Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Not sure to understand. Is that EWR to SFO or do you mean back to Europe?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by economyman
Not sure to understand. Is that EWR to SFO or do you mean back to Europe?
Sorry about that. Read the edited post. I can't multi-task!

Last edited by joshwex90; Jan 27, 2015 at 1:44 am
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Read the edited post. I can't multi-task!

Taking 3 flights is not a decent option for me so I would only consider a direct to SFO. On the return an early evening from EWR could be an option I guess but again, I need different options. I only return from NYC about once in every 3 or 4 trips. I use lots of different US gateways, ORD being the most common for my departures, but also IAD, BOS, MIA, LAX, SFO (most common on arrival).
Old Jan 27, 2015, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Taking 3 flights is not a decent option for me so I would only consider a direct to SFO. On the return an early evening from EWR could be an option I guess but again, I need different options. I only return from NYC about once in every 3 or 4 trips. I use lots of different US gateways, ORD being the most common for my departures, but also IAD, BOS, MIA, LAX, SFO (most common on arrival).
But that means that starting April, you have a "direct" option in TLV-IST-SFO
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:00 am

It's all rather theoretical tbh as I have no good reason to switch away from BA but it is interesting to see what other options exist.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's all rather theoretical tbh as I have no good reason to switch away from BA but it is interesting to see what other options exist.
You have less of a reason as BA is a great airline. I have more of a reason as UA is becoming less of an option for me, yet I want to stay with *A, and don't want to have to connect in London as it will be out of the way 50% of the time.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
You have less of a reason as BA is a great airline. I have more of a reason as UA is becoming less of an option for me, yet I want to stay with *A, and don't want to have to connect in London as it will be out of the way 50% of the time.
Indeed TK is probably a good option if you want to stay with *A although Swiss and LH are also options, Swiss being rather good. My only problem with Swiss is there pedantic approach to carry on weight/size restrictions even when flying business. How are TK on this?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed TK is probably a good option if you want to stay with *A although Swiss and LH are also options, Swiss being rather good. My only problem with Swiss is there pedantic approach to carry on weight/size restrictions even when flying business. How are TK on this?
I really like LX, but TK has the following benefits:

Flexibility (LX has only 2 flights/day; TK has much more)
Time traveling east (TK is a short flight; LX it's somewhat going backwards)
Better cabin: Yes, LX's widebody is better for than TK's narrowbody on the TLV leg. But TK's narrowbody is better than LH's and LX's narrow.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:24 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I have never had TK weigh my carryon and if you are TK elite you theoretically get two carryons plus a personal item even in Y but I haven't tested that.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Indeed TK is probably a good option if you want to stay with *A although Swiss and LH are also options
Yes, except LH's terrible offering on the TLV a route.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One other major benefit of TK over LH/LX: Ease of earning *G. If I was flying enough to earn HON, then fine. But if flying under 100K/year, better be TK where I can get *G then M&M where I'd only be *S
Old Jan 29, 2015, 2:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Brussels Airlines

SN to increase frequency to 14 weekly flights (up from 10) and introduce schedule timing changes.

http://www.ias.co.il/siteFiles/13/132/22468.asp
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:03 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA silver, LH, UA
Originally Posted by clubman
SN to increase frequency to 14 weekly flights (up from 10) and introduce schedule timing changes.

http://www.ias.co.il/siteFiles/13/132/22468.asp
The 1:20 am departure was optimal for those who wanted to minimize time abroad. I could reach a 9 am meeting in any central Europe location by taking this flight (rather the night before), plus getting to the airport was nicer (simple train that arrives at 11:20 or so). Now, it's just one of many options...
Old Jan 29, 2015, 3:21 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Couldn't figure out when the evening flight from BRU to TLV will arrive in TLV.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 5:59 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by NYTA
Couldn't figure out when the evening flight from BRU to TLV will arrive in TLV.
Leaves 20:55 arrives 02:20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.