Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2015, 5:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold
Hainan might priced the flights cheaper for people who start their travel in China.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by nombody
Hainan might priced the flights cheaper for people who start their travel in China.
Or for a new route that hasn't started flying yet, they may have only loaded a few fares. What booking class is available?

I tried too and got the same fare, but it is a K fare, and the booking classes available (in theory) are
YBHKLMQXUVE

So it is a pretty high booking class - I suspect that additional fares will become available. They offered me full flexible fare for only $400 more.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Or for a new route that hasn't started flying yet, they may have only loaded a few fares. What booking class is available?

I tried too and got the same fare, but it is a K fare, and the booking classes available (in theory) are
YBHKLMQXUVE

So it is a pretty high booking class - I suspect that additional fares will become available. They offered me full flexible fare for only $400 more.
Makes sense...

2,200$ for a fully flex ticket is very cheap, such pricing would surely attract some business pax from LY who need the flexibility but still want a direct flight.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt

the pricing will go down no doubt, it's just showing that high because they haven't loaded the full suite of fares and fare classes. Think of these prices as more of a place holder.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
No more SK

SAS are terminating the service to CPH. I won't miss them.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by Houminer
It's always sad to see an airline go. Especially a *A airline.

I was just checking the UA SFO flight prices for summer and they are insanely high. All UA flights to SFO including through EWR are insanely high.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 1:32 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by NYTA
I was just checking the UA SFO flight prices for summer and they are insanely high. All UA flights to SFO including through EWR are insanely high.
Insanely high? I was able to find TLV-SFO r/t for around 1,500$ in Y and 4,000$ in J. I think it's reasonable for a direct flight to SFO... at this price point UA should have no problem filling up their planes. of course it's more expensive than a non direct flight but all in all I think there is a huge crowd who will be very happy paying the premium for the direct option.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 6:45 am

When I checked it was 2800 in Y for July 1 vs 1300 on TK
Old Oct 18, 2015, 10:33 am

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4712396,00.html

New Hainan Airlines fares were just updated. It's now about half the price of yesterday, TLV-PEK r/t in Y starting at around 800$, 3,500$ in J.

It looks like Hainan is aiming to be around 20% cheaper than LY. Now we will have to see if LY will start a fare war like we've seen on BOS.

Last edited by TLVtraveler; Oct 18, 2015 at 10:39 am
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Houminer
This is just temporary for S16. They will return to operate from W16. They say that the reason is crew-scheduling problems and aircraft availability.

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4713506,00.html
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze

And now they say it is because of the "political instability" of the area. Wow...
Old Oct 19, 2015, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by gordo6
And now they say it is because of the "political instability" of the area. Wow...
Good riddance. Crappy service, crappy schedule, crappy on board prouduct.
Old Oct 19, 2015, 11:47 pm

They are cancelling Moscow and Ankara too so at least we're not the only ones with political instability!
Old Oct 20, 2015, 2:19 am

I never really liked SAS on the TLV route, as I usually fly J payed by the company I work for, I never got the concept of SAS GO and SAS+. Is it really that big of a deal for an airline to block the middle seat and hand out a nice meal if someone is willing to pay triple for it?
Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
I never really liked SAS on the TLV route, as I usually fly J payed by the company I work for, I never got the concept of SAS GO and SAS+. Is it really that big of a deal for an airline to block the middle seat and hand out a nice meal if someone is willing to pay triple for it?
For that matter, is it really such a big deal to Install proper J class á la Air Serbia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.