am flight back to NY.
I'd be curious on this as well. Form what I understand only Emirates is requiring PCR tests on their direct flights to the US; other European airlines I would think you would be fine with the e-proctored rapid antigen test. Looking at the FLM/Air France website you only need to be vaccinated for DXB to CDG and then vaccinated and antigen or pcr test from CDG to SFO. I'm making this trip in a couple week so will need to do some research to get greater confidence.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 12:37 am

Programs: TG Platinum
For clarification does this mean if I fly from BKK to JFK transiting via Dubai I only need a Antigen Test?

"Please be advised Emirates will not accept COVID‑19 antigen tests for travel to the USA on direct Emirates flights for passengers originating their journey from Dubai. Passengers joining in Athens or Milan, or transiting via Dubai, may present negative antigen tests taken at the point of departure."

Thanks in advance for any answers
John
Old Mar 4, 2022, 1:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Does Emirates accept the physical CDC vaccine card for check-in in the USA?
Old Mar 4, 2022, 3:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SvenB1414
Does Emirates accept the physical CDC vaccine card for check-in in the USA?
Also looking for some recent data points as to what is accepted departing from USA.

According to the Emirates website the CDC card would not be sufficient. The website states that a QR code is needed. But again, some recent data points would be great.

I'm wondering if as a US citizen with a CDC card & a Swiss Covid certificate with a QR code if this would be accepted. Seems silly and should be accepted since this is a valid EU QR code, but you never know.

I will certainly update my experience on the 10th as that is when we are traveling.
Old Mar 5, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR
It looks like effective 5 March the Maldives have removed the requirement to have a PCR test for fully vaccinated travellers
Old Mar 5, 2022, 2:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just called EK and tried to get routed through to their COVID question customer service. I spoke with a lady and gave her our situation, about no QR code on CDC vaccine card. She assured me that NO code is needed if the printed document is an accepted certificate from the country of departure?? She kept trying to point me to the EK website where it mentions

"Note that printed or digital PCR test certificates, or vaccination certificates, are accepted in English or Arabic and must include a QR code. SMS certificates are not accepted. COVID‑19 PCR Test or Vaccination certificates in other languages are acceptable if they can be validated at the departure point."

and said the printed documents are accepted. But in my reding of this it seems to still say must include QR code. So, all in all a bit confused, but at least they are saying no QR code needed? Either way, we do have the Swiss QR code which should be sufficient, but as mentioned before I'll be sure to update our experience on Thursday.

Any thoughts?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 7:34 am

Programs: UA GS, AA PLAT, DL PLAT, EK SILVER
Originally Posted by 137677
It looks like effective 5 March the Maldives have removed the requirement to have a PCR test for fully vaccinated travellers
True, but Emirates still thinks you need to have a PCR test (perhaps TIMATIC hasn't updated). Any recent reports on this?
Old Mar 7, 2022, 8:15 am

Fyi, Emirates updated their website today.

Exemptions

The following categories of travellers are exempt from the pre‑departure COVID‑19 PCR testing requirement:
  • All Passengers and airline crew travelling to the Maldives are exempted from pre‑entry PCR requirement, if they have completed the prescribed dose(s) of a COVID‑ l9 Vaccine approved by the World Health organization in Emergency Use Listing (EUL) or the Maldives Food and Drug Authority and at least 14 (fourteen) days have passed after the prescribed doses(s), Prior to entry into the Maldives.
  • Children below one year old
  • Flight crew arriving on General Declaration and not exceeding a stay of 7 days
Passengers who have recovered from COVID‑19

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.