Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by ELY001
Since TLV, on a seat per mile basis, is one of the most profitable routes in the industry,
What do you mean by this?

...Should those issues be resolved, EL AL could easily become one of the leading airlines in the world...
I can't see these issues being resolved for a very long time...
Old May 5, 2015, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by benberg2013
I can't see these issues being resolved for a very long time...
I believe differently.
Old May 5, 2015, 11:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I hope they do! Would be another great use of AA miles
Amazing value, given the current award charts and the fact that TLV is included in the Middle East region. All the way to Japan with CX in J for only 30K miles, anyone?

Time will tell.
Old May 6, 2015, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Semi OT: Cathay looking to fly TLV-HKG

Isn't HU an AA partner? If so, is it the same rate stated above?
Old May 6, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I don't think so..
Old May 6, 2015, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by gordo6
See here
Old May 6, 2015, 7:51 am
Suspended

Question is how will it affect the likes of say Finnair or TK which looks to the connecting onward passengers. If a bunch of Asian carriers starts up flying in, some other carriers may elect to leave or cut the # of weekly flights. That is unless these new flights arent competitive price wise.
Old May 6, 2015, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by entropy
I don't think so..
It appears I was mistaken...
Anyway, if CX does start flying to Israel, I may consider moving from BAEC to AA, given these rates... 30/45k for C/F to Asia?!? Of-course, we don't know how much award seats CX will open to TLV...
Old May 9, 2015, 8:20 pm
formerly gemini573

Programs: CX Emerald, WOH Globalist, Marriott Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, Virtuoso, Prive, STEPS, STARS
Originally Posted by gordo6
It appears I was mistaken...
Anyway, if CX does start flying to Israel, I may consider moving from BAEC to AA, given these rates... 30/45k for C/F to Asia?!? Of-course, we don't know how much award seats CX will open to TLV...
I wouldn't make that switch yet.

There is an article in the local HK English newspaper http://scmp.com which basically says that CX is going to cut the redemption options for oneworld partners.
Old May 10, 2015, 12:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gemini573
I wouldn't make that switch yet.

There is an article in the local HK English newspaper http://scmp.com which basically says that CX is going to cut the redemption options for oneworld partners.
Does that mean that slowly but surely the entire One World group are devaluating their reward program (following BA and Iberia) ? Scary...
Old May 10, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
New route to Australia from TLV

Now that AI is flying DEL to MEL and SYD, you can fly on Star Alliance to Australia that way with 2 stops, and quite short total trip times.

AI to SYD 4 times a week, and to MEL on Sunday, Wednesday and Friday.

FRA, IST and others as first connection. Total trip times that compare favorably to the LY/QF or LY/CX connections
Old May 10, 2015, 5:26 am

How does AI (business or economy) stack up against QF or CX?
Old May 10, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, Hyatt Plat
Have any of you ever actually flown AI....if you think LY is unbearable just try flying them.
Old May 10, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by ELY001
Have any of you ever actually flown AI....if you think LY is unbearable just try flying them.
^

Flew AI a few times in the past. Last month I had the chance to try their 787 (on a domestic flight), the flagship of their fleet basically, and couldn't believe it was a Dreamliner. The economy seats looked like they were from the 90's. The flight was practically empty though.
Old May 11, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Trying AI in June

We will be trying AI DEL MEL on the 787 in Business in June, I will report back briefly (not one of those detailed trip reports with photos etc I am afraid)
Tickets were cheap!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.