Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2014

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Originally Posted by adambisi
Could go DXB-HAV/SDQ/NAS/CUN-MEX as well. If the Mexican government allowed local traffic between MEX and MIA then EK would probably already have this one announced.
Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
"As for the A380. I can't see Lufthansa, Emirates, and Turkish send the A380 to MEX. I can see Air France but that's about it"

Turkish hasn`t any A380.

Can a 777/200LR fly non-stop DXB-MEX? I can`t see EK flying to MEX via USA.
As San Gottardo explained, it makes non sense.....but I can imagine through Europe.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Trouble with a stop in the US is, that people going to MEX would still need to get off and go through US immigration. Which means having a Visa for many travellers. For instance, an Indian going from Delhi to Mexico has to get a US Visa even if he doesn't want to go to the US but straight to Mexico. I am not sure if Emirates wants to make its passengers go through such an ordeal, it would make the route much less attractive.
Unless of course DXB gets the US pre-clearance facility they've been angling for

As for MEX-USA-DXB flights, EK has fifth freedom rights secured with Mexico, so that's a non issue.
Old May 25, 2014, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Face81
Unless of course DXB gets the US pre-clearance facility they've been angling for
That makes no difference. All passengers would still need to meet US entry requirements
Old May 25, 2014, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by blagger
That makes no difference. All passengers would still need to meet US entry requirements
Air New Zealand have a flight throuigh LAX where this is not the case.

Maybe the US authorities could wake up and extend this facility.
Old May 25, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)

As for MEX-USA-DXB flights, EK has fifth freedom rights secured with Mexico, so that's a non issue.
But there is a Mexico-USA bilateral that only allows two airlines for each nation (US and Mexico) to serve a market such as MIA-MEX (FLL is included). I believe that is where the complication lies.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: EK Gold
Dubai is not angling for US pre-clearance. Please see elsewhere in this forum; there are lots of reasons this makes no sense for EK and Dubai.
Old May 25, 2014, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Off-topic, but Qatar Airways is starting cargo flights from DOH-MEX, apparently non-stop:

http://gulfnews.com/business/aviatio...oute-1.1338241

This shows that, at least in a cargo configuration, the 777 can viably make it. It also, I suppose, increases the likelihood of passenger service if it is supported by a cargo market.
Old May 26, 2014, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by ft101

Not true. All passengers must disembark and go through immigration when landing on US soil. NZ passengers go through a special transit CBP area, but non-US passengers still need ESTA or visa.
Old May 26, 2014, 12:42 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Not true. All passengers must disembark and go through immigration when landing on US soil. NZ passengers go through a special transit CBP area, but non-US passengers still need ESTA or visa.
Right.

Currently same flight number same day through passengers are processed through immigration in a holding pen in T2. Later this year NZ moves to TBIT and all through passengers will be processed at regular immigration (just as for example ICN-GRU passengers on KE are).
Old May 26, 2014, 3:29 pm

So perhaps it'll be DXB-MIA-HAV and DXB-BCN-MEX...??

UAE signs airline deal with Cuba

Dubai: The UAE has signed an ‘open skies’ agreement with Cuba.

The agreement stipulates that all national carriers of both parties will have the right to perform scheduled air services between the two countries.

The agreement was signed by Saif Mohammad Al Suwaidi, Director General of the UAE General Civil Aviation Authority, during his visit to the Caribbean island country.

The UAE delegation designated all Emirati national airlines under the agreement.

WAM
Copyright © Gulf News.
http://bit.ly/1jScowT
Old May 27, 2014, 6:33 am

So perhaps it'll be DXB-MIA-HAV and DXB-BCN-MEX...??

http://bit.ly/1jScowT
Is that even possible? What are the chances we can see that, in your opinion?
Old May 27, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Patriots
Zero, in the case of DXB-MIA-HAV. Even assuming, which I find hard to comprehend, that HAV is a viable market for Emirates, it seems unrealistic that it would connect in the U.S. I assume that the U.S. government would have to approve such a route, and why would they?

Of course, if/when the embargo is lifted, then it's a whole different story. Maybe they are planning ahead for that day.
Old May 27, 2014, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by ft101

Probably not for a while. I don't think they ever consider SYD-LAX or MEL-LAX. Way too much competitive against VA, DL, UA, QF. Too extremely overcrowded!!
Old May 27, 2014, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Patriots
It's hard to know what to make of the open skies bilaterals, but with 5th freedom rights cropping in a few places, it's only a matter of time before EK joins up the dots.

HAV may be off the cards for a whole, but I expect MEX to be an EK point soon....
Old May 28, 2014, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Right, you have go to international transit lounge. You will continue the journey to your final destinations cities. You don't have to leave from Immigrations & Customs. You don't have re-clear at TSA checkpoint again. Just stay in the international transit lounge.
Old May 28, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Going from B777-300ER to an A380 from July for the Mumbai service:
DUBAI, U.A.E, 28th May 2014 Emirates, a global connector of people and places will expand its A380 network to 28 destinations, when it launches a daily A380 service to Mumbai International Airport on 21st July.
EK 500 and EK 501 between Dubai and Mumbai will be up-scaled to a three-class A380 aircraft, representing with a capacity increase of 2,127 seats per week in each direction. This offers passengers flying to India from key destinations in North America and Europe the chance to experience Emirates’ hugely popular flagship aircraft on this route.
http://www.emirates.com/uk/english/a...rticle=1672725

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.