Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
That's what I usually do, then head back to the E gates at around 8:15.
Lol the Aryan thing, imagine what I feel like in full chassidishe levush. Burich Sheh Loi Usani Goy is what I have to say!
Haha

Hmm, I dunno, I think ORD being the hub that it is should have a slightyly inferior P.S. to JFK/EWR but better than the normal mid-cons.
But that's the point - ORD is a hub. They really don't need to do much to capture pax. Sure, some might use AA. But UA is the largest airline in the world and ORD is their second largest base of operations. So too many people will use them anyways that it's not worth their while to spend more to upgrade the service. It'd be nice if all domestic flights were p.s., but alas, we're in a different age now, which is why I've moved most of my domestic travel to B6. Best domestic airline. Comfy leather seats, 34 inch seat pitch that's pretty roomy, decent recline, free drinks and snacks, Kosher snacboxes on long flights, free satellite TV, no DYKWIA pax, and fun FAs!

Does anyone know how KE's SEL-TLV service is going? I know that they've upgraded it from an A332 to a 772. Possibilty of daily?
I've never done it, but a friend told me that he really liked his TLV-ICN flight on KE. But I have no idea about upgrade or anything
Old May 20, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
That's what I usually do, then head back to the E gates at around 8:15.
Lol the Aryan thing, imagine what I feel like in full chassidishe levush. Burich Sheh Loi Usani Goy is what I have to say!

Hmm, I dunno, I think ORD being the hub that it is should have a slightyly inferior P.S. to JFK/EWR but better than the normal mid-cons.

Agree with you on the entertainment systems.

Does anyone know how KE's SEL-TLV service is going? I know that they've upgraded it from an A332 to a 772. Possibilty of daily?
When I flew it earlier this year we were the only passengers in F but J was almost full. Was a fantastic flight
Old May 21, 2012, 2:00 am

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Sounds good. Nice to know that they're doing well with the route.

Has anyone heard anything about some new flights to europe?
Old Jun 19, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AB Doubling Their Flights

AB is doubling their weekly flights, TXL-TLV, from 3 to 6, at the end of June. Prices are $142 for one-way if booked online, or $159.

This is to more heavily compete with LH, who added 2 weekly flights TXL-TLV, on Saturday and Sunday.

Source - Globes: Air Berlin doubles weekly Tel Aviv flights
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
AB is doubling their weekly flights, TXL-TLV, from 3 to 6, at the end of June. Prices are $142 for one-way if booked online, or $159.

This is to more heavily compete with LH, who added 2 weekly flights TXL-TLV, on Saturday and Sunday.

Source - Globes: Air Berlin doubles weekly Tel Aviv flights
interesting.
AB is deffinatly a carrier to watch.
Too bad LH can't deploy an A330 from TXL to Israel, 4:30hrs is a long time to be stuck in an A32x with no individual AVOD and IFE.
Best of luck to them both however.

Israel-Deutschland has really blown up in recent years it seems
Old Jun 22, 2012, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

interesting.
AB is deffinatly a carrier to watch.
Too bad LH can't deploy an A330 from TXL to Israel, 4:30hrs is a long time to be stuck in an A32x with no individual AVOD and IFE.
Best of luck to them both however.

That's really annoying, and that's a case where I'd take LY over LH.

I guess they feel that a lot of pax on TLV-FRA/MUC are connecting pax, and they need to use the widebodies as an incentive, but TLV-TXL is probably more O&D traffic
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Blown up??

Not the wisest choice of words....
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by joshwex90
That's really annoying, and that's a case where I'd take LY over LH.

I guess they feel that a lot of pax on TLV-FRA/MUC are connecting pax, and they need to use the widebodies as an incentive, but TLV-TXL is probably more O&D traffic
LH to MUC is also changing to a narrow-body after the summer.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by 2035
Sadly seems the A321 will be replacing the A340
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 2035
Temporary or permanent change?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:47 am

I don't think they're using the w/b's as an incentive, they're using them because the demand warrants them. The 5am departure is obviously timed for connections, thats true.

MUC, TXL are both more O&D markets I'd say.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
I don't think they're using the w/b's as an incentive, they're using them because the demand warrants them. The 5am departure is obviously timed for connections, thats true.

Munich has plenty of connecting passengers, I fly LHR-TLV often with LH, more often through MUC then FRA.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe not incentives, but perhaps the demand warrants them because there's a lot of connecting pax.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AAerSTL
Basically, TWA flew to Israel since the Mandate days and had a large, very senior workforce to handle a single 767-300 to JFK. When AMR acquired TWA out of bankruptcy (structured as an asset purchase) they promptly ceased flying and provided no notice to the passengers affected, many arrived at TLV to find an empty ticket counter, workers didn't find out any sooner. When AMR purchased TWA's assets they were truly on the brink of liquidation in January 2001. I was in St. Louis at the time, my Dad was flying TWA weekly for work and he too became very concerned about his flights AMR feared if the market conditions required them to cancel or suspend the service they'd be on the hook for the severance benefits. The flights ended promptly to prevent seizure of the aircraft. There has been speculation of the amounts outstanding, possible TLV service on AA, etc. Without the US merger I wouldn't count on it but I think they're missing a huge opportunity from Miami.

http://www.jewishsightseeing.com/tra...n_airlines.htm

http://www.thestreet.com/story/13513...ict-court.html
I cant speak for the other Intl stations , but TLV TWA had its own employees and not rent a crew people.They also had their own equipment rther then rent a crews.

AA didnt want to take on the debt that TWA accumualted at TLV so when they purchased TWA they did so with the exception of the TLV route.The Israeli courts said you can say what ever you want we see it as AA purchased TW and anything belongig to AA can be ceased to pay off the TW debts.Which is why AA never flew into TLV

What TW did was to call a MX on the 884 (JFK-TLV) that way the 885 sitting on the ground @ TLV would be able to take off. Once that plane left TLV , TW announced it was ceasing the TLV route hence forth, and owed alot of $$$ to its employees and vendors.They did it this way to prevent the plane sitting waiting to be the 885 from being ceased(smart move).

The unknown is what will the Israeli courts say if a AA plane lands @ TLV ( after a US takeover) I think it wont happen since the Courts will say it can be ceased to pay off the TW debts, unless Parker (CEO of US) strikes a deal of some sort with the Courts on paying it off.

I ended up flying back to TLV on DL who were accepting the TW tkts even an award tkt like mine was
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:02 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
I think in the long run it was a dumb move by AA - they could have negotiated a settlement with the employees - especially if they were buying the assets of TWA, not the shares, the employees would have had no claim. I'm sure they could have flown a number of profitable routes including JFK and MIA over the last several years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.