Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates New Routes and Changes 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:24 pm
Suspended

My bad
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:51 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Tim(HAM)
Interesting statement given the fact that BOS is the diversion airport for most A380 operations into JFK (EK and LH have diverted with A380 due to weather and medical emergencies before). The first A380 landed at BOS way back in Feb 2010 for compatibility checks...

It is Terminal E that needs to be upgraded, Massport seems to be working on that!
http://www.thenational.ae/business/i...r-boston-route

http://www.necn.com/03/04/14/Interna...blockID=863505
Just because an A380 that is 90% of the way to JFK with a light fuel load can land at BOS, does not mean a fully fueled A380 can take-off bound to Dubai.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 1:54 am

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Originally Posted by ZRHMD11
6. daily flight to KHI from 01.08.14 with A330 (two classes)

EK 610 DXB 22:35
KHI: 01:40

EK 611 KHI: 03:10
DXB: 04:30
How many seats total per week into KHI? Also, which city has the highest seats per week? I am thinking LHR with 5 A380s daily?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:29 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
I'm going to NBO in Nov (30) then back on the 6th Dec (from DXB)

dxb nbo is a 777-300 - the way back is a 330! Is this a planned change?

Fingers crossed it gets upgraded or changed before then...
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:19 am

Programs: Skywards,...
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Just because an A380 that is 90% of the way to JFK with a light fuel load can land at BOS, does not mean a fully fueled A380 can take-off bound to Dubai.
True, but an A380 at MTOW (maximum take off weight) only requires 9,020 ft (9,680 ft for the increased MTOW version), 15R/33L and 4R/22L at BOS are more than 10,000 ft. MAN doesn't have a longer runway and operates daily A380 to Dubai.
The Boeing 747-400 that LH and others operate into and out of BOS need more runway...

Usually the problem is more about taxiway clearance if an airport is not A380 capable.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:37 pm

In August of 2013. Thierry Antinori, chief commercial officer of Emirates said "Emirates plans to add as many as three new U.S. city destinations in the next 12 months"

Ok.. 2 down (BOS, ORD) 1 to go. Which US city will Emirates announce from now to August?

What's your guess?

ATL, DTW, MIA, EWR, LAS, PHX.

Go!
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:37 pm

Programs: Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by m3red
I'm going to NBO in Nov (30) then back on the 6th Dec (from DXB)

dxb nbo is a 777-300 - the way back is a 330! Is this a planned change?

Fingers crossed it gets upgraded or changed before then...
I think the 777-300 is an upgrade for that route ....... I flew the A340 One way and back might have been the 330 (this was March/April)
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Patriots
In August of 2013. Thierry Antinori, chief commercial officer of Emirates said "Emirates plans to add as many as three new U.S. city destinations in the next 12 months"

Ok.. 2 down (BOS, ORD) 1 to go. Which US city will Emirates announce from now to August?

What's your guess?

ATL, DTW, MIA, EWR, LAS, PHX.

Go!
EWR ..........
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:24 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by safari_7
I think the 777-300 is an upgrade for that route ....... I flew the A340 One way and back might have been the 330 (this was March/April)
Is it packed full of golds and plats? I'm in j going on a safari to mhuli mzuri.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:42 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Platinum
EWR ..........
US flights are heavily populated by sub-continent O&D traffic, and ~80% of South Asians in the US are Indian. Of the top 15 Indian-diaspora metropolitan areas in the US, EK serves 11 (assuming Baltimore is covered by IAD and Sunnyvale by SFO).

My key questions are: What's left, in ranking order? PHL, ATL, DTW, MIA. PHX is #16. How are these growing? PHX is fastest, followed by ATL, MIA, DTW. What are potential monopolies? Only PHX. QR beat EK to PHL (which Tim Clark had mentioned years ago as a possible destination) and MIA, DL serves ATL. Am thinking some competitive breathing room might be welcome, with things heating up at DFW and LAX.

EWR is definitely possible given the sheer number of Indians in New Jersey. ATL still intuitive with 2.5 times the Indian population of PHX + the cargo precursor. But going to volunteer PHX as a creative second choice for argument's sake, with ATL for 2015.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 4:46 am

Programs: EK Platinum, QR Platinum
Originally Posted by rahultodi33

My key questions are: What's left, in ranking order? PHL, ATL, DTW, MIA. PHX is #16. How are these growing? PHX is fastest, followed by ATL, MIA, DTW. What are potential monopolies? Only PHX. QR beat EK to PHL (which Tim Clark had mentioned years ago as a possible destination) and MIA, DL serves ATL. Am thinking some competitive breathing room might be welcome, with things heating up at DFW and LAX.
Punched it out too quickly yet again. PHL also growing at similar pace to ATL and MIA. DTW would also be a monopoly (unless you count RJ, lol) but B6 launched the Boston connector on the same day as EK service, going to assume that covers it for now. Anyway, sticking with PHX for my bet. And most importantly, sorry for speculating on the wrong thread!!
Old Jun 14, 2014, 9:46 am

US flights are heavily populated by sub-continent O&D traffic, and ~80% of South Asians in the US are Indian. Of the top 15 Indian-diaspora metropolitan areas in the US, EK serves 11 (assuming Baltimore is covered by IAD and Sunnyvale by SFO).

EWR is definitely possible given the sheer number of Indians in New Jersey. ATL still intuitive with 2.5 times the Indian population of PHX + the cargo precursor. But going to volunteer PHX as a creative second choice for argument's sake, with ATL for 2015.
Punched it out too quickly yet again. PHL also growing at similar pace to ATL and MIA. DTW would also be a monopoly (unless you count RJ, lol) but B6 launched the Boston connector on the same day as EK service, going to assume that covers it for now. Anyway, sticking with PHX for my bet. And most importantly, sorry for speculating on the wrong thread!!
Whoa... PHL over EWR and MIA?! Wow. I'm shocked.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 1:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
EWR ..........
Actually, EWR is a slots restrictions. They won't be at EWR anytime soon.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by m3red
Is it packed full of golds and plats? I'm in j going on a safari to mhuli mzuri.
A fair few I think ........ Definitely Gold ....

Enjoy Mhali Mzuri ...... Reports from the Mara and the OMC seem phenomenal right now - already this early in the season.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by N830MH
Actually, EWR is a slots restrictions. They won't be at EWR anytime soon.
Even though I sorta disagree with EK starting EWR; it's because of JFK.

I know that JFK and EWR serve 2 different markets but it doesn't make sense to rush and pass other major US Cities who can very well use that sort of flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.