Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2014

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2014, 1:20 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Platinum
Originally Posted by adambisi
It has to be both.

EK easily stimulated demand with pricing but took away from other options including connecting in Europe, JFK, EWR, IAD, etc.

There was also an interesting spring break deal to DXB from BOS.
http://www.studentuniverse.com/blog/...ghts-emirates/

So you had J and got bumped to F? Are they getting a lot of paid J and F for this route?
Just saw my vague reply, sorry. Meant I had J and got opped to F, yes. F wasn't very full on my flight though. I hear that J is also running quite full, but Y is crazy.

Last edited by rahultodi33; Mar 16, 2014 at 1:36 am Reason: Clearer answer.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:02 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Patriots
Any guesses on Emirates 10th US destination?
Miami is a possibility, partially to compete with QR starting flights in June. But I do think it will be Chicago. Both QR and EY fly there direct daily, so they must be getting loads.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
What do people think about DTW? There is a large concentration of Arabs plus it is within driving distance from YYZ and since EK has been battling for more flights to Canada, this could be an option right?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
B6 started BOS-DTW nonstop on the same day that EK started DXB-BOS. That obviously doesn't preclude EK from starting a nonstop to DTW but it suggests that at least in the short term they're relying on folks in Michigan being willing to fly DTW-BOS-DXB-XXX.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by techie
Miami is a possibility, partially to compete with QR starting flights in June. But I do think it will be Chicago. Both QR and EY fly there direct daily, so they must be getting loads.
Chicago's already the 9th.
All the talk suggests MIA as the 10th, so I'm running with that as 80% likely. EK have been known to come up with some surprises (SEA and DFW ahead of IAD, ORD and BOS, as an example); so will give the remaining 20% to ATL. Would be an MEB3 monopoly route for EK, who certainly (and, rightfully) have the gumption to take on DL. Lots of folks from the subcontinent as well.
Let's see... they did say there would be 3 launches this year, so an announcement can't be too many moons away.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:10 pm

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
Originally Posted by techie
Chicago has been announced. Starts 5th Aug.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:14 pm

How will the 11,000 seats to India be allocated?

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this post. I reckoned that since it is 100% certain those new seats will be used, and announcements are expected in April, it might be ok to invite speculation here.

So far, what I've read in interviews is:
->Fly Dubai likely to get a decent share
->No new EK routes likely, capacity upgauges to existing ones

What do folks think? Any predictions from those more in the know/ better informed about the market? All I care about is CCU someday getting rid of the 332s, but am not holding my breath given the Indian government's miserly hand-out :-(
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: EK | DL | BA
Originally Posted by rahultodi33
All the talk suggests MIA as the 10th, so I'm running with that as 80% likely. EK have been known to come up with some surprises (SEA and DFW ahead of IAD, ORD and BOS, as an example); so will give the remaining 20% to ATL. Would be an MEB3 monopoly route for EK, who certainly (and, rightfully) have the gumption to take on DL. Lots of folks from the subcontinent as well.
Let's see... they did say there would be 3 launches this year, so an announcement can't be too many moons away.

Really would like to see EK break into ATL before anyone else! To me that would be a bigger and better surprise than a new route announcement to MIA
Old Mar 17, 2014, 1:56 pm

When did they say they would announce 3 new routes this year? Is it 3 US routes? And do you have a source?
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:14 pm

When did they say they would announce 3 new routes this year? Is it 3 US routes? And do you have a source?
This was quite a while ago actually.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97R12O20130828
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:23 pm

This was quite a while ago actually.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...97R12O20130828
Thanks for the article!

With Emirates planning 3 routes in the next 12 months (Now 1 because of ORD and BOS) Miami is the most likely next Emirates US destination. After MIA is ATL and DTW.

Reason why I say MIA is next.
1. It's been rumored and mentioned by Emirates several times
2. Qatar Airways. Emirates is a fighter, I'm sure they will fight for MIA. (It all depends if MIA can handle 2 Middle Easy carriers.

And it's also been mentioned to be launch services in October. 6 month wait period before service. Let's hope and wait in April we will here something.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
Thanks for the article!

With Emirates planning 3 routes in the next 12 months (Now 1 because of ORD and BOS) Miami is the most likely next Emirates US destination. After MIA is ATL and DTW.

Reason why I say MIA is next.
1. It's been rumored and mentioned by Emirates several times
2. Qatar Airways. Emirates is a fighter, I'm sure they will fight for MIA. (It all depends if MIA can handle 2 Middle Easy carriers.

And it's also been mentioned to be launch services in October. 6 month wait period before service. Let's hope and wait in April we will here something.

Though I think its MIA as well due to recent rumors, I wouldn't be shocked if EWR was added instead. There are lot of people from the Indian Subcontinent in North Jersey.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by adambisi
Though I think its MIA as well due to recent rumors, I wouldn't be shocked if EWR was added instead. There are lot of people from the Indian Subcontinent in North Jersey.
True, but that's why there is 2 daily flights from DXB to JFK.

Florida has NO connections
Old Mar 18, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by diontd
Chicago has been announced. Starts 5th Aug.
My bad, didn't realise that they already announced Chi-town. Miami it is then, though I would not be surprised if it ends up being ATL.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 5:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, TrueBlue, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan (starting 2016)
True, but that's why there is 2 daily flights from DXB to JFK.

Florida has NO connections
JFK is not the most convenient airport for folks in Newark, Jersey City etc. and EK could easily go three daily to the NYC area. It would be a very wise move to start EWR soon especially since Jet Airways could switch their Brussels flight to Abu Dhabi with the EY tie-up.

You cannot always use the argument "our area doesn't have a flight."

BOS doesn't have a good link to an Asian hub (NRT is horrible for connections) but Cathay Pacific chose to serve EWR over it and Korean Air chose IAH over it in recent expansion. There's always other factors involved such as either aircraft not having the right aircraft available for the route etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.