Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 12:56 pm

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Platinum
India

So there will be no new destinations in India for Emirates:
http://www.thenational.ae/business/i...seats-to-india

According to the article, EK should get ~7,700 additional seats. Expecting announcements very soon, so maybe a little guessing game is in order for the allocation? :-)

My thoughts:
1) 10PM departures to BOM and DEL move from 77W to 388.
2) Round up of a few 10/11/12 weekly services (e.g. AMD, TRV, etc) to double daily.
3) Upgauge of some services (eg 2140 to HYD) from 332 to 77W.

Better informed/educated perspectives appreciated.
Old May 4, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: EK Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by rahultodi33
My thoughts:
THe irony in that is that EK500 (incoming to BOM dep 10:30 pm) is never more than 60-70% full and the outgoing EK501 (4:30 am departure) is typically sold out a week or two in advance.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:51 am

I would imagine that Emirates would put an emphasis on trying to phase out the 772s as quickly as possible. Replacing these with 77Ws leads to a big jump in the number of seats per week.
Old May 5, 2014, 12:45 pm

I rean in an article this afternoon about emirates starting at least 12 routes this year. So knowing that with Brussels being the eighth, we still have another 4 new routes at least. What are those routes?
Old May 5, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub

I re-read the entire thread, but cannot figure out what the 8 new destinations are. Brussels, Oslo, Chicago, Kano, Abuja - that's five. Which ones am I missing?

Also, what is the summary of destinations that get (or have got) an upgauge to A380 in 2014? Not including one off's: Dallas, Los Angeles, the second Moscow flight, Zurich, the third Paris flight, the second Munich flight, the second Mauritius flights, another Bangkok flight, return of one of the Amsterdam flights, Kuwait, Mumbai, Delhi - which ones have I forgotten?
Old May 5, 2014, 9:56 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Miles & More, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
I re-read the entire thread, but cannot figure out what the 8 new destinations are. Brussels, Oslo, Chicago, Kano, Abuja - that's five. Which ones am I missing?

Also, what is the summary of destinations that get (or have got) an upgauge to A380 in 2014? Not including one off's: Dallas, Los Angeles, the second Moscow flight, Zurich, the third Paris flight, the second Munich flight, the second Mauritius flights, another Bangkok flight, return of one of the Amsterdam flights, Kuwait, Mumbai, Delhi - which ones have I forgotten?
Anecdotal evidence: I've been on the 380 out of ZRH a couple of times this year. In Feb, it was full to the last seat on the upper deck, but about 100 free seats in Y. Last week (spring holidays?), it was 70% in F, full in J and only about 5 free in Y.
Old May 5, 2014, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by Turicus
Anecdotal evidence: I've been on the 380 out of ZRH a couple of times this year. In Feb, it was full to the last seat on the upper deck, but about 100 free seats in Y. Last week (spring holidays?), it was 70% in F, full in J and only about 5 free in Y.
Originally Posted by San Gottardo

This year emirates added and will add so far: Taipei, Kiev, Boston, Kano, Abuja, Chicago, Oslo and Brussels. So there are 4 new routes unaccounted for.

As for the A380 up gauges I am not sure.
Old May 6, 2014, 12:44 am

I would say Budapest, Miami, Mexico City, and Santiago could be the potential next four.

Is Kiev still running, or did they drop it?
Old May 6, 2014, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by NOIR
I would say Budapest, Miami, Mexico City, and Santiago could be the potential next four.

Is Kiev still running, or did they drop it?
For now they still operate to Kiev but they are reducing the frequency.
Old May 6, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by rahultodi33
So there will be no new destinations in India for Emirates:
http://www.thenational.ae/business/i...seats-to-india

According to the article, EK should get ~7,700 additional seats. Expecting announcements very soon, so maybe a little guessing game is in order for the allocation? :-)

My thoughts:
2) Round up of a few 10/11/12 weekly services (e.g. AMD, TRV, etc) to double daily.
3) Upgauge of some services (eg 2140 to HYD) from 332 to 77W.

Better informed/educated perspectives appreciated.
No chance of 332's being moved off India until there is no alternative.
Old May 6, 2014, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by NOIR
Miami with a Mexico City tag on, Helsinki, Budapest, and Santiago are my guesses...
Old May 6, 2014, 8:08 pm

This EK to MIA is getting old. It's not happening anytime soon. It would be nice. But I can't see it for now. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Old May 7, 2014, 6:54 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by planespotterek
For now they still operate to Kiev but they are reducing the frequency.
They also increased the RT fare in F from Dubai from just under Aed6k to about Aed24k. .
Old May 8, 2014, 12:16 pm

A380 to Mumbai

Not officially announced yet, but appears that the A380 is bound to replace one of the five flights to Mumbai from July.

The article also mentions upgrades of aircraft to Delhi, Hyderabad, and other Mumbai flights.

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/Te...-to-India.html
Old May 8, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: EK Gold
EK39 arrives into BHX at around 06:30 now while the runway work is going on, it usually left Dubai 08:05. Are there a lot of flights that were that time of the morning leaving Dubai that have had this change?

It sits around at BHX for over 5 hours until it goes back at 11:50 UK time.

There must still be flights leaving DXB between 08:00 and 10:00 so they can't squeeze the little old BHX flight in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.