Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Flights not yet updated in booking systems
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
http://airlineroute.net/2012/07/18/ba-tlv-w12/
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, LY Silver
Originally Posted by ELAL
Flights not yet updated in booking systems
The flights have now been updated in booking systems and F and W classes have been removed
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by damaxer91
There is a mistake in this link. All flights to be operated by A321.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:52 am

The BMI lounge know nothing about kosher meals. Said they still have to be trained BA policy regarding such requests.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 11:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by Shimon
The BMI lounge know nothing about kosher meals. Said they still have to be trained BA policy regarding such requests.
But they have the Taittinger, right?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 3:38 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BizFlyin
But they have the Taittinger, right?
Last time I was there (when bmi was *A) there wasn't any champagne - only red and white wines...
Old Jul 18, 2012, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by pianoamit
Last time I was there (when bmi was *A) there wasn't any champagne - only red and white wines...
Lounge itself is lovely, but in terms of food and beverage i hope BA bring it up to their standards.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
LX - twice daily A330

Haven't seen this posted here (though may have missed it) but unlike BA and LH, LX are not only maintaing the wide bodies on the TLV route but also switching to twice daily A330s from the winter schedule instead of the A330/A340 mix which will apparently increase capacity by 7%.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by clubman
Haven't seen this posted here (though may have missed it) but unlike BA and LH, LX are not only maintaing the wide bodies on the TLV route but also switching to twice daily A330s from the winter schedule instead of the A330/A340 mix which will apparently increase capacity by 7%.
LX is a wonderful airline, and it's quite a hassle-free change in ZRH, but it's much harder to earn and maintain status on *A with a stingy travel policy, as most reduced rates earn little to no status miles...
Old Jul 19, 2012, 12:20 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Very disappointing, this news about BA.
Aside from their potential loss of premium passengers (WT+ included in that) due to the change in AC, I suspect they will lose a ton of connecting traffic from TLV through LHR due to the T1 switch. This stands to be disastrous for them. In my own, admitedly non-scientific, assesment, based on about 4 connecting RT's with them each year, I'd say nearly half of a typical 777/767 flight between LHR and TLV is connecting. They can say bye-bye to that traffic.
Very strange that BA are doing this. This kind of business decision is more expected from LY upper management than BA.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 2:59 pm

Isn't LY also in T1?

Considering T1 is going to be BA's second terminal you'd hope they make connections as smooth as possible.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: LY Top Platinum, AA Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Isn't LY also in T1?
Yes . . . which is part of the reason BA loses its advantage over LY for connecting pax. Until now, flying BA TLV-LHR-MIA (for example) was a real breeze, as the BA arrival from TLV would almost always park at the same part of T5 (B Gates usually) as the flights to MIA (and NYC for that matter) - also the B Gates. And even if it was the A gates - still a very easy transfer inside of the T5 apparatus.

Now, with the TLV running out of T1 and the longhaul connections most TLV pax would be connecting to still running out of T5, its a royal pain and time consuming, to connect.

Considering T1 is going to be BA's second terminal you'd hope they make connections as smooth as possible.
There is no way to replicate the smooth connection within T5 if you need to move from T1 to T5.

Like I said, this kind of ill-advised decision is something I would more expect from the jokers at LY than the management of BA. That is unless they have somehow determined that connecting passengers are not that significant on the route. Barring that, I am afraid they have been grossly misinformed and will yet regret this decision.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:38 pm

Both the BA and LH changes are now updated on booking systems (just checked KVS).
Old Jul 19, 2012, 4:15 pm

Jetairfly LGG-TLV going down from 3x weekly to 2x weekly.

Shame as this is probaly the cheapest line between Europe to Israel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.