Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > EL AL | Matmid
Reload this Page >

New routes / extra frequencies to and from TLV - all airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 10, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gordo6
See latest posts for updates and discussion.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
Originally Posted by joshwex90
I'm surprised that no one's yet filled the void, either TLV-DEL or TLV-BOM. Either of those could be a profitable route. Lots of leisure traffic, and now more business traffic.
The Bi-Lateral doesn't allow for those additions, they'd have to first renegociate that.

Originally Posted by agold18
I think its a bad idea for the LHR-TLV route and I really hope that it wont happen.

http://www.atwonline.com/airports-ro...e-changes-0627
I don't think BA will send any A320's to TLV anytime soon, it's a strong route for them and anyways can you imagine how much of a payload hit those birds would take??
the AF Airbii already operate at near MTOW both directions...
Old Jul 2, 2012, 6:00 am

Programs: *A GOLD, EL AL PLATINUM, ONEWORLD*SAPPHIRE, ACCOR CLUB PLATINUM, Human Race Platinum for life
In a different paper I read again that India wants to have more bilateral relations with Israel, attract more Israeli investors, and increase Indian destinations from TLV.

Want increased business with the 2 countries? Abolish the need to apply for a visa for entering India!!!
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:52 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
I don't think BA will send any A320's to TLV anytime soon, it's a strong route for them and anyways can you imagine how much of a payload hit those birds would take??
Read on ATWOnline.com:
Originally Posted by ATWOnline.com
British Airways announces winter schedule changes

<snip>

BA said it was “actively looking” at right-sizing some of its own services, using former bmi aircraft to give it room to maneuver in switching types between routes. For example, he said, BA Boeing 767s operating on European routes to destinations such as Paris, Athens and Tel Aviv might be replaced by former bmi Airbus A320s, although no firm decisions have been made. This would release the larger 767s for use on long-haul routes.

<snip>
Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by TWA884
Read on ATWOnline.com:
He saw the article (he quoted it in his post). Doesn't change him not thinking it will happen - even people on the BA forum are surprised with some also doubting it will happen. Let's hope BA doesn't follow through
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:26 pm

Exactly.
Obviously I'm a star alliance whore so on the rare occasion that I fly LON-TLV it's hardly ever with BA, however I'm told that it's usually at more than 90% occupancy. Multiple days p/week it goes out at 100%
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by joshwex90
even people on the BA forum are surprised with some also doubting it will happen.
Actually, the general consensus on there is that it will (unfortunately...).
Old Jul 3, 2012, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by clubman
Actually, the general consensus on there is that it will (unfortunately...).
Not from the posts that I just read. Many said it's too crazy, and just speculation. Almost everyone (if not everyone) seem to think the 777 will stay.
The impression I got from there is that most don't *think* the route will downgrade to A321, though some acknowledge it may happen, in some form.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:50 pm

If BA really wants to send an A320/1 on this route let it be from Manchester...
Of course that would require a proper narrow-body business class seat and why would they do that when euro-biz is so comfortable.
(sarcastic obviously)
Old Jul 10, 2012, 1:05 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by ELAL
Munich has plenty of connecting passengers, I fly LHR-TLV often with LH, more often through MUC then FRA.
It shouln't be forgotton that since LH introduced direct MUC-TLV flights they also in the meanwhile reduced capacity o their day time flight from FRA which used to be operated by a Boeing 747-400 and is now down to A330/A343 for most flights. It therefore could be that they haven't gained much more passengers however instead lost connecting passengers, which make up most of the capacity, on the day time FRA-TLV-FRA route and had these passengers fly via MUC instead which is a much more pleasant airport to connect between flights than FRA. Especially for european connections MUC basically offers the same possiblilities than FRA. Possibly it makes more sense for LH to deploy a long haul plane out of MUC to a other route and have the premium connecting passengers fly via FRA?
Old Jul 12, 2012, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
The end of Long Haul product with LH on the TLV route?

Starting 28/09/12 FRA-TLV flight are switching to A321s!

According to Ynet at least...

In Hebrew:

http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4254828,00.html

Last edited by clubman; Jul 12, 2012 at 3:03 pm
Old Jul 13, 2012, 12:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just to add to the above (which I'm still not sure whether Ynet got it right or not, as i havent found any further information other than speculation following this very same article on the LH forum) that they are also claiming LH will bring forward the night flight from FRA to TLV to 19:30 arriving in TLV around midnight.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 3:10 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by clubman
Just to add to the above (which I'm still not sure whether Ynet got it right or not, as i havent found any further information other than speculation following this very same article on the LH forum) that they are also claiming LH will bring forward the night flight from FRA to TLV to 19:30 arriving in TLV around midnight.
That would be an improvement in schedule - I hate waiting in Europe for hours when trying to connect from the US, but the narrowbodies only give the advantage to ElAl.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: *A Gold, BA Silver, Avis President, Hertz President circle
Originally Posted by NYTA
That would be an improvement in schedule - I hate waiting in Europe for hours when trying to connect from the US, but the narrowbodies only give the advantage to ElAl.
Not in my opinion, many Europeans use the late flight after a full days work, taking a 6pm departure and then connecting in FRA.

Regarding the US connections, don't most flights make it in time to connect to the morning flight?
Old Jul 13, 2012, 6:34 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Chairman, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, GA Pilot
Originally Posted by ELAL
Not in my opinion, many Europeans use the late flight after a full days work, taking a 6pm departure and then connecting in FRA.

Regarding the US connections, don't most flights make it in time to connect to the morning flight?
only AF has a decent connection from SFO that lets you get most of a day's work done in SF and still get to TLV at a reasonable hour. Otherwise you're either arriving at 3:30am or landing somewhere in Europe in the morning and waiting there all day for the night flight (or taking a double red-eye).
Old Jul 13, 2012, 8:08 am

You must be talking about west coast flights, even from YUL which is only a medium sized airport there are plenty of options to take off in the evening, land in Europe in the morning wait a couple hours and be in Tel Aviv for a late lunch.

Anyways, I hope LH doesn't change both flights to NB's it would be a major disappointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.