Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > DiningBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's for dinner?

What's for dinner?

Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Not these days, I don’t. My favorite pizza place is in Bali, and it’s not real easy to get to these days. Normally it would be a 90 minute flight away.
i’m unfamiliar with sheltering rules outside my own city and assume that you can just pay $ to get somewhere as needed. I also assume that you can always eventually return to USA and then get pork galore, even if it’s not for another year or four - the point being that it’s possible for you in your future whereas others in Indonesia might not have the ability / desire to just ever go to USA.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by gaobest
we have chicken sausages for grilling and they’re not going on pizza :-)
I am not a fan of the CPK chicken pizza.
Yes, just discovered a German charcuterie with some Polish inheritance. We're having some Polish chicken sausages (very spicy) together with lamb skewers for the BBQ today. Chill with Chili!
Old Jun 19, 2020, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gfunkdave
Seriously, the guy must spend all his time cooking.

Last night I made pesto for the first time! It was delish! We were watching Queer Eye last week and one of the recipes that Antoni taught the makeover person to make was pesto pasta with pickled grapes. It sounded good, and it was really good.

In the cuisinart I put waaay too much garlic, basil, romano cheese, and pine nuts I'd toasted in a pan, then added olive oil and lemon juice.

Served with orecchiete and sauteed chicken thighs, and red seedless grapes I'd soaked in some balsamic for 20 mins. And some alvarinho. It was great.
I bought red grapes and since you can't taste one anymore, they aren't too great. I want to do the balsamic thing...are you slicing the grapes in half first or just soaking whole.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Dining out at one of the best restaurants in Chapel Hill:

elements Restaurant & Wine Bar of Chapel Hill
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:26 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Smoked whole chicken, a rack of pork ribs, baked beans, mac & cheese, cornbread, and a half decent Barbera from Calaveras county.
corky and Jaimito Cartero like this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
Smoked whole chicken, a rack of pork ribs, baked beans, mac & cheese, cornbread, and a half decent Barbera from Calaveras county.
this is a lot for one’s supper! Enjoy enjoy.

I had a large taqueria luncheon today so might skip supper and just have an ice cream cone for dessert. I’m soooooo full.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess this will end up subbing for dinner . One of my neighbors does an awesome Friday night concert every week. Most times i have a friend over to sit on my front yard spaced 6 ft away. I make separate snack trays for us. Tonight is grilled shrimp, tortilla chips,.guacamole , pineapple salsa (jarred from TJ) ....i made pineapple/basil Margaritas for us.

ETA: half box of Tagalongs from the freezer.

Last edited by corky; Jun 19, 2020 at 11:29 pm
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was indeed too full for a normal supper:
nectarine
organic mango
2 freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies
lots of iced water

Originally Posted by corky
I guess this will end up subbing for dinner . One of my neighbors does an awesome Friday night concert every week. Most times i have a friend over to sit on my front yard spaced 6 ft away. I make separate snack trays for us. Tonight is grilled shrimp, tortilla chips,.guacamole , pineapple salsa (jarred from TJ) ....i made pineapple/basil Margaritas for us.
sounds super fun and delicious! I had taqueria guacamole & pico de Gallo with my luncheon today so I know how yummy those are.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 12:08 pm

Last night at one of my favorite restaurants:
Cocktail: Tanqueray & tonic
Appetizer: Crawfish, sun dried tomatoes, leeks, manchego, brandy cream sauce over a crepe.
Main: crispy leg of duck confit and roasted breast slices over roasted mushroom choucroute with a Riesling reduction & roasted potatoes & shallots.
Wine: New Zealand Pinot noir
Dessert: A fabulous Creme Brûlée topped with fresh blueberries

First time the restaurant was open for sit down dinner. It was only a soft opening with four tables invited. Only two people/table.
corky and Jaimito Cartero like this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 3:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I'm enjoying leftover ground turkey mixed with seasonings, a touch of lemon and feta, shaped into slider-size patties, grilled and served on brioche rolls with mayo, garlic and chives. I paired that with a bag of Green Giant broccoli with cheese sauce, and I'm trying to keep from eating the entire bag of broccoli in one sitting.

I'm also enjoying a beer with dinner.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 4:36 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
this is a lot for one’s supper! Enjoy enjoy.
Indeed, there was plenty for dinner for the four of us, and lunch again today.

Tonight will be pizza and salad. Debating whether to indulge the kids request for Round Table or if we try one of the more artisan places near us.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by work2fly
Indeed, there was plenty for dinner for the four of us, and lunch again today.

Tonight will be pizza and salad. Debating whether to indulge the kids request for Round Table or if we try one of the more artisan places near us.
omg I thought that you ate the full rack of ribs and the whole chicken. It’s better that 4 of you were eating this.
I loved Round Table in the 80s and maybe once or twice in the 90s but there’s no way I would choose it over almost any other pizza spot. The only pizza chain I would allow is Lou Malnattis in Chicagoland. Everytime I choose what our child wants is because there’s a huge benefit for me, like how our child requested the fridge with the door dispenser, which is so perfect for me.

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
Last night at one of my favorite restaurants:
Cocktail: Tanqueray & tonic
Appetizer: Crawfish, sun dried tomatoes, leeks, manchego, brandy cream sauce over a crepe.
Main: crispy leg of duck confit and roasted breast slices over roasted mushroom choucroute with a Riesling reduction & roasted potatoes & shallots.
Wine: New Zealand Pinot noir
Dessert: A fabulous Creme Brûlée topped with fresh blueberries
First time the restaurant was open for sit down dinner. It was only a soft opening with four tables invited. Only two people/table.
sounds great - was it a prix fixe or could the 4 tables choose from a menu?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:02 pm

sounds great - was it a prix fixe or could the 4 tables choose from a menu?
Was able to choose from a single use paper menu. Definitely appreciated all of the precautions that the restaurant took.
corky likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
Was able to choose from a single use paper menu. Definitely appreciated all of the precautions that the restaurant took.
Come on, give them a shoutout; what's the name of the restaurant?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Romaine lettuce salad
Grilled chicken burger with leftover guacamole
Grilled corn
gaobest likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.